Notices

My appologies to the SWS

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2007, 07:14 PM
SW Sport Pilot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My appologies to the SWS

i was just reading the evo thread and its totally understandable concerning its removal

When Huw came to the Meet in his Evo he was suprised in the good natured atmosphere that the scoob boys were cultivating and how everyone enjoyed the meet, he mentioned this to the other boys in the MLR and genuinely reflected that this wasnt a meet for waving bits of paper on who's got the biggest turbocharger. He has also expressed the good relations ship that we have with the toby and the lack of attention from the local constabulary and messing about in any way will be unacceptable.

When i was asked by the evo boys if they could enquire about attending the odd meet and refered them to kev i did it in the idea that much the same way that the Star inN may have the odd jap car meet that maybe we could do the same

I feel that i should appologise Kev, Si and all other members if this has caused more trouble than it is worth and i meant this no way maliciously or to cause problems, if this has been the case i will gladly stop using SN and take the SWS badge out the car, im not throwing toys out of the pram id just dont want to be somewhere where i may have caused tension in the past

Again my appologies

Ian
Old 12 February 2007, 07:21 PM
Russ71
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SW Sport Pilot
i was just reading the evo thread and its totally understandable concerning its removal

When Huw came to the Meet in his Evo he was suprised in the good natured atmosphere that the scoob boys were cultivating and how everyone enjoyed the meet, he mentioned this to the other boys in the MLR and genuinely reflected that this wasnt a meet for waving bits of paper on who's got the biggest turbocharger. He has also expressed the good relations ship that we have with the toby and the lack of attention from the local constabulary and messing about in any way will be unacceptable.

When i was asked by the evo boys if they could enquire about attending the odd meet and refered them to kev i did it in the idea that much the same way that the Star inN may have the odd jap car meet that maybe we could do the same

I feel that i should appologise Kev, Si and all other members if this has caused more trouble than it is worth and i meant this no way maliciously or to cause problems, if this has been the case i will gladly stop using SN and take the SWS badge out the car, im not throwing toys out of the pram id just dont want to be somewhere where i may have caused tension in the past

Again my appologies

Ian
Ian mate, this thread was started as a laugh, it was all good humoured then some **** turned it into something it wasnt, Im a 35 year old man for gods sake, not 17year old in a saxo (appologies to all saxo owners). I have sent a message to the mods to have the thread deleted as it gotten way to out of hand. I have nothing against Evo drivers, saxo drivers or any drivers as a matter of fact Im far too old for that stuff, Im really looking forward to the meet, it will be nice to see these cars and their owners.

I started the thread just to bring attention that others want to join the our meets, so if anybody should back out of the SWS it should be me mate.

It amazing how a laugh can do so much damage.

Sorry all

Russ

Last edited by Russ71; 12 February 2007 at 07:24 PM.
Old 12 February 2007, 07:27 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

No need for this Ian, You don't need to appologies. I think a little harmless fun has got a little out of hand.

I'd love to see some Evos start coming on a regular basis, joining in on runs and shows. I'd love to see some Skylines and supras come along. We might have to change the name thought to south wales Jap performance though!!!!!

We are all very friendly and I for one won't put up with snobbery!!

At the end of the day Evos and Scoobs are very close in design and have similar performance. I love um both and I'm seriously thinking of an Evo8 next.

So just to confirm:

EVOS ARE WELCOME AND ALWAYS WILL BE!!!!!!!
Old 12 February 2007, 07:28 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No need to appologise Ian, your not the problem
So no rushing outside with a hair drier to remove the decals
Thread is where it belongs now.... in the bin
The Evo's are welcome as your mate has found out
I've been in touch with some of the MLR guys told them they are welcome as long as everyone behaves.
And that goes for everyone

The End.
Old 12 February 2007, 07:36 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DannyBoy007
I'm seriously thinking of an Evo8 next.
You have been halfway there eversince the front mount and the number plate relocation
Old 12 February 2007, 07:39 PM
matscooby
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by kjdmk1
So no rushing outside with a hair drier to remove the decals

[SIZE=4]SIZE]
Sorry to go of the subject, but Kev you've just reminded me on how to remove my decals of the pug. Cheers Mate.
Old 12 February 2007, 07:40 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by matscooby
Sorry to go of the subject, but Kev you've just reminded me on how to remove my decals of the pug. Cheers Mate.
Thats a pint you owe me
Old 12 February 2007, 08:14 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

What have I missed!?
Old 12 February 2007, 08:18 PM
tay05
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by simb 2
What have I missed!?
I was thinking the same too
Old 12 February 2007, 08:23 PM
WRX RCY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by simb 2
What have I missed!?
What's your excuse this time, you've got broadband know . Or is the misses more demanding that you thought

Chris
Old 12 February 2007, 08:29 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me at least sell all the stickers before we change the name of the club
Old 12 February 2007, 08:29 PM
Russ71
Scooby Regular

I started a thread that I found on the SIDC website about the Evo lads n lass's wanting to join our meets at the toby, a little light hearted banter turned into something very ugly, some nutter bringing his scooby killers over to distrupt our evening, I asked the mods to delete the thread as did Si (SSS), it got completely blown out of proportion, Ian's feeling like crap over it, I feel a little bit worse cause I started the thread.

