POWERFLOW EXHAUST

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2009, 01:16 PM
lesdogg
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POWERFLOW EXHAUST

Hi guys,
This weekend I popped into Welsh Coast Customs in Newport to price an exhaust. They can do a full system for a reasonalbe price. I was wondering if anyone has ever used Welsh Coast or had a powerflow.
Alos, and please excuse my ignorance but do I need to have the car remapped if I have an new exhaust?

Thanks.
Old 28 January 2009, 04:31 PM
cornflakes5210
Scooby Regular

i have a powerflow i love it nice and loud just how i like it.
i bought the car with it and dont think its been mapped from the reciepts ive looked at.
Old 28 January 2009, 04:43 PM
scoobynewbie72
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cornflakes5210
i have a powerflow i love it nice and loud just how i like it.
i bought the car with it and dont think its been mapped from the reciepts ive looked at.
Same here, mine came with the car, I have the receipt but wasnt fitted by me,
I never used to like powerflow on other cars but really like it on the scoob,
I have no boxes in the centre section but dont find it too loud.
hth
Brett
Old 28 January 2009, 08:32 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have a look at Prospeed in Cardiff a few people have had custom made exhausts and are very pleased with the result.
A remap will depend on just how much of the exhaust you change. If its a cat back should be ok.
Old 28 January 2009, 10:21 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KJD Mk1
Have a look at Prospeed in Cardiff a few people have had custom made exhausts and are very pleased with the result.
A remap will depend on just how much of the exhaust you change. If its a cat back should be ok.
I fully agree I had a Prospeed exhaust fitted to my car, it was custom made on the day to my specifiation, Charlie the owner is a top bloke and can do no wrong in my eyes and many others as well.

Why buy an off the shelf system when you can have a hand built, stainless steel system with a 20 year warranty? I would never buy another exhaust from anywhere else, plus you can go for quiet, intermediate or LOUD noise exhaust if you want.

Why go anywhere else?
Old 29 January 2009, 02:20 PM
lesdogg
Scooby Newbie

Thanks guys. I'll be in Prospeed first thing Saturday morning.
Old 29 January 2009, 06:04 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
I fully agree I had a Prospeed exhaust fitted to my car, it was custom made on the day to my specifiation, Charlie the owner is a top bloke and can do no wrong in my eyes and many others as well.

Why buy an off the shelf system when you can have a hand built, stainless steel system with a 20 year warranty? I would never buy another exhaust from anywhere else, plus you can go for quiet, intermediate or LOUD noise exhaust if you want.

Why go anywhere else?
I disagree with you there. I can think of a few reason why I'd buy elsewhere.

Quality of welds. I've had a few exhaust over the years on my car and the welds on the Jap stuff are a work of art. The welds don't rust, I've seen plenty of back box's where the mass of weld has rusted. Magnex for one springs to mind!!! I also seen plenty of so called stainless system that have discoloured. There are different grades of stainless which is graded on what level of nickel they contain. I've yet to see a Jap exhaust discolour or rust.

I think you'll find the jap stuff is also lighter.

No disrespect to Prospeed but i'd rather have a decent Jap one: HKS, Blitz, 5Zigen, Kakimoto, Fujitsubo, Apexi etc
Old 29 January 2009, 06:28 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DannyBoy007
I disagree with you there. I can think of a few reason why I'd buy elsewhere.

Quality of welds. I've had a few exhaust over the years on my car and the welds on the Jap stuff are a work of art. The welds don't rust, I've seen plenty of back box's where the mass of weld has rusted. Magnex for one springs to mind!!! I also seen plenty of so called stainless system that have discoloured. There are different grades of stainless which is graded on what level of nickel they contain. I've yet to see a Jap exhaust discolour or rust.

I think you'll find the jap stuff is also lighter.

No disrespect to Prospeed but i'd rather have a decent Jap one: HKS, Blitz, 5Zigen, Kakimoto, Fujitsubo, Apexi etc
I do not disagree with you about Magnex exhausts being rubbish this probably contributed towards their downfall, but when I was looking at replacing my exhaust system I spoke to quite a lot of people all with different makes of car and they all had nothing but praise for Prospeed.

All their exhuasts are built using I believe T304 & T316 stainless steel and they are guaranteed never to rust within the life of the car as they have a 20 year guarantee, when I saw the exhaust during construction the welding was neat and not a mass of blobs to be seen, and even though I have not been inspected under the car yet I have not noticed any rusting or discolouration on the exhaust.

All their exhausts are made on the day so you can specify what you want as I did with mine, this being a 100 cell sports cat and an open neck free flowing downpipe to be ready for any future powerupgrades.

We all have our own favourites and mine is Prospeed and yours is different, I know the above seems like an advertisement for Prospeed but they are really helpfull and nothing is too much trouble, plus if I do get any future problems they are not too far away either.
Old 29 January 2009, 06:30 PM
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 135 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder

Why go anywhere else?

what sort of price for a prospeed system?
Old 29 January 2009, 06:37 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dave Y
what sort of price for a prospeed system?
If you go for a system similar to mine with a 100 cell sports cat, open neck downpipe and your own choice of silencer from their range around about £800ish, if you go to their website at

Pro Speed Exhausts Copyright © 2003-2008

You can get their phone number and speak to Charlie or request a quote via e-mail, but I would give them a call and speak to them about what you want and they can then advise you more accurately.

Last edited by Cannon Fodder; 29 January 2009 at 06:38 PM.