Notices

Congratulations !!!

Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2011, 06:40 PM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Congratulations !!!

Look out Premier League - The only team in Wales that counts is on its way !!

Who Are We ???

JACK ARMY !!!
Old 30 May 2011, 06:47 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Yes, well done the Jacks.

It's only a pity that the Bluebirds didn't show up for their semi final, it would have been a good final.
Old 30 May 2011, 07:06 PM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

Do you really think that would have been a good final ?
I think it would have been an absolute nightmare.... of the 42000 Swansea supporters that went today, hardly any would have gone due to the mentality of the Cardiff supporters. There would have been murders in London today and not the great atmosphere that both sets of fans provided.

And not only that - the Bluebirds didnt deserve to be there ;-)
Old 30 May 2011, 07:13 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyp1
I think it would have been an absolute nightmare.... of the 42000 Swansea supporters that went today, hardly any would have gone due to the mentality of the Cardiff supporters. There would have been murders in London today and not the great atmosphere that both sets of fans provided.

Agreed.
Its a mentality that as a rugby supporter I can`t understand, I remember Cardiff gloating when we had troubles and nearly fell through out of the Football League, and how they constantly mocked. But now the worm has turned, we don`t need to rub it in or gloat, the Man U/Chelsea/Liverpool coaches coming regularly to play will say it all for us.

I really do hope we stay up as Swansea has worked damn hard for this, and now we have the Premier League Status.

Will be interesting with the Ospreys now as to who is more important, as can`t imagine the top flight clubs accepting a cut up pitch, so may be some problems brewing there.
Old 30 May 2011, 07:18 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Well I'd hope that both sets of fans from both Welsh teams would give a good account of themselves in terms of good behaviour.

I'm not really a footie fan, I've been to loads of rugby grudge matches - Scarlets vs Ospreys being a good example and never anything but good natured banter.

Like I said well done the Jacks I'm just hoping they can now beef up the team as they need more strength in depth in order to compete in the Premier League.
Old 30 May 2011, 07:25 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
Well I'd hope that both sets of fans from both Welsh teams would give a good account of themselves in terms of good behaviour.

I'm not really a footie fan, I've been to loads of rugby grudge matches - Scarlets vs Ospreys being a good example and never anything but good natured banter.

Like I said well done the Jacks I'm just hoping they can now beef up the team as they need more strength in depth in order to compete in the Premier League.
Thats just it, I`m a Turk (yes thats right lol), and have been to plenty of matches, where nothing ever happens, yet football has a different mentality.
I know the police were glad Cardiff and Swansea weren`t playing as the M4 would have been a WAR ZONE. I`m sorry to say that Cardiff still has the minority that are more up for a fight than watching football. My mate had a house down by the Vetch, and many many times did he have his doors kicked in and windows smashed by Bluebirds, yet when other teams came only an occasional scuffle.

I`m not saying Swansea were ever blameless, but the days should come where fans can watch a match in mixed stands, or if thats too far to watch a match without fear of injury, or a massive police force to keep the "peace".
Old 30 May 2011, 07:28 PM
ScoobyStu82
Scooby Regular

The only team in Wales that counts???? Get a fxxxking grip. You'l be down by Christmas.

Iv been a Cardiff season ticket holder for the last 15yrs and can honestly say the days of the "Soul Crew" and all that has well and truly passed. Iv been to every Cardiff vs Swansea game since they both got into the championship and can tell you from first hand experience that its ALWAYS the Jacks who start the trouble. Clearly if you were real Swans supporters you would have been at Wembley to support your team today.

Only team in Wales that counts!!!!!!!
Old 30 May 2011, 07:32 PM
DYL 4N
Scooby Regular

LOL here we go. Cardiff - Swansea banter.

Keep it clean guys no silly comments.
Old 30 May 2011, 07:36 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyStu82
The only team in Wales that counts???? Get a fxxxking grip. You'l be down by Christmas.

Iv been a Cardiff season ticket holder for the last 15yrs and can honestly say the days of the "Soul Crew" and all that has well and truly passed. Iv been to every Cardiff vs Swansea game since they both got into the championship and can tell you from first hand experience that its ALWAYS the Jacks who start the trouble. Clearly if you were real Swans supporters you would have been at Wembley to support your team today.

