Notices

newbie also help needed on set of wheels and springs

Search this Thread

Old 29 April 2012, 09:57 PM
phill_evs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie also help needed on set of wheels and springs

hi my names phill and ive recently bought myself a wide track type uk sti impreza!! im trying to locate a set of wheels and lowering springs for it but im unsure what to get??? can anyone help??? as the pcd of the wheels are 114,3 i cnt find any!! can you guys upload sum pics of ur cars with discription of what wheels and springs ur running. would be great if u could do this.many thanxs

heres my car

Old 29 April 2012, 10:09 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

I'd recommend Prodrive, Eibach or Whiteline lowering springs - my first choice would be the