Classic STI RA

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2009, 11:29 AM
Dino1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic STI RA

Hi all,

I am a current Honda owner and really am into my track days.

Now I am about to return my car to standard and sell on most of my bits to clear a few debts, plus there is some uncertainty about my job at the moment, so need to cover all bases.

However, hopefully in 6 months or so, I will be able to get myself into another car. I have been with Hondas since 2001 and think it is time for a change.

Now my priority for a new car has to be something that I can use daily as well as use for regular track days.

The car that seems to suit my criteria would be an STI RA.

The car will be getting stripped to its bare knackers and fitted with a Bucket seat.

I have a budget of £5-6.5k for a car, but if I can get a decent motor for less money then I will have more to spend on mods.

Is there any other base (other variant) classic scooby I should consider?

Obviously weight (or lack of) is my main criteria with a good close ratio box.

My first mods would deffinately be a baffled sump, Coilovers, ARB's and bracing.

Can anyone else give me any pointers or other options and why I should go for something else?

The RA's i hve seen range from the STI 3-6, is there any benefit (besides looks) I should consider over the diffreent variants?

I will be at the Wales meet tonight, so would love to have a look around a classic RA if anyone has one? or a passenger ride

Last edited by Dino1; 21 January 2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old 21 January 2009, 11:35 AM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An RA sounds perfect and has the cr box along with a lighter body as standard. With your buget you should be able to pick up a nice one
Old 22 January 2009, 09:06 PM
matscooby
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dino mate, your doing what I'm currently doing.

If your not getting one for acouple of months, I should have mine on the road by then to which you can have a nose over if you want.