what power

Search this Thread

Old 12 June 2011, 09:29 AM
hixxys STI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what power

hi guys

i got a sti v3 and done some mods and was wondering what power gains would i see from these mods, the mods below are ones i got now

hks turbo back exhaust
uprated fuel pump 255
hks induction kit
hks evc-s boost controller
fmic

in a couple of months im going to get, if the wife lets

td05 20g turbo
550 injectors
and a simtek ecu, on the ecu subject where is the nearest place i can get one and mapped, i live in pembrokeshire west wales

thanks guys matthew
Old 12 June 2011, 01:07 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

To take advantage of the Mods u've done the ECU needs to be re-mapped for them, u may have gain a little power.... Has the HKS boost controller been set-up properly and checked for correct fueling and any signs of DET??

With ur planned mods u should see around 400bhp, for mappinf contact JGM he is mobile and will come to u for the mapping....
Old 12 June 2011, 02:42 PM
hixxys STI
Scooby Regular

cheers mate, have you got his number please? Also dose he fit ecu's or is it just mapping he dose? And as for the car i aint had it mapped or anything for the mods thats on it because the std ecu cant be mapped im told, this is why i need one, and the hks evc-s is still in the box all other mods are on tho
Old 12 June 2011, 02:44 PM
ryan33hks
Scooby Regular

http://www.jollygreenmonster.com/
Old 12 June 2011, 02:49 PM
Ryan@Indigo-GT
Former Sponsor

Some nice mod's you have there mate! The HKS boost controller is an awesome piece of kit.

We can map simtek ecu's, we're based in Merthyr Tydfil or we can come to you. Give us a call if you'd like more information - 01685 726 775
Old 12 June 2011, 04:17 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

You'll be on borrowed time running a 20g on a standard engine
Old 12 June 2011, 09:11 PM
hixxys STI
Scooby Regular

thanks ryan, do you supply and fit them? if so how much?

and i thought sti internals were good for close to 400bhp, but 400+ its uprated stuff then,
whats the max internals will handle???? not that i want to max them out, a nice safe, friendly daily drive with the extra horses i want.
Old 12 June 2011, 09:36 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

Yeah the standard ecu on your car isn't mappable....
Probably a good think to have not fitted the boost controller til ur gonna get it mapped unless u have it set up properly so u know the car isn't DETing, should b ok with the other mods, although fitting induction kits can effect MAF scaling and cause the car to run lean....

20G is gonna be pushing the standard engine quite hard, there are quite a lot of cars do run 20G's without issue but think its more down to luck.... You probably will kill the standard 5 speed box though with a 20G...

Yeap JGM will supply, fit and MAP Simtek for u... Personally I would only have my car mapped by someone that is well known and does mapping full time... The Best mappers for Subaru's IMO are Andy Forrest, JGM and Bob Rawle
Old 12 June 2011, 09:54 PM
hixxys STI
Scooby Regular

thanks mate, but the chaps you listed are way up country, just thinking along the lines of problems after, if any.
Old 12 June 2011, 09:57 PM
hixxys STI
Scooby Regular

ive had the car 4 and a bit years and it aint missed a beat, drove it to london and back in one day, brummy land aswell, touch wood its sound, maintained to a high std and my motto is look after the car, and it will look after you, but i need a bit more bhp now, hence the mods
Old 12 June 2011, 09:59 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hixxys STI
thanks mate, but the chaps you listed are way up country, just thinking along the lines of problems after, if any.
I've used Andy F and JGM and both travelled to me to do the mapping... Andy F is a long way away but u shouldn't have problems after down to mapping if any of them do ur mapping.... JGM is in Essex I think so not that far and I think Bob Rawle is in Swindon so pretty close and lots of the boys on here have used him.

May be worth trying to arrange a group buy if any other local boys want there cars done at the same time.... If the timing is right I may even get my EVO done
Old 12 June 2011, 10:31 PM
hixxys STI
Scooby Regular

Cheers fella I'm looking to do it, in about a month or so, just waiting for my new brakes to come, then it's out with the old and in with the new ( ecu ) how much roughly will it cost for simtek installed and mapped with LC and AL?????
Old 12 June 2011, 10:35 PM
Ryan@Indigo-GT
Former Sponsor

thanks ryan, do you supply and fit them? if so how much?

and i thought sti internals were good for close to 400bhp, but 400+ its uprated stuff then,
whats the max internals will handle???? not that i want to max them out, a nice safe, friendly daily drive with the extra horses i want.
I can get you a price for the Simtek but really speaking mate it's not the ECU I'd recommend. The Apexi Power FC is a decent ECU but the price on those has sky rocketed over the last few years, the ECU that we fully recommend is the Hydra Nemesis.

It's features are up there with the likes of Motec but for alot less money, and it supports Anti Lag and Launch Control which do tend to make people smile

It's an extremely technical ECU to map and it's not a five minute job, getting the cold start spot on requires a great deal of skill by itself and there are only about a dozen distributors in Europe, including ourselves that are capable of doing that. We're fortunate in that we have a close professional relationship with Richard Bulmer at Tracktive who's reputation speaks for itself

We're happy to talk about remapping at any time, just give us a call, Antony, one of the directors at Indigo is our mapper, he's back from Slovenia tomorrow after flying out over the weekend to map a handful of cars for some of our high end customers.
Old 12 June 2011, 10:36 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

Cheers fella I'm looking to do it, in about a month or so, just waiting for my new brakes to come, then it's out with the old and in with the new ( ecu ) how much roughly will it cost for simtek installed and mapped with LC and AL?????
It's worth starting a thread to see if anyone else would be interested in getting there car done at the same time, if u get a few people u normally get a bit of discount and can split the mappers travelling costs between u.... I've done a few Group Buys for mapping in the past...

