Notices

How long before I get pulled??

Search this Thread

Old 14 July 2011, 05:59 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long before I get pulled??

At the Toby meet yesterday some of you may have seen the show plate I have, for pics and shows.

Just wonder how long it may take me to get pulled if I "forget" to swap back after a few pics.
And seeing as I live on the border between Dyfed Powys and South Wales Police I wonder which would get me first lol.

I`m NOT intending this be my day to day plate, but for cruises, shows, and pics.
For day to day running my 100% road legal plate will be used.

I`m NOT a chav with anti-lag

Last edited by Jimbob; 14 July 2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 14 July 2011, 06:01 PM
Nato
Scooby Regular

As I said to you last night fella, Dyfed Powys will get you first for sure! Won't take them long either with their ANPR's!
Old 14 July 2011, 06:05 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nato
As I said to you last night fella, Dyfed Powys will get you first for sure! Won't take them long either with their ANPR's!
Anpr will read the rear plate but if motorbikes only need a rear plate, why do cars?
Its not as if I`m hiding its reg, or making it look like something else. Its making it smaller. And digital cameras these days will easily pick it up.
Old 14 July 2011, 09:07 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

I can't for the life of me understand why you would leave the show plate on in order to encourage the police to stop you and inspect your car. Impreza owners have a pretty poor reputation with the rozzers as it is due mainly to the amount of chavs buying them.

And by the way anti lag isn't at all chavvy as it does actually serve a purpose but owners with or considering flamer kits definitely are chavs.
Old 14 July 2011, 11:03 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

Still too big
Old 14 July 2011, 11:11 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd get the bumper resprayed before worrying about plate size if I were doing shows

I reckon you be pulled pretty quick tbh, even parked up if an all seeing eye spots you you've had it tbh
Old 15 July 2011, 12:01 AM
duckdo
Scooby Regular

ive been done for show plates on my previos motor (e36 m3) the on the spot fine of £60 and 3 points wernt worth it
Old 15 July 2011, 12:46 AM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
I can't for the life of me understand why you would leave the show plate on in order to encourage the police to stop you and inspect your car. Impreza owners have a pretty poor reputation with the rozzers as it is due mainly to the amount of chavs buying them.

And by the way anti lag isn't at all chavvy as it does actually serve a purpose but owners with or considering flamer kits definitely are chavs.
Something to do lol, and I`m NOT being serious about wanting to get pulled over.

But police don`t like them as they are loud and can`t catch them in their panda cars, I`m yet to have any issues at all with a traffic cop, as usually they appreciate a decent car (as long as your not doing something stupid).

Antilag and flamer kits on a road car are tantamount the same thing (pops bangs and flames), may as well have a neon sign on the roof saying look at me lol. If it was for a occasional track day car or for rally stages (so a real rally car) fair enough, but imho totally pointless on a road car, as its illegal to use for a start, and you`ll never need it as its designed as you can`t be totally flat out on the limit anywhere.

Originally Posted by wrx287
Still too big
Lol, well I¬m NOT going smaller lol.

Originally Posted by 53WRX
I'd get the bumper resprayed before worrying about plate size if I were doing shows

I reckon you be pulled pretty quick tbh, even parked up if an all seeing eye spots you you've had it tbh
Not been pulled tonight and driven past a few police cars, sat opposite a traffic car and he looked and carried on going.

The whole car needs a respray, not just the front bumper, so will be done when I have enough cash together and found somewhere that is the balance between monies charged and job done.

Originally Posted by duckdo
ive been done for show plates on my previos motor (e36 m3) the on the spot fine of £60 and 3 points wernt worth it
The standard plate is back on now, have a routine yearly inspection to do
Old 15 July 2011, 09:34 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

My insider mate tell's me they will kick in with the Summer D&D purge soon. You can look out them.

Old 15 July 2011, 09:43 AM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

Its changed now Dean. It's a non endorsable offence now so only cost £30. I got done last year.
Old 15 July 2011, 09:49 AM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jimbob
Antilag and flamer kits on a road car are tantamount the same thing (pops bangs and flames), may as well have a neon sign on the roof saying look at me lol. If it was for a occasional track day car or for rally stages (so a real rally car) fair enough, but imho totally pointless on a road car, as its illegal to use for a start, and you`ll never need it as its designed as you can`t be totally flat out on the limit anywhere.
Quite frankly if you think that anti lag is just pops and bangs then you need to educate yourself in it's use, 99.99% of the pop and bangs you hear on an Impreza are in fact programmed excess fuel injected on the throttle over run or a very poorly set up car.