I for one couldn`t for other reasons, but funny how its ALWAYS the Jacks.
Yet I remember coaches getting turned around as City "supporters" were there waiting for them to come off to kick off.

Its a known with the Police that if Cardiff had been there today instead of Swansea the Police numbers would have been a LOT higher.

I`m having a go at all the idiots in Football, and there are LOADS. But as long as Swansea play the way they do, keep the team, and strengthen then I see no reason to come back down due to the way they play.
Cardiff my not do so well esp with a new manager coming in, as they rarely keep the team the previous manager built, so who knows.

And this isn`t a Cardiff vs Swansea Thread.

Its a "Historic day for Welsh Sport" to quote BBC News!!
By "The Barcelona of the Championship". James McMath Just Football.com

Last edited by Jimbob; 30 May 2011 at 07:40 PM.
Old 30 May 2011, 07:46 PM
ScoobyStu82
Scooby Regular

Jim, Im not having a go at you mate but I have only 2 passions in life, Cars and Cardiff City and it really gets up my nose when people dig out the Cardiff fans because the poor reputation we used to have.

Granted, there are still a few idiots about but You'l find them at every club

I honestly believe the Swans will struggle to stay up, as Cardiff would. We will struggle this season due to money, new manager and influx of new players but we'l make it one day and believe you me, there won't be one Swans fan who will congratulate us.
Old 30 May 2011, 07:55 PM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

Someone sounds bitter that their team are crap !
If the Cardiff fans are so good then why is it that they were trying to fight me and my father when we went away to watch Wales.... 24 blokes surrounding 2 - that seems like a fair fight, and all because they seen my Swansea tattoo

As for not being in Wembley today - where the F*** do you think ive been all day ???
I'm on my way home now, safe in the knowledge that the best team in Wales are now in the Premier League !
Old 30 May 2011, 07:57 PM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

And if i'm not mistaken - they were Cardiff supporters that got arrested on the bridges of the M4 today for throwing things at the Swansea buses going to Wembley this morning

And i do agree - it is going to be a struggle to stay up - but the £90 million will certainly come in handy to help build a better team

Last edited by scoobyp1; 30 May 2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old 30 May 2011, 08:00 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Jim, Im not having a go at you mate but I have only 2 passions in life, Cars and Cardiff City and it really gets up my nose when people dig out the Cardiff fans because the poor reputation we used to have.

Granted, there are still a few idiots about but You'l find them at every club

I honestly believe the Swans will struggle to stay up, as Cardiff would. We will struggle this season due to money, new manager and influx of new players but we'l make it one day and believe you me, there won't be one Swans fan who will congratulate us.
And thats the problem.
To be fair Cardiff have been the club with more money, with better players, better stadium, higher league. And all we have had is a team down the road making light of us, now this has created problems.
But now we are on top and playing in a higher league, perhaps now would be the time to sort these crappy opinions. I`m not suggesting that Swansea and Cardiff becoming bosom buddies, but instead of wasting energy and resources against each other, to use this energy for the benefit of both teams.

I can`t see this happening due to the Football mentality, for which I`m glad I`m a Rugby fan, and have Football as a can easily live without sport.

Perhaps if Swansea stay up and Cardiff join them, this must be a good thing for the Wales team as a whole. And tbh I do hope this happens, but Cardiff supporters must allow Swansea supporters to celebrate this as its massive to the club and country.
Old 30 May 2011, 08:06 PM
ScoobyStu82
Scooby Regular

And if i'm not mistaken - they were Cardiff supporters that got arrested on the bridges of the M4 today for throwing things at the Swansea buses going to Wembley this morning

And i do agree - it is going to be a struggle to stay up - but the £90 million will certainly come in handy to help build a better team
£90 Million???? Got promoted twice did you!!
Old 30 May 2011, 08:06 PM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

Swansea are better than cardiff, fact.
Old 30 May 2011, 08:08 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

£90 Million???? Got promoted twice did you!!
They said its worth £90 million over 3 years, http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_GB/u...56f00aRCRD.htm

includes £48 million in parachute payments
Old 30 May 2011, 08:08 PM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

Pick any paper up today and its worth £90million... whichever way you look at it
So either you know something that every other journalist doesnt, or your wrong

Last edited by scoobyp1; 30 May 2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 30 May 2011, 08:10 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Being a neutral but having watched both Championship matches between the Swans and Cardiff, they are both as bad as each other.

