Notices

Anyone use a Hawkeye WRX as a daily driver?

Search this Thread

Old 20 November 2010, 04:45 PM
SW Sport Pilot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use a Hawkeye WRX as a daily driver?

Evening all

Have been looking for ages to change my current car and even considered keeping my skoda vrs and trying to run an older classic too. ive had no luck finding decent civic type r's which is a car ive always wanted but also i feel a draw back to a scoob. so i was wondering if anyone used a wrx hawkeye as a daily driver and if anyone knows if problems with that paticular model?

cheers for any ideas

ian
Old 20 November 2010, 05:04 PM
Dougmy06wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, I have a my06 wrx. I use it as daily drive and have had no problems with mine. I put a upgraded panel filter and decat exhaust on and got it remapped. Other than that the car is standard and there have been no problems with anything. I would recommend them to anyone just make sure if service history and that but I'm sure you know that already.

HTH

Doug
Old 21 November 2010, 08:35 PM
gisalook
Scooby Regular

I run a 06 hawkeye STI as a daily driver. I love it,
no problems so far.
If it clunks at very low speed the rear shocks are knackerd.

Last edited by gisalook; 21 November 2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 21 November 2010, 08:57 PM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Iv owned my 06 Hawkeye WRX since new and when i first had it it was more than just a daily driver. I would travel for work throughout the day and in the first year covered at least 16k and loved every second of it!! The only problems i have had are a battery replacement and new rear shocks, which is a common problem. As said above it is a knocking noise from the rear. To me it sounded like a can of coke rolling back and for in the boot so thats something to look out for.
Running costs can be high as with any Impreza. Fuel consumption will be simular to any Impreza and the tyres tend to need replacing every 10k or so.
These days i dont use the car as often and in the last 3 months i have only covered about 1k but i still love every inch i drive.
As daily drivers go, its the best i have owned just for the grin factor every time
Old 21 November 2010, 09:00 PM
Mrfastbaz
Scooby Regular

i had a 2005 wrx used daily and now have a 2007 sti used daily both great
Old 06 December 2010, 10:28 PM
IainIainWRX
Scooby Regular

I have a standard 2006 Hawkeye wagon that I use for my daily commute. Round trip of 45 miles each day through A road, dual carriageway and town centre. 25 mpg average over the last year and 14,000 miles. Only problem was it went into limp home mode two weeks after buying it but that problem has not happened again - and it's not because I have been driving it lightly.

It is a bit noisy so you'd need to change the stereo if you are seriously into your tunes.
Old 06 December 2010, 10:59 PM
Wagon Gaz
Scooby Regular

Apart from an un-healthy adiction to v-power no problems
Old 06 December 2010, 11:08 PM
daviee
Scooby Regular

Had mine since new sep 2007, 1000 miles a month, just turned 39,000 today £400 tax £400 insurance £400 tyres £300 av service per year and £230 a month on fuel. I was getting fed up with cars bought this and put some fun back in driving. It was mapped and modded this year to 282 bhp and 350 lbs of of torque and even more smiles per mile. I was going to change it but heart ruled the head and will hang on to it a bit longer 4 door, large boot, puts the german engineering ( BMW Coupe) I drove for last 4 years before I bought this to shame. I find it very sure footed in wet and even snow if you keep it off boost, tonight thick snow my car was the only one to make it up the hill where I live apart from the proper 4X4s. The only bad point is the stereo but would it be a 1,000,000% improvement with a £200 Alpine head unit.