local cops

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2008, 11:49 AM
wrx21
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default local cops

Hi all

Was reading an earlier thread about poor policing and i thought i would share my "run-in" with the police. Now im only 21 and already i have been stopped about 10 times in various vehicles but the last one was a joke.

It was 8pm and it was chucking it down and blowing a gale. i popped out to grab a DVD, parked up next to the DVD shop and in front parked up was a lorry so i had to park with 1/2 a yard of my back end over a white zig zag line near a pedestrian crossing.

1min later as im paying 2 PC plods were standing in front of my car with a further 2 in their car chatting. i came out and 1 of them had the ticket book out. i expained that i had to park there because of a lorry. The officer said tough, the back end of my car is contravening the highway code and therefore i will receive a fixed notice of £60 and 3 points!

Needless to say i wasnt very happy........after 5mins of arguing and me protesting to no avail he gave me my ticket......i then explained to PC plod that i wasnt driving a Subaru Impriza WRC and he should learn the correct spelling before issuing tickets!

Whilst this is going on the "boy racers" in the 1.2 corsas, saxos, clios with the 4.5" exhausts are racing up and down the street. i said why aren't you dealing with those idiots and the response was....."your in the wrong at this moment and don't tell me how to do my job"!!!

The cops wonder why they dont have much respect or confidence in them.......... appalling!
Old 08 January 2008, 01:35 PM
Daz187
Scooby Regular

They can be a bit of a nightmare sometimes.

I got pulled over in Brackla when i first bought my P1. I asked why they pulled me and response was "cause your not from this area" lol i live about 4 miles away in Brynna.

I think sometimes it's a good thing, cause if your car was nicked then you would be glad they got your car back.

But agreed your story does sound like they have been a bit picky
Old 08 January 2008, 02:51 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Manners maketh the man.
Old 08 January 2008, 03:02 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

*******, Coppers are up there with BMW drivers!!! and some of you already know what I think about them!!!!!

Last edited by DannyBoy007; 08 January 2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09 January 2008, 08:24 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Some can be jobsworths but as Daz says, a lot will pull someone in a new car if its something quite nickable they havent seen in the area before just to check out who the driver is so they can keep an eye out when they are patrolling.

I had this in Cardiff on most of my bikes shortly after getting them, in particular the Ducati ( lots of police seem to be bikers as well, so just stopped me to have a look at it ) and also in the Impreza. I for one would be quite happy if some ****** stole my car or bike, and the police stopped them as they didnt recognise me as the driver !

Parking with any part of your car on a pedestrian crossing is a bookable offence, so you cant argue you were in the right. It may just have been the copper saw a young bloke in a nice car and was jealous so decided to do you rather than give a warning.
Old 09 January 2008, 08:52 PM
Richy B
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wrx21
Hi all

Was reading an earlier thread about poor policing and i thought i would share my "run-in" with the police. Now im only 21 and already i have been stopped about 10 times in various vehicles but the last one was a joke.

It was 8pm and it was chucking it down and blowing a gale. i popped out to grab a DVD, parked up next to the DVD shop and in front parked up was a lorry so i had to park with 1/2 a yard of my back end over a white zig zag line near a pedestrian crossing.

1min later as im paying 2 PC plods were standing in front of my car with a further 2 in their car chatting. i came out and 1 of them had the ticket book out. i expained that i had to park there because of a lorry. The officer said tough, the back end of my car is contravening the highway code and therefore i will receive a fixed notice of £60 and 3 points!

Needless to say i wasnt very happy........after 5mins of arguing and me protesting to no avail he gave me my ticket......i then explained to PC plod that i wasnt driving a Subaru Impriza WRC and he should learn the correct spelling before issuing tickets!

Whilst this is going on the "boy racers" in the 1.2 corsas, saxos, clios with the 4.5" exhausts are racing up and down the street. i said why aren't you dealing with those idiots and the response was....."your in the wrong at this moment and don't tell me how to do my job"!!!

The cops wonder why they dont have much respect or confidence in them.......... appalling!
I got done on exactly the same thing when I was on a gas emergency callout in Shrewsbury town center!!!

I parked outside the place and my rear wheel was no more than 3 inches on the zigzag lines, because a car had parked crap and was over hanging the 2nd space. When I came back to the van, the car had gone which made me look like I was crap at parking and had parked on the zigzag on purpose!!! A copper was there writing a ticket, I pleaded that I was on a gas emergency breakdown and the car had parked crap but he still gave me the ticket saying "we have cctv in this area, if i am seen to be letting you off this offence i will have to let everyone else off"...

I hate the one rule for the half tidy part of the population and the chavs/boy racers can rip up my housing estate and get away with it... very sad indeed!!!
Old 10 January 2008, 08:07 AM
satancom
Scooby Regular

Ok, its a bit annoying, but you were breaking the law, so they were only doing their job. You could have gone round the block util the truck went or parked somewhere else.

Woulda saved you a couple of quid in the long run!

I don't pretend to be an angel and do park in some daft places when need be, but If I get a ticket then fine, its my fault not the chap doing his job!
Old 11 January 2008, 02:42 PM
wakeboardar
Scooby Regular

Default cops

good luck to you mate welsh cops are some of the most nasty gits ever
Old 11 January 2008, 03:01 PM
WR1JLD
Scooby Regular

I spotted an unmarked police car today on Risca By-pass,

Silver BMW reg No. NC07 OFK. Beware