North Wales Meet, Sunday 12th March

Search this Thread

Old 24 February 2006, 08:26 PM
GazJenno
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default North Wales Meet, Sunday 12th March

Hi all,

Any of you who have followed the "anyone in northwales" thread I started will know we were thinking of having a meet so we could all check out each others cars and maybe go for a run.

A suggested meeting place was Abergele McDonalds which is indicated on the Map below. This is on the roundabout Junction 24 off the *** next to "PetPlace" which hopefully will be closed so we will have lots of parking space

A suggestion was made to have this meet on the 12th of March at 10am which sould give everyone time to venture down or have a lie in as it maybe in some cases.

after we have had a chat and had a good look at each others motors we could go for a run towards the west around the twisties and to see the Snowdonian Mountain Range, Time for some Photos me thinks. Routes shown below.

If you would like to attend this meet on the 12th March at 10am in the Abergele MacDonalds car park please add your names to the list accordingly. Hope to see many of you there.
GAZ

NorthWales Meet:
1. GazJenno
Old 24 February 2006, 09:51 PM
Mitch WRX
Scooby Regular

PET PLACE opens at 10.30am i think on sundays.....................
count me in................
Old 24 February 2006, 10:17 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NorthWales Meet:
1. GazJenno
2. Jules
3. poo2y
4. Mitch WRX

I deleted the other thread for you before you get in a knot here
Old 25 February 2006, 07:55 PM
GazJenno
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that SSS, saved us alot of hassle there, .

If we manage to get good numbers then hopefully we can hold these meets on a regular basis.

GAZ
Old 25 February 2006, 08:02 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anytime Gaz
As you can see it's only picked up well down here in the last couple of months also it's amazing how many people read but don't post and we find we always get a couple of extra faces that simply turn up on the night.

It may pay to go on the Welsh section on SIDC and post this there as well.

Good luck up there

Simon
Old 26 February 2006, 12:20 PM
GazJenno
Scooby Regular

NorthWales Meet:
1. GazJenno
2. Jules
3. poo2y
4. Mitch WRX
5. Jan&Chris (chrismaz5, SIDC) 2cars

Last edited by GazJenno; 26 February 2006 at 12:22 PM.
Old 28 February 2006, 06:41 PM
GazJenno
Scooby Regular

BTTT
Old 03 March 2006, 11:03 AM
julesp600
Scooby Regular

Please keep your fingers crossed for my car to be ready!!! I can't believe the trouble I am having.

All I can say to you all is please please please stay well away from Nippon Spares. They are unbelievably bad and lie to you all the time!!! I really cannot believe they are in business, they will certainly never get any repeat custom if they treat everyone like they have me!
Old 03 March 2006, 06:53 PM
GazJenno
Scooby Regular

Hope you get it sorted jules

NorthWales Meet:
1. GazJenno
2. Jules
3. poo2y
4. Mitch WRX
5. Jan&Chris (chrismaz5, SIDC) 2cars
6. Scooby12
Old 06 March 2006, 03:21 PM
GazJenno
Scooby Regular

any more?

whats everybody's thinking on going on a run? how many of you want to do the run as well as a meet?
Old 06 March 2006, 09:38 PM
julesp600
Scooby Regular

Hi Gaz

Still having trouble with my car. Not overly convinced I will have it back this week.

To be honest it really is like a joke and I would never have believed anyone could have this much hassle with a relatively straight forward job.

I have now reached the end of my tether and will seriously go mad with the next person I get on the phone regarding this!!!

I hope I can make it on Sunday in the other halves company car!

Jules
Old 07 March 2006, 08:09 AM
Mitch WRX
Scooby Regular

Hey Jules
Which garage you dealing with and what they doin...............
Mitch
Old 07 March 2006, 09:00 AM
S.P.Developments
Scooby Senior

Location: In the workshop or under some one elses car. PROJECT RA 09 IS GO.