I took some troll to be a plonker and it all went very sour from there, but its completely gone now not forgotten by me, and I'll apologise once again.

Sorry all

Russ
Old 12 February 2007, 08:37 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Russ think on it as a learning curve one never know's who reads these pages and there are an awfull lot of different sences of humour on here as well.... it's very easy to type something that reads different to what was intended. You will notice I am probably the only person to have a once a month caption competition based soley on myself because these suppossed mates of mine on here think it does not hurt me they know I don't mind but there are others that would be offended by it ( just an example on how we all need to tread carefully) Bring it on It hurts to see how little hair I really have these days

Ian as said nothing to apoligies for

Danny stop talking and buy one for the weekend and keep the scoob for the plasterboard and cement movements
Old 12 February 2007, 08:42 PM
RIGPIG
Scooby Regular

Have WE ALL Learnt from this............?

Good

Lets move on.......

( Now where in photobucket is that picture of SSS...
Old 12 February 2007, 08:47 PM
Russ71
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Silver Scooby Sport
Russ think on it as a learning curve one never know's who reads these pages and there are an awfull lot of different sences of humour on here as well.... it's very easy to type something that reads different to what was intended. You will notice I am probably the only person to have a once a month caption competition based soley on myself because these suppossed mates of mine on here think it does not hurt me they know I don't mind but there are others that would be offended by it ( just an example on how we all need to tread carefully) Bring it on It hurts to see how little hair I really have these days

Ian as said nothing to apoligies for

Danny stop talking and buy one for the weekend and keep the scoob for the plasterboard and cement movements
Cheers Si, it feels awful though and I was going to have a laugh with Huw, the kids were going to bring their light sabres (no messing by any of the cars), because he always refers to the fact he went to the dark side which we always have a good laugh about, I wont be starting any thread anytime soon I can tell you. (Thats the embarrassed smilie not singing one)
Old 12 February 2007, 08:58 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

I'll be hitting Huw with the light sabre if what I'm hearing he made on the rollers is true
Old 12 February 2007, 09:02 PM
SW Sport Pilot
Scooby Regular

Its true mate as much as westecs rollers are accurate

380Bhp with a conservative map and 3/4 boost due to maxing out the injectors and lack of arp rod bolts

next set of mods have been ordered

ian
Old 12 February 2007, 09:08 PM
big daz2
Scooby Senior

everyones welcome but newbees buy the first pint.and now ive got rid of my scoob what can i come to the meets in just to wind you up,thinking of a ford cossie thats faster than a scoob anyday. joking aside sss is right what is writen doesnt always reflect how we feel and can be misrepresented(spelling).lets get over it and have a big hug after all the meet is the day after vallentines day.
Old 12 February 2007, 09:11 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by big daz2
thinking of a ford cossie thats faster than a scoob anyday
I know of a 440+bhp RWD Saph Cossie coming up for sale soon
Just waiting for a full re-spray.
Old 12 February 2007, 09:16 PM
big daz2
Scooby Senior

how much ill have it.
Old 12 February 2007, 09:18 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

how much ill have it.
you have PM
Old 12 February 2007, 09:42 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

well us evo lads are well up for a performance car chat..so see you guys there..dont worry about anyone else, if they want to come then let them as long as they dont tar the rest of us who cares..
Old 12 February 2007, 10:06 PM
Russ71
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by scrappydoo
well us evo lads are well up for a performance car chat..so see you guys there..dont worry about anyone else, if they want to come then let them as long as they dont tar the rest of us who cares..

Looking forward to meeting you all
Old 12 February 2007, 10:34 PM
Gazz300
Scooby Regular

everyones welcome but newbees buy the first pint.and now ive got rid of my scoob what can i come to the meets in just to wind you up,thinking of a ford cossie thats faster than a scoob anyday. joking aside sss is right what is writen doesnt always reflect how we feel and can be misrepresented(spelling).lets get over it and have a big hug after all the meet is the day after vallentines day.
Chuff me it was all good banter until this evening. We even managed to rattle CC's cage who has I believe never even been to a meet. Maybe one...

Someone PM what happened and any talk of anyone not coming to anymore meets over this is ludicrous.
Old 12 February 2007, 10:37 PM
Crazy Chick
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gazz300
Chuff me it was all good banter until this evening. We even managed to rattle CC's cage who has I believe never even been to a meet. Maybe one...

Someone PM what happened and any talk of anyone not coming to anymore meets over this is ludicrous.
Old 12 February 2007, 11:47 PM
sammyh
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by scrappydoo

Jonno you git! how's it going?
Old 13 February 2007, 01:13 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

sammy me old china, things are going well thanks, its been a while matey..you best be coming along to this little gathering so we can catch up? you still got the type25?
Old 13 February 2007, 07:21 AM
Crazy Chick
Scooby Regular

Sammy go to a meet? He's probably been to less than I have.
Old 13 February 2007, 08:41 AM
rob79
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Silver Scooby Sport;6651531]Let me at least sell all the stickers before we change the name of the club [/QUOTE

i need one, in white (the bigger size), the snow took it off my window,
see you thursday
Old 13 February 2007, 10:56 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

crazy chick
He used to go to every one we had, (the little keebab muncher) lol

Sammy, get ya backside there..

Quick Reply: My appologies to the SWS