I really cannot get my head around the vitirol and hate that is generated when the two teams play. Probably why I never take my grand son to football but rugby gets the thumbs up. All tye money will be spent on non-welsh players and their wages so I can't see the benefit to the Welsh team myself.

But, well done Swansea for their efforts this season and what a poke in the eye for Reading having sacked Brendan Rogers.

Last edited by The Trooper 1815; 30 May 2011 at 08:13 PM.
Old 30 May 2011, 08:11 PM
ScoobyStu82
Scooby Regular

Oh, and for the "42,000" you took to wembley today, how many do you think were actual Swans fans?? There were a few games this season you only just managed to scrape 15,000.........good fan base that!
Old 30 May 2011, 08:17 PM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

Oh, and for the "42,000" you took to wembley today, how many do you think were actual Swans fans?? There were a few games this season you only just managed to scrape 15,000.........good fan base that!

How many do Cardiff get weekly ? and how many do you think you would have had if you had played at Wembeley ?
Your really starting to sound bitter now mate, just bite your lip, be a man and Congratulate us on our success !
Old 30 May 2011, 08:17 PM
ScoobyStu82
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jimbob
They said its worth £90 million over 3 years, http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_GB/u...56f00aRCRD.htm

includes £48 million in parachute payments
There you go, £48m in parachute payments! Your banking on getting relegated to get the £48m!

Swansea will not be in the Premiership for 3yrs. You'l be down by Christmas, as we would have if it was us who went up. Im not being bitter, Im being honest.
Old 30 May 2011, 08:19 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fair play the Jacks were the better team at the end of the season.

I've been a Cardiff fan for many years and it pains me to say that. I've been to many Swansea vs Cardiff games and recently there hasn't been nearly as much trouble as we've had in the past.
Old 30 May 2011, 08:20 PM
Nomad_72
Scooby Regular

And your point is???????
If you were there today, you would have taken far in excess of your average gate as well. The fact is Cardiff bottled it yet again and next season you'll be without your money grabbing mercenaries and more than likely languishing in mid table mediocrity whilst we rub shoulders with football's elite (which we are now deservedly part of)
Enjoy your trip to Peterborough next season..........I'll be in old Trafford
Old 30 May 2011, 08:23 PM
ScoobyStu82
Scooby Regular

How many do Cardiff get weekly ? and how many do you think you would have had if you had played at Wembeley ?
Your really starting to sound bitter now mate, just bite your lip, be a man and Congratulate us on our success !

We'v averaged around 21k all season! As for how many fans would have we taken today......Ive been to Wembley 4 times so far with Cardiff and we'v sold out our full capacity every time with a reserve list of 5 thousand fans for any cancelled tickets. Figures speak.

Anyway, we'v had our banter, enjoy your day, stay safe and good luck next season
Old 30 May 2011, 08:29 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

There you go, £48m in parachute payments! Your banking on getting relegated to get the £48m!

Swansea will not be in the Premiership for 3yrs. You'l be down by Christmas, as we would have if it was us who went up. Im not being bitter, Im being honest.
Opinions are like bum holes everyone has one, and no one likes other peoples.

But surely you should support a Welsh Club in the Premiership, as it has a benefit to Wales and also to the Wales Team.
And anyways despite what people think, time will tell if we get relegated at least we got there, if we don`t (which I hope we don`t) we`ll cement our position as Wales number 1 club.
Old 30 May 2011, 08:30 PM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

We sold our allowance and then the spares that became available - so your right, figures speak !

Last edited by scoobyp1; 30 May 2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 30 May 2011, 08:34 PM
ScoobyStu82
Scooby Regular

Id rather my mother caught cancer my kids walked backwards
Old 30 May 2011, 08:41 PM
ScoobyStu82
Scooby Regular

We sold our allowance and then the spares that became available - so your right, figures speak !
You told ME to grow a set and then YOU go and edit and delete your post!!! Well done big man!
Old 30 May 2011, 08:42 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Id rather my mother caught cancer my kids walked backwards
Football banter
Old 30 May 2011, 08:42 PM
ryan33hks
Scooby Regular

Quick Reply: Congratulations !!!