Notices

Best place to get my gauges and centre pod fitted in swansea area and how much???????

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2009, 11:04 PM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best place to get my gauges and centre pod fitted in swansea area and how much???????

As above best place in swansea area to get these fitted and roughly how much?
Old 20 April 2009, 11:19 PM
Rally fan 555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give Dave Coe Engineering a bell, lotsa peeps on here use him, based in Gorsienon. Not cheap but knows his stuff
Old 21 April 2009, 12:03 AM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

Im sure someone on here would be able to give you a hand. What do you want fitted?
Old 21 April 2009, 12:07 AM
top_fuel
Scooby Regular

gauges and centre pod
Old 21 April 2009, 01:56 AM
jeffers999
Scooby Regular

if your stuck next week mate id offer a hand im off work all week i think, jeff.
Old 21 April 2009, 12:03 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by top_fuel
gauges and centre pod
I meant what gauges. Oil pressure,oil temp,boost?
Old 21 April 2009, 09:15 PM
redwards
Scooby Regular

Same question here. What gauges are they and what are they going in?
Old 21 April 2009, 09:29 PM
Rally fan 555
Scooby Regular

Sorry to butt in here guys - but have a Stepper gauge query, I'm OK so far on plumbing the thing in, wire in from bulkead, T off etc, but where do I connect the wires to inside the car (not got multimeter) some have said the clock or cig lighter but thers 4 wires on the stepper motor "loom"..it's going on a single pillar pod, new age 02......
Old 21 April 2009, 10:04 PM
redwards
Scooby Regular

Without looking at the instruction god knows!!

On a side note I think I see you car on the M4 travelling West most mornings.
Old 21 April 2009, 10:09 PM
notfub
Scooby Regular

As my dash is out and the wires exposed, feel free to pop down and take a look Simon. As the intercooler is off, the plumbing is also in view for all to see. I'm out tomorrow night but Thursday would be fine (any time after 6:30pm)

I used the power feed & ignition feed from the stereo loom to provide similar feeds to the stepper gauges.

@Gonzo
If your running a facelift classic I'd be happy to help you fit them but I've got to sort my heater matrix / steering column refit out first so may be in a week or to. Offer is there
Old 21 April 2009, 10:35 PM
Rally fan 555
Scooby Regular

Thanks Dean, I'm OK with the T off and the sender unit, it's the wiring inside I'm trying to sort, I assume you fitted them on the dash, centrally ?. The pod I have for the pillar is OK but the "Mini Loom" for the gauge is only about 12 inches long, so it will probaby need an extension - I think it would be hard pressed to reach the back of the ignition switch itself, which I had considered or even behind the instuments. You look like you have your arms full there, if you need another pair, let me know - the last dash I had to remove was on a Renault 5 GTturbo - years ago !! so I know theres lots to manouvre !!
Old 21 April 2009, 10:43 PM
Rally fan 555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rsedwards
Without looking at the instruction god knows!!

On a side note I think I see you car on the M4 travelling West most mornings.
Flippin instructions may as well be in Japanese - Sorry I'm half asleep here, did you mean you see me on the M4 ?? I havn't been down that road for a while now, as I have been off work with foot problem going back soon though so will be back and fore Swansea then.
Old 21 April 2009, 10:47 PM
MalFunction
Scooby Newbie

Have a word with Dave Coe, he does know his stuff. You may need to buy some extra piping for the oil gauge, lot of heat down there, Dave will advise. I bought mine from Deamon Tweeks. He needs to see what you want. Saving now to have them fitted.
As a matter of interest I bought what was suposed to be a Delfi Pod, it arrived damaged, long story. I have an 03 STI and want to mount on the centre of the dash, is yours the same model if so where did you get your POD.
Old 21 April 2009, 11:13 PM
Rally fan 555
Scooby Regular

Yeah Daves brill, been there a couple of weeks ago for some work, it's a WRX 2002, prob same dash as yours really, it's only a Boost gauge I have to fit, for an A pillar Pod (single)......got from ebay, I havn't seen any moulded top mount pods like the three gauge ones you can get - only the standard, stand alone pods for single gauges did you mean those ? have a little trawl on ebay to see whats about, if you fancy an A pillar one I can give you the details of the seller, cost me 24 posted.....
Old 22 April 2009, 08:30 AM
notfub
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rally fan 555
Thanks Dean, I'm OK with the T off and the sender unit, it's the wiring inside I'm trying to sort, I assume you fitted them on the dash, centrally ?. The pod I have for the pillar is OK but the "Mini Loom" for the gauge is only about 12 inches long, so it will probaby need an extension - I think it would be hard pressed to reach the back of the ignition switch itself, which I had considered or even behind the instuments. You look like you have your arms full there, if you need another pair, let me know - the last dash I had to remove was on a Renault 5 GTturbo - years ago !! so I know theres lots to manouvre !!
Simon, your right, I have a triple pod mounted centrally I had to extend the original gauge power feed wiring to make sure the cable length was adequate.

2nd hand matrix from Grade A went in last night, just got to put the dash back now, easy eh
Old 22 April 2009, 09:22 AM
Rally fan 555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by notfub
Simon, your right, I have a triple pod mounted centrally I had to extend the original gauge power feed wiring to make sure the cable length was adequate.

2nd hand matrix from Grade A went in last night, just got to put the dash back now, easy eh
They(Subaru) certainly havn't made the change of matrix easy ! but I guess it's the same for most cars, it looks very daunting but you'll soon be back to normal !!