Notices

Who's the Top Man on Parrot's then??

Search this Thread

Old 03 October 2011, 06:10 PM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's the Top Man on Parrot's then??

As title, the law around here are getting to be worse ****** than usual, and i think its only a matter of time they catch me using my phone whilst driving. So.....

I have a 07 Transit LX, anybody know the best Parrot (or any other make) for trouble free, hand's free kit in the van?? Don't wanna spend the earth, but if theres something out there that'll save me a few points then happy days!

Cheers folks

Rob
Old 03 October 2011, 06:23 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Rob, I can get the Parrot CK3100LCD kit for around £96 inc VAT brand new, if you're interested I'll contact my supplier to confirm current prices.

It will be a sale thorough my workplace so you'll get an invoice for your records.

Any decent auto sparky should be able to fit in around 1.5 hours.
Old 03 October 2011, 08:02 PM
redwards
Scooby Regular

I had the one Ty mentioned above, nice bit of kit. The reason the fuzz are being a pain is because they are having a 2 week crack down on mobile device usage.
Old 03 October 2011, 10:27 PM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
Rob, I can get the Parrot CK3100LCD kit for around £96 inc VAT brand new, if you're interested I'll contact my supplier to confirm current prices.

It will be a sale thorough my workplace so you'll get an invoice for your records.

Any decent auto sparky should be able to fit in around 1.5 hours.
Yeah that sounds cool Ty, if you wouldn't mind sending me a txt when you know that'd be cracking, sounds a decent price that, and i rekon id be able to bang it in, can't be that hard surely??

Originally Posted by redwards
I had the one Ty mentioned above, nice bit of kit. The reason the fuzz are being a pain is because they are having a 2 week crack down on mobile device usage.

I had heard that Dyfed Powys were doing that Rich, perhaps its a national thing? all i know is its getting too dodgy these days, especially with this friggin Blueberry i got, it's a nightmare trying to recieve a phonecall on it let alone send a text!!Really dont need 3 points on my squeaky clean licence, especially with insurance prices as they are!!

Cheers men
Old 04 October 2011, 04:20 PM
"Taylor"
Scooby Regular

Tried a few different types now Rob (Not a Parrot though), and i've found the best is the simple in the ear jobby. Bought mine from Tesco for £20, think its LG, and the battery lasts for ages. Everyone tells me thats the clearest. Just my two pence worth though
Old 04 October 2011, 04:25 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by "Taylor"
Tried a few different types now Rob (Not a Parrot though), and i've found the best is the simple in the ear jobby. Bought mine from Tesco for £20, think its LG, and the battery lasts for ages. Everyone tells me thats the clearest. Just my two pence worth though
Did you know that you can be still prosecuted for using the ear piece?

The Police and law define a hands free kit as a system that is hard wired or fixed into the vehicle permanently.
Old 08 October 2011, 01:25 PM
achipofthe block
Scooby Regular

Just saw this thread, i have a second hand parrot ck3100lcd for sale, you would just need to get a lead for it to work through the radio or can be used on an external speaker, but to be honest i would get a lead for your own car/van and it mutes the radio when you receive a call the turns the radio back up when call has ended
£25.00 to any of you guys
Old 08 October 2011, 02:49 PM
"Taylor"
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
Did you know that you can be still prosecuted for using the ear piece?

The Police and law define a hands free kit as a system that is hard wired or fixed into the vehicle permanently.
Interesting, I didn't know that Ty. Bit of a problem for me though, as I drive about 10 different lorries as nobody has their own truck. Therefore I need something I can take from vehicle to vehicle. The law seems to be impractical yet again :rollseyes:
Old 18 November 2011, 09:52 PM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

Thread Ressurection Alert!!!

Just to say a big thanks to Ty for sortiing out me a nice new Parrot thingy, and hand delivery aswell, cant fault it!!

Pulled everything out of the box, looked at it, took my stereo out, looked at all the wires staring back at me, and though **** it its a bit beyond my talents!!!

Got the other Tyrone on the case for fitting, hopefully be done in the next few days!!

Top service thanks again mate