Newby help.... please....;-)

Search this Thread

Old 07 October 2009, 07:57 PM
lord love rocket
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newby help.... please....;-)

Hi guys and gals,
looking to buy myself a "scoob" in the near future, trying to learn all the "jargon" on here, and its blowing my mind lol.
Will have a budget of £6000 absolute max to play with. Been surfing, and I feel its possible to get myself a wrx 02-04 plate. Prefer a blobeye to a bug eye, but interested in the likes of the uk 300 limited edition. Ideally would like an sti, but feel i am dreaming with my budget.
Any info etc greatly appreciated. thanks in advance... a fellow welshman.
Old 08 October 2009, 12:07 AM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

It's a buyers market at the minute mate For 6k i personally would go for a good spec Classic STI or Type R. There are so many different varients out there it unreal. UK300's are hard to come by at the minute but the choice is endless for 6k
Old 08 October 2009, 04:00 PM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi mate!

6k will get you a great blobeye, with about 60k on it. Only points really are things like service history, if its not full and comprehensive walk away, even if you love it, you will find another. Avoid cars with silly cheap mods like glued on bodykits etc as it just says that the person didnt spend all their hard earned on the car so where else were corners cut?
Most owners i have met on here will go without food if it means the car needs something done just to make sure its done well so if you shop around you will easily find a gem that has been well looked after and possibly well modified too. Modifications are not something to be afraid of as long as they have been carried out by the right people, afterall the car is designed to be tuned up to a point.
If you do find one and have questions about it just post a link to it and i am sure someone can help you out.

good luck hunting,
Ian
Old 08 October 2009, 05:13 PM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

Welcome buddy!

I second the type r you could find a P1 for that aswell classic shape.
I feel they look the best but ae no means the best in terms of saftey or refinment compared to later models.

For 6k you should get a bargain whatever model you choose If you went for a classic with right mods you should get a very fast car with maybe a few quid left over to play with.
Old 08 October 2009, 06:17 PM
lord love rocket
Scooby Regular

Am probarbly a month away from having te cash yet, but all the info that you have given so far is greatly appreciated. I am coming arouind to the idea of a classic, but iam still split 70/30 for the new age. Am thinking i would prefer a car with a little mods as possible, i wouldnt mind one with turbo timer, and that sort of thing, but the more standard the better.
Keep the comments coming chaps, thanks alot
Old 08 October 2009, 06:31 PM
amego
Scooby Regular

goodlook with your hunt just dont rush in a good one will come along took me 12 months to find a car to replace my classic
Old 09 October 2009, 07:23 PM
Rally fan 555
Scooby Regular

Welcome and good luck Mate - have a look at the "Hi Guys" thread a bit further down the page - if you hav'nt already of course - bit's of info there and def come to a meet