What is more likely to attract the negative attention are over loud exhaust systems which even at idle sound like a thunderstorm, this is of course on classic single scroll cars as newage twin scroll owners are far more discerning and prefer the subtlety of a refined exhaust note.

And as for the ultimate chav car accessory, have a look at the link below...

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...lamer-kit.html
Old 15 July 2011, 02:30 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Quite frankly if you think that anti lag is just pops and bangs then you need to educate yourself in it's use, 99.99% of the pop and bangs you hear on an Impreza are in fact programmed excess fuel injected on the throttle over run or a very poorly set up car.

What is more likely to attract the negative attention are over loud exhaust systems which even at idle sound like a thunderstorm, this is of course on classic single scroll cars as newage twin scroll owners are far more discerning and prefer the subtlety of a refined exhaust note.

And as for the ultimate chav car accessory, have a look at the link below...

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...lamer-kit.html
I know exactly what anti-lag is, and how it works and why its done.

A road car with antilag is 99% for showing off, go to a cruise or a car show, and the nearest EVO or car fitted with anti-lag has a crowd around listening to the pops and bangs.

And is the kit fitted? No.
Did I BUY it? No.
Where did I get it? Was in the car when I bought it.

Did I ask a mapper to make me a Chav, or have a neon sign on my roof saying "Look at me"? No.

I have a Burberry baseball cap in my shed somewhere that was left in my car few years ago, bet that must make me a chav too lol.

Last edited by Jimbob; 15 July 2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 15 July 2011, 03:18 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Need I say ANYTHING more? lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdu76oY8XU0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCCit...eature=related

Only thing missing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcZlxCNzQqw

Last edited by Jimbob; 15 July 2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 15 July 2011, 04:50 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

I know exactly what anti-lag is, and how it works and why its done.
Well done.

A road car with antilag is 99% for showing off, go to a cruise or a car show, and the nearest EVO or car fitted with anti-lag has a crowd around listening to the pops and bangs.
As I don't go to cruises and at a car show I park my car up for the day and spectate the racing, speak to other owners, look at the trade stands and generally enjoy the day. So I guess that must make me part of the 1% then?

And is the kit fitted? No.
Did I BUY it? No.
Where did I get it? Was in the car when I bought it.
Sorry there is one question you haven't asked yourself, which I will and answer it for you as well.

Did I consider fitting it? Yes I did.

Did I ask a mapper to make me a Chav, or have a neon sign on my roof saying "Look at me"? No.
The Simtek board I have comes with the AL/LC functions enabled and as such to have an ON / OFF switch for the AL function, which has been configured to be switched to OFF as standard and will only be used sparingly and very rarely.

I have a Burberry baseball cap in my shed somewhere that was left in my car few years ago, bet that must make me a chav too lol.
Well if the cap fits...
Old 15 July 2011, 04:53 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

I know what you mean, I am sure I have seen that family living on the outskirts of Llanelli within about half a mile north of the M4 junction.

Last edited by Cannon Fodder; 15 July 2011 at 04:58 PM.
Old 15 July 2011, 05:22 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

As I don't go to cruises and at a car show I park my car up for the day and spectate the racing, speak to other owners, look at the trade stands and generally enjoy the day. So I guess that must make me part of the 1% then?
Nope makes you old lol.
I`m sure that going for a run on country lanes, that some in society would act as antisocial behaviour, rowdiness, and general breach of laws, as well as being called a cruise.

Sorry there is one question you haven't asked yourself, which I will and answer it for you as well.

Did I consider fitting it? Yes I did.
Not true and an assumption for comedy value.
It was it more
"I`ll stick it up on here and see if anyone wants to buy it off me, as I`m never going to fit it!"
But if someone does then as long as they like it who cares, I`ll not call them a chav or similar, if they drive like a numpty then they`ll have a strong word, but chav has a different meaning to everyone who uses it.