http://www.jollygreenmonster.com/classic.html £895 fitted and mapped + £150 for LC & AL
Old 12 June 2011, 10:41 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ryan@Indigo-GT
I can get you a price for the Simtek but really speaking mate it's not the ECU I'd recommend.
Out of interest, why would u not reccomend the Simtek??
It is a very highly regarded ECU on here, it has AL and LC as an option for £150, as standard has duel maps, live mapping and MAFless (which the apexi can't do)
Old 12 June 2011, 11:06 PM
Ryan@Indigo-GT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by turboDean
Out of interest, why would u not reccomend the Simtek??
It is a very highly regarded ECU on here, it has AL and LC as an option for £150, as standard has duel maps, live mapping and MAFless (which the apexi can't do)
I would recommend the Simtek if I wasn't aware of the Hydra, it allows a much more precise map through the ignition and fuelling tables and ultimately that's important to us especially when we're building a forged 600bhp + engine.

We supplied, fitted and mapped Simtek ECU's a number of years back but when we started using the Hydra it pretty much fell into the background as we felt the Hydra provided a smarter solution with anti lag and launch control already included.

As for me personally, I've run my Apexi Power FC for three years, it's spec is nowhere near that of the Hydra but I love the Geek element with the hand commander, I will be replacing it with the Hydra in time for next year and to support my new engine
Old 12 June 2011, 11:18 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

I would recommend the Simtek if I wasn't aware of the Hydra, it allows a much more precise map through the ignition and fuelling tables and ultimately that's important to us especially when we're building a forged 600bhp + engine.

We supplied, fitted and mapped Simtek ECU's a number of years back but when we started using the Hydra it pretty much fell into the background as we felt the Hydra provided a smarter solution with anti lag and launch control already included.

As for me personally, I've run my Apexi Power FC for three years, it's spec is nowhere near that of the Hydra but I love the Geek element with the hand commander, I will be replacing it with the Hydra in time for next year and to support my new engine
Ah ok
I was under the impression that the Simtek had quite a high resolution for fueling and igition compared to a lot of ECU's and there are a lot of boys running high power scooby's using them.... I know of a few people who upgraded from Simtek to Solaris ECU's they are supposed to be very good...
Apexi FC's were very popular a few years back with <98 impreza that couldn't be ECUTEK mapped...
Dont really know much about Hydra, dont hear them being used that much with subaru's altough they do seems very popular with EVO's
Old 12 June 2011, 11:32 PM
Ryan@Indigo-GT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by turboDean
Ah ok
I was under the impression that the Simtek had quite a high resolution for fueling and igition compared to a lot of ECU's and there are a lot of boys running high power scooby's using them.... I know of a few people who upgraded from Simtek to Solaris ECU's they are supposed to be very good...
Apexi FC's were very popular a few years back with <98 impreza that couldn't be ECUTEK mapped...
Dont really know much about Hydra, dont hear them being used that much with subaru's altough they do seems very popular with EVO's
Both the Solaris and Hydra use higher resolution fuelling and ignition tables than the Simtek, it's not really massively noticeable for the owner really but it allows the mapper to make more precise adjustments.

It's mainly Evo's we've put them into, we've only done a handful of Subaru's but the results were impressive and as a Scooby owner myself I'd love to see more big power Subaru's, everyday I'm sat in the office watching 800bhp Evo's, 600bhp Evo's ect pulling up, I'm just not seeing the big power Scooby's... other than my own ofcouse

That's the reason we're here, we've built up the reputation on the MLR, this year alone we're supporting Marc Kemp and Robin Duxbury in time attack, we're here to show Scooby owners exactly what we're capable of doing for them
Old 13 June 2011, 10:06 AM
hixxys STI
Scooby Regular

That's why I'm leaning towards simtek, because everyone who is using this ecu can't fault it, stick with the devil you know, hence why I have put hks, tein and whitline, also k- sport goodies on the car, def one to think about
Old 13 June 2011, 10:24 AM
Ryan@Indigo-GT
Former Sponsor

That's why I'm leaning towards simtek, because everyone who is using this ecu can't fault it, stick with the devil you know, hence why I have put hks, tein and whitline, also k- sport goodies on the car, def one to think about
That's fair enough mate, we can supply, fit and map the SimTek for £1249.99 inc. VAT. That's with the Anti Lag & Launch Control options
Old 13 June 2011, 08:45 PM
hixxys STI
Scooby Regular

That's fair enough mate, we can supply, fit and map the SimTek for £1249.99 inc. VAT. That's with the Anti Lag & Launch Control options
VERY TEMPTING , how long dose it take to do all this? and will i have to bring the car to you?
Old 14 June 2011, 03:46 PM
amego
Scooby Regular

just get a blobeye with all the money your spending your car is falling apart now you tired bestard might pop up wednesday night
Old 14 June 2011, 06:24 PM
hixxys STI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by amego
just get a blobeye with all the money your spending your car is falling apart now you tired bestard might pop up wednesday night
tired bitch
Old 19 June 2011, 10:41 PM
DamienP1
Scooby Regular

the simtek will eliminate the maf sensor so no dramas there

For OP.......the 20G will push the internals but as said there are plenty of cars rolling with 400+ on standard bottom end its just how its driven.......

As for the gearbox again depending how old it is and how its driven........its the torque which kills it not so much the bhp and as your only a 2.0 you may get away with it for quite a while......I know a few guys running pretty much same set ups and are in the 380-410 bhp category and have had thier boxes last for a couple of years

lots of mappers with good reps out there........JGM and bob rawle being the main faces close to you but also your man at indigo getting some good reviews to