Notices

Advice needed.

Search this Thread

Old 11 October 2009, 10:05 PM
darrenjones01@tiscal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice needed.

Hi, a little problem that I hope someone has the answer for,It does go on a bit and I apologise in advance for that....... here goes,

For a few months I thought I had a rear wheel bearing on its way out so I left it as long as I could bear it and then asked my mate who has a garage to change the rear bearings for me and while he was doing it to change the rear discs at the same time, so he ordered them and I dropped the car off.
I went back later that afternoon to pick the car up and my mate was there scratching his head looking really p*ssed off. When he removed the rear discs he noticed the inner part of it right on the edge next to where the handbrake shoes bite onto had been rubbing but as the old discs were being binned he didnt take much notice of it, he then replaced the bearings and fit the new discs, this was when the problem started, the new discs were rubbing in exactly the same place on the inner rim as the old ones, only they were making more noise than the old ones (I assume because they are new there is more metal to wear down!!!)
He removed and refitted the rear discs 3 times but could see nothing wrong.
The outcome of it is I think my rear bearings have been changed needlessly,
and I still have the same noise which is more noticable at speed ( say motorway driving ).I dont mind that the bearings were changed but this noise is now worrying me and driving me nuts when I drive the car.
Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, oh and the car is a 53 plate UK STi.
Thanks in advance.
Old 11 October 2009, 10:21 PM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

could be the handbrake shoes have moved or not sitting right and you also adjust the hand brake through a small hole in the rear when disk is fitted so did he do that and adjust it when disk was fitted ??, its kind of hard to help you when there are no pics and would realy need to see it to give a better answer
Old 11 October 2009, 10:49 PM
mje_wrx
Scooby Regular

i agree with catalyna, few pics, and really need to see it.