Chav = A chav is a stereotype of certain people in the United Kingdom.
"chavs" are said to be aggressive teenagers, of working class background, who repeatedly engage in anti-social behaviour such as street drinking, drug abuse and rowdiness, or other forms of juvenile delinquency, and use of Anti-lag.

But beware.
The widespread use of the "chav" stereotype has come in for some criticism. Some argue that it amounts to simple snobbery and elitism. Critics of the term have argued that its users are "neo-snobs", and that its increasing popularity raises questions about how British society deals with social mobility and class In a February 2005 article in The Times, Julie Burchill argued that use of the word is a form of "social racism", and that such "sneering" reveals more about the shortcomings of the "chav-haters" than those of their supposed victims.

The Simtek board I have comes with the AL/LC functions enabled and as such to have an ON / OFF switch for the AL function, which has been configured to be switched to OFF as standard and will only be used sparingly and very rarely.
Which should have remained off, as no one likes a show off lol.

Well if the cap fits...
Nope too small (childs size), but if I didn`t have a cap and needed to shade my head I`d have no problem perching it ontop of my head to offer some cover.

I know what you mean, I am sure I have seen that family living on the outskirts of Llanelli within about half a mile north of the M4 junction.
Dont know many from Fforest or Cwm Gwili, but atleast that boy has a talent for playing music.
Old 15 July 2011, 05:32 PM
duckdo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrx287
Its changed now Dean. It's a non endorsable offence now so only cost £30. I got done last year.

did get done about 10 years ago and that would be just my luck
Old 15 July 2011, 05:44 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Nope makes you old lol.
I`m sure that going for a run on country lanes, that some in society would act as antisocial behaviour, rowdiness, and general breach of laws, as well as being called a cruise.
I class a cruise as being where a group of like minded Max Power readers turn up at a location (usually some form of industrial estate eg Village Farm Industrial Estate in Pyle) with their 106's and the like.

I would class a run as being where a group of more experienced drivers take their cars out for an extended drive, driving with care but driving as close to the speed limits as possible.

Not true and an assumption for comedy value.
Actually it was more a case of casting the line and seeing if I got a bite.

But beware.
The widespread use of the "chav" stereotype has come in for some criticism. Some argue that it amounts to simple snobbery and elitism. Critics of the term have argued that its users are "neo-snobs", and that its increasing popularity raises questions about how British society deals with social mobility and class In a February 2005 article in The Times, Julie Burchill argued that use of the word is a form of "social racism", and that such "sneering" reveals more about the shortcomings of the "chav-haters" than those of their supposed victims.
Tell me which one of the 5+ Google pages did you draw that out of?

Which should have remained off, as no one likes a show off lol.
It is in the OFF position and if I really want I can also disable it on the board as well, but if the function exists then it doesn't mean that it has to be used?

Nope too small (childs size), but if I didn`t have a cap and needed to shade my head I`d have no problem perching it ontop of my head to offer some cover.

Dont know many from Fforest or Cwm Gwili, but atleast that boy has a talent for playing music.

I'm sure I recognise that area of Hendy.
Old 15 July 2011, 05:57 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

did get done about 10 years ago and that would be just my luck
Tbh I think that the DVLA should sell plates outside of the current law, so they can have words etc etc. As long as the plate is registered, and is readable then they should be able to make money from it.

As to be fair if someone wanted say DUCKDO or anything 7/8 characters long then why not allow them if they want to pay to buy the plate??
Would stop the illegal spacing issues then, and get some revenues coming in.
Old 15 July 2011, 06:22 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

I class a cruise as being where a group of like minded Max Power readers turn up at a location (usually some form of industrial estate eg Village Farm Industrial Estate in Pyle) with their 106's and the like.

I would class a run as being where a group of more experienced drivers take their cars out for an extended drive, driving with care but driving as close to the speed limits as possible.
Hmmmmm sounds like you know the place to go, silver cruising!! lol.

But if you only go out for a spin on a Sunday, that kind of makes you a sunday driver the scourge of the roads.

Oh and thought I`d seen you before!!

A Nurburgring Sticker on a car thats never been!! lol.
Old 15 July 2011, 06:51 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Hmmmmm sounds like you know the place to go, silver cruising!! lol.

But if you only go out for a spin on a Sunday, that kind of makes you a sunday driver the scourge of the roads.

Oh and thought I`d seen you before!!

