The dark side is strong with this one

Search this Thread

Old 30 October 2006, 08:35 AM
SW Sport Pilot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The dark side is strong with this one

Morning all

After a weekend of a mate desperately trying to find a new car that could compare with his recently sold 400BHP Rover 600 (Amazing in a straight line and the Custom built american coil over suspension system could almost make it go round corners ) He settled on a Immaculate 1999 Evo 6 thats recently been imported. And BLEEDIN HELL it doesnt half shift and its handling is sublime really couldnt get over it at all. bad part was i kerbed another damned alloy parking up to see it, refurb anyone after the winter

if no one minds he said he may come to a few meetings, dont worry tho im staying with the scoobs, though the Twin Turbo MKIV Supra's we saw on the weekend were very tempting best save the penny's and buy shares with ESSO

Cheers

Ian
Old 30 October 2006, 09:02 AM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Yeah bring it along, I've always had a soft spot for Evo 6's and the tommie Mak's

If it's white though I might have to get someone to distract him so I can take it for a test drive!!!
Old 30 October 2006, 03:19 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bring him along
Old 30 October 2006, 05:04 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

If he spends as much on this as he did the Rover it'll be up on about 700bhp before to long. When i spoke to him last he wanted something RWD. EVO 6's are the best looking EVO's IMO. What colour is it?
Old 30 October 2006, 06:48 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds interesting Ian
Old 30 October 2006, 08:58 PM
tay05
Scooby Regular

Be nice to see, i love the EVO 6's best lookin EVO by far
Old 31 October 2006, 12:56 PM
SW Sport Pilot
Scooby Regular

Tommie mak's were on the list of cars to look for but the tremendous prices they still hold put it out of contension, the original one he almost bought was the icicle blue, its very deep much like the DB mica's on ours, looks blue in one light and purple in another, very rare colour and very sought after. Unfortunately there was very little paperwork with the car and since no history is a prob with the six's he decided not to go through, we are going to look at a silver six tonight that has had one owner in the uk and he happens to work for mitsubishi so we know it has been cared for. seems almost too good to be true, will post pic's if he has it.

cheers

Ian

Trending Topics

Old 06 November 2006, 01:27 PM
SW Sport Pilot
Scooby Regular

Well guys to cheer me up for missing Cyfatha castle, My mate let me pick up the Evo 6 for him so i got to drive it even before he did. and all ive got to say is WOW . They are one hell of a car, so much grunt its unbelieveable and the handling was amazing, put a smile on my face, so its gotta beg the question, do i save the pennies for a bug eye sti or an evo 6. i reckon the STi will still pip it to the post as its bound to have a few more creature comforts than the Evo does.

Cheers

Ian
Old 06 November 2006, 06:27 PM
Russ71
Scooby Regular

STI Ian, dont go to the dark side go into the light Ian, it's got to be a (bug eye) Sti you know its the right move. OOOH suits you sir suits you very nice sir.
Old 06 November 2006, 06:30 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 06 November 2006, 08:31 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SW Sport Pilot
Tommie mak's were on the list of cars to look for but the tremendous prices they still hold put it out of contension, the original one he almost bought was the icicle blue, its very deep much like the DB mica's on ours, looks blue in one light and purple in another, very rare colour and very sought after. Unfortunately there was very little paperwork with the car and since no history is a prob with the six's he decided not to go through, we are going to look at a silver six tonight that has had one owner in the uk and he happens to work for mitsubishi so we know it has been cared for. seems almost too good to be true, will post pic's if he has it.

cheers

Ian
that blue your talking about is was the colour i was going to get once apon a time
Old 07 November 2006, 09:07 AM
SW Sport Pilot
Scooby Regular

Thats the colour he settled on after seeing so many white and silver ones around pippy, it is a beautiful colour for the car. It seems its in two versions, the original blue which is just a deep metallic he told me is called canal Blue but the one he has turns from blue to purple to black depending on the light is called icelle blue, quite a rare standard colour all told

Depending what happens we're bringing it to the next monthly meet