Notices

please lads HELP lol

Search this Thread

Old 20 September 2009, 08:39 PM
busby330
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please lads HELP lol

Right turned up at the meet at the liberty today (didnt say boo to anyone, idiot i know)

anyway the main reason i went is because i am abit down hearted the guy meant to be spraying my car let me down and got a feeling he gonna do the same again. so as the door is a different color and the bonnet REALLY needs a respray i been getting a voice telling me to cut my loses and move on.

I sortta feel if i do i be giving a good base car away but as i am out of work cant afford to pay for a FULL respray at the moment.

so guys whats your opinions??? please try to talk sense into me, mrs thinks i be making a mistake
Old 20 September 2009, 08:47 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

If I was you I'd just give it some time after all you think it's a good car so why let someone else have it if you don't have to. Mine needs lot's of work doing on it still but it's something I plan on keeping for years and years and years so why rush it.....especially if like you and me your low on funds and redundant.
Its just my opinion but I'd stick with it and get it done properly when you can afford it in the future. Goodluck with the job hunt
Old 20 September 2009, 08:48 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

Stick with it mate. I know what it's like. You want everything done at the same time. Its just a case of wait for a bit and save up and get things done bit by bit. Ive had mine 3 years and only now its coming to shape.
Old 20 September 2009, 08:56 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

I agree with GMBallistic and Calvin, stick with it and once you are in a position to get the work carried out get it done then.

We Impreza owners on the whole are not snobbish (you may come across the ocassional one) and you will not be looked down upon, just keep plugging away at it.
Old 20 September 2009, 09:17 PM
busby330
Scooby Regular

thanks lads, i know deep down i dont wanna get rid, and that if i do i am gonna regret it. 8 years driving had 27 cars 3 vans 2 bikes, and never felt so indecisive lol
Old 20 September 2009, 09:17 PM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

Mate come and have a look of mine and yours will seem a whole lot better!

Remember rome wasnt built in a day keep the car mate and do it as a project bit by bit it dont have to be done all at once!

I only work 16 hours a week mate so I really can appreciate how u feel having to do things on a budget!
If ever I can help in any way mate just holla! Theres always someone who can help or something poping up cheap on here all the time so keep ur chin up!

Its seeing the car come from a bag of **** when u first get it to the finished article at the end that makes all the modding worth while!
If we all had the money to go and do it in one go it would be very boring very quick!

Dont worry mate percivere and look forward to modding and enjoying ur car ur not alone mate!
Old 22 September 2009, 03:06 PM
PETER R
Scooby Regular

whats the general condition of the car , obviously if theres a rust issue or scrapes everywhere then yes a paint job will be needed ,have you thought of a full detail ,

Trending Topics

Old 22 September 2009, 04:28 PM
busby330
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PETER R
whats the general condition of the car , obviously if theres a rust issue or scrapes everywhere then yes a paint job will be needed ,have you thought of a full detail ,
thanks for the reply mate. general condition of the car is:

Replaced rear passenger door, as one had a ugly dent in and it had been filled with what looked like no more nails, bonnet has stone chips that have started rusting a little bit (all surface), then general scratches.

BUT as an update

decided the cars staying, and i am just gonna bite the bullet and sort the car out, if i get rid i KNOW i will miss it.
Been up to a mates garage in Swansea to see about a few things on the Mrs **cough** CLIO ** cough ** . whilst there got talking about the scoob and he said his brother is a sprayer, phone call later, and the car goes in next week for a respray on the bonnet and door, plus a full mop to remove the scratches in the paint. The wheels are being done by my uncle in white as a temp measure til i decide on which ones to replace them with. Then the interior fun can start.
Thanks to all that replied, helped me make my mind up BIG time. Just gotta find a CHEAP sparky to fit my new alarm now then i be happy again.
Old 22 September 2009, 04:35 PM
PETER R
Scooby Regular

ok good luck if you need any advice on the polishing just ask
Old 22 September 2009, 04:37 PM
busby330
Scooby Regular

Will do buddy, Thanks alot
Old 22 September 2009, 05:38 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

Good news on keeping the car mate Just keep your eyes open on here and there are some good bargains to be had. I've got my wrx bumper and crystal indicators here if you fancy making me an offer

As for your alarm,give this guy a try,he fitted all my stereo system in to my 206 (£4000 worth) and he fits the alarms for GLC imports in Gorseinon. His name is John,07770772582. He is a mobile fitter,and used to do mobile fitting for Sextons.
Old 22 September 2009, 05:51 PM
busby330
Scooby Regular

thanks bud, as for the WRX bumper got one in my shed lol. I give the fitter a call now thanks bud
Old 22 September 2009, 10:22 PM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

Glad ur keeping her mate you have made the right descision!

Dont forget to get ur *** down to the next meet and meet the lads there is no need to be intimidated they are a sound bunch.

It wont be long mate before ur car is a minter!
Old 22 September 2009, 10:32 PM
ryan33hks
Scooby Regular

Good choice mate. I spent months getting mine into shape and straight away mounted a roundabout so back to square one ay. Getting there again though. I also don't have a job
Old 22 September 2009, 11:03 PM
L55 REP
Scooby Regular

you had a job getting out of bed friday morning fella pmsl.

good choice on keeping the car too fella.

mines parked up ive used it about 6-7 times since i taxed it and its due a renewal the end of the month lol, i know if i sold it tho i would want it back
Old 22 September 2009, 11:17 PM
busby330
Scooby Regular

thanks lads
Old 22 September 2009, 11:30 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Good choice keeping the car - come to the next meet I promise we are a friendly enough bunch and we will put Jarvis's mussle on so that he does not bite.
Old 23 September 2009, 12:25 AM
busby330
Scooby Regular

pmsl. I defo be at the next meet, and might even say HI lol, nah felt like a dip****e after the last meet, but never mind. You can normally spot me down mumbles castllamare car park, normally with a coffee in my hand lol. If not i am back and forth to Morriston to the in laws, if you see me give me a wave or flash (of the lights )

Last edited by busby330; 23 September 2009 at 12:27 AM.
Old 23 September 2009, 10:46 AM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by busby330
pmsl. I defo be at the next meet, and might even say HI lol, nah felt like a dip****e after the last meet, but never mind. You can normally spot me down mumbles castllamare car park, normally with a coffee in my hand lol. If not i am back and forth to Morriston to the in laws, if you see me give me a wave or flash (of the lights )

will do mate!