Good to see things on the move up there, may be a South meets North in the middle for later on in the year could be sorted..

John
Old 07 March 2006, 08:00 PM
GazJenno
Scooby Regular

sounds like a plan John, well have to see how it goes up here on sunday, see what numbers we get.

should be good though.
Gaz
Old 07 March 2006, 08:04 PM
julesp600
Scooby Regular

The garage themselves aren't the problem...well, I don't think it is them, it certainly doesn't seem to be!

The suppliers are Nippon Spares and they have caused me nothing but grief!!!

Has anyone had the misfortune of dealing with Nippon Spares ? ....as far as I am concerned this bunch of cowboys are a disgrace to the world of business

I have written to them on two occasions and received no reply to my letters.
I ordered a gearbox on 9th February which they took the order for and then took the money £195 (more than I was quoted) and then the gearbox didn’t actually arrive at the garage until 4.30pm on 22nd February after they said it would take two days - even though their automated message says overnight delivery. After this gearbox was fitted it was proven to be very obviously faulty and needed a replacement. We rang on Friday 24th February to arrange a return and refund for this. After informing that they had a gearbox sitting there and this would be sent out first thing on Monday for delivery on Tuesday 28th February, it failed to arrive. I have telephoned them on several occasions last week and been given a different story every time. On Thursday 2nd March I was informed by someone that the gearbox was out for delivery and he couldn’t believe we hadn’t received it. I was then informed that I would have a call back before 5pm with a definite on where the gearbox was and when it would be delivered. It was no surprise that I didn’t receive this call. I telephoned again at 5.45pm and spoke to someone else who informed me that the gearbox was only sent out for delivery on Wednesday and wouldn’t be there until Saturday. Unsurprisingly it didn't arrive. This bad service has now cost me £180 plus in taxis when really it should have cost me about £24.
The replacement gearbox arrived yesterday and it was the wrong type, not even for the same model car. On top of this it had been very obviously damaged and was in no fit state for use even in the right type of car!
Today the garage managed to get through to them after they wouldn't reply any calls yesterday and the bloke there said that he had sent out another gearbox yesterday which would be delivered on Wednesday and the courier would collect the other two on Thursday?!?!!?! This doesn't really make much sense, wouldn't it be better to collect and deliver at the same time? I honestly don't think that they have sent out a replacement and will believe it when I see it!

I have had enough of all of this and wish I could just start again and get it from somewhere else! I asked about cancelling the order and they just kept saying that a replacement had been sent.........this doesn't really give me a lot of options as they won't refund anything until everything is returned but if a mysterious gearbox is on it's way how can I return it?! I have had it!

I am also going to start a new thread in the general discussion bit for this and see what anyone else has to say about them!

Jules
Old 07 March 2006, 09:14 PM
WRXshaneWRX
Scooby Regular

hiya, im new to the site so HELLO to you all.
Im on a trackday at Anglesea on Sunday or I would have liked to pop along to the meet, but I will try and get to the next one.

Jules it sounds like a right nightmare mate, I have recently had a problem very similar, the law is that they MUST give you a refund under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended).
If things get worse, write to them giving them 14 days to return your payment in the same mannor as it was paid, i.e. credit card, cash ect.
you need to send it recorded delivery and keep evidence of it being posted.
If you dont recieve payment within that time you should contact trading standards in your county, denbighshire, flintshire, wrexham whatever and they will then write to the company and try to sort it out for you.

good luck with it mate, i know what a ***** things like this can be
Old 08 March 2006, 07:14 PM
julesp600
Scooby Regular

Sorry you can't make it Shane. Hopefully next time!

I will be there but it is almost impossible to imagine I will be in my own car. I am so angry and upset but there is nothing more I can do!!!

I will be there in an ADT astra estate Just a little different but still a fairly servicable car
Old 11 March 2006, 01:30 PM
WRXshaneWRX
Scooby Regular

i might pop along now as my car is not going to be ready for tomorows track day
just hope that mr DHL driver reads this and hurrys up with me parts

anyway I hope your all prepaired for 1001 questions if i can make it
Old 11 March 2006, 04:06 PM
julesp600
Scooby Regular

Hope you do make it! The more the merrier really isn't it?

I am just gutted that I won't be in my car. I so want it back!!!

Hope everyone else is good at answering questions as I am sure I won't know!
Old 11 March 2006, 05:43 PM
GazJenno
Scooby Regular

well if we cant find answers we can always go and raid the subaru show room thats on the other side of the round about

weathers suppose to be a bit dodgey tmoz, infact were meant to have blizzards tonight and rain tmoz
Old 12 March 2006, 08:26 AM
julesp600
Scooby Regular

I don't suppose that we are meeting today?

I have just looked out of the window and the snow looks very thick!

Shall we change the date? How about 2nd April?

We can start a new thread if everyone agrees.....

Last edited by julesp600; 12 March 2006 at 08:45 AM.
Old 12 March 2006, 09:23 AM
poo2y
Scooby Regular

Jules ,that sounds like a plan to me .We don' get gritters up here and the hill looks a tad too slippy too risk at the mo .
Old 12 March 2006, 09:29 AM
Mitch WRX
Scooby Regular

Re the meet today
is it still on???????? it is raining here near macs,that'll wash most of it away horrid stuff.
LMAO DONT EXPECT subaru to know much do you LMAO LOL LOL LOL ..........my dealings with them were crap!!............
Anyway guys we drive 4 WHEEL CARS,whats a bit of snow,oops better keep the mouth closed
Mitch
Old 12 March 2006, 09:31 AM
Mitch WRX
Scooby Regular

GAZ
You able to get down from Llansannan ?
Mitch
Old 12 March 2006, 09:34 AM
Mitch WRX
Scooby Regular

JULES
Re your gearbox/garage dealings,if you paid by credit card then your credit card company are liable too,you can get in touch with them and tell them them you are going to sue them (you dont have to,just threaten it) they should then get onto the garage and they threaten them to take away that cards privilage from that garage,that will hurt their business ,im in the process of doing it now......................
Mitch
Old 12 March 2006, 09:59 AM
poo2y
Scooby Regular

Deffo not going to make it down too slippy under foot never mind fat tyres!!!!!Hope we can organise another meet , was looking forward to putting faces to names , let me know how it goes hope to meet up one day ,Nigel.
Old 12 March 2006, 10:43 AM
WRXshaneWRX
Scooby Regular

Grand Prix is on....I take a drive up there after this to see if anyone is still around
Old 12 March 2006, 11:43 AM
julesp600
Scooby Regular

We can't get out here...there is no way the astra would be any good in this stuff! It is still drifting around too much.

Grand Prix and then some wallpaper stripping today methinks....not too much fun but stuff that needs doing. I will definitely be there on 2nd April though if everyone is up for that.

I didn't pay by credit card I am afraid, it was a debit card. I have been onto my bank though and can fill in some forms to contest the payment and stuff.

I have reported them to Consumer Direct who have in turn passed it on to Trading Standard who will be in touch in a couple of days. They agree that I have done all I can so far so we shall have to see what happens now.

Hope everyone is warm and safe anyway!

Jules
Old 12 March 2006, 12:15 PM
GazJenno
Scooby Regular

Yea snow was bad here too, and still is i probably could have made it at a struggle but i wasnt sure if it would still be snowing then i wouldnt of been able to get back in.

i was also thinking, using the maccy's car park is a bit dodgy, its very small and the pet place have a sign up saying customer parking only so maybe Tesco car park would be a better choice? thats massive, obviously its not as easy to get to if your coming from the *** but most people who wanted to come were local to abergele anyway, what ya reckon?
Old 12 March 2006, 01:21 PM
julesp600
Scooby Regular

Tesco's sounds ok to me!

Jules

Quick Reply: North Wales Meet, Sunday 12th March