A Nurburgring Sticker on a car thats never been!! lol.
A valid photoshop try there, but I'm afraid that you can't use pics of yourself and your family in there, I don't live in Kidwelly and never have done and my car has been taken twice to the Nurburgring by the first UK owner. And I plan on taking it there or the Isle Of Man next spring/early summer.

So I'm afraid it's a classic post fail all round.
Old 15 July 2011, 07:04 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

A valid photoshop try there, but I'm afraid that you can't use pics of yourself and your family in there, I don't live in Kidwelly and never have done and my car has been taken twice to the Nurburgring by the first UK owner. And I plan on taking it there or the Isle Of Man next spring/early summer.

So I'm afraid it's a classic post fail all round.
Tried to find a nice shot of Burry Port and realised there isn`t one lol.

Won`t be my family as my dads in a wheel chair, and there really is no need to get so personal is there
All over anti-lag, jees you`d think it was chavvy or something

You should change it to "Never been" lol.
I should be going next year with a few mates, and it will be my second trip there, 1st in the Scoob. Will be epic, with a few Evo`s and various other big power cars.
Old 15 July 2011, 07:30 PM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

^^^Jim you must have some serious time on your hands to do such artistic work, very impressive i must say^^^

Right boys will you stop being fanny's now please and biting at each other like a Tramp on chips,, and talk some bloody sense before the thread gets removed!!!!

Man-up the pair of you or ill send Ozz around to bang your heads together

p.s Anti-lag coming to my Simek very soon.........
Old 15 July 2011, 07:33 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Tried to find a nice shot of Burry Port and realised there isn`t one lol.

Won`t be my family as my dads in a wheel chair, and there really is no need to get so personal is there
All over anti-lag, jees you`d think it was chavvy or something

You should change it to "Never been" lol.
I should be going next year with a few mates, and it will be my second trip there, 1st in the Scoob. Will be epic, with a few Evo`s and various other big power cars.
I did try and get a pic of Hendy and couldn't find anything suitable myself but I did think of an apt greeting for the road sign:
'Hendy, well at least it's near to the M4'.

I agree with you that we all can get a little too 'cutting' with some of our posts but nothing on my part is meant with malicious intent. So if I've upset you then it wasn't meant to.

I've never said I've been to the 'ring but the car has and I'm not wearing the sticker, the car is.
Old 15 July 2011, 07:50 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rob Legend
^^^Jim you must have some serious time on your hands to do such artistic work, very impressive i must say^^^

p.s Anti-lag coming to my Simek very soon.........
Lol its easy when you know how, and doesn`t take long!!
Thanks for the compliment

I did try and get a pic of Hendy and couldn't find anything suitable myself but I did think of an apt greeting for the road sign:

I agree with you that we all can get a little too 'cutting' with some of our posts but nothing on my part is meant with malicious intent. So if I've upset you then it wasn't meant to.

I've never said I've been to the 'ring but the car has and I'm not wearing the sticker, the car is.
Hendy is famous, its the start of Gods Country Llanelli, was the ONLY place that there was a death during the Rebecca Riots, home to ex England Cricketer Robert Croft and a fair few current international sports people. Ideal place to live, close to the Beacons, close to the beaches on Gower, just off the M4 so good transport routes.
Really is NO better place to live in the local area.
Old 15 July 2011, 07:54 PM
ozzreid1964
Scooby Regular

Man-up the pair of you or ill send Ozz around to bang your heads together

don't you get my ozz involved in this you little toad

julie
Old 15 July 2011, 07:55 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

I just bought a spoiler complete with boot and it came with a 'ring sticker. Now the car hasn't been, I haven't been, but the boot has. What a dilemma, sticker or no sticker?
Old 15 July 2011, 07:57 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Myles
I just bought a spoiler complete with boot and it came with a 'ring sticker. Now the car hasn't been, I haven't been, but the boot has. What a dilemma, sticker or no sticker?
Lmfao!!
Old 15 July 2011, 08:37 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Myles
Whatever makes you happy I suppose, but also in terms of the percentage of your car that has been then I suppose you should remove it.
Old 15 July 2011, 08:39 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Whatever makes you happy I suppose, but also in terms of the percentage of your car that has been then I suppose you should remove it.
I suppose, spoilsport.......

Quick Reply: How long before I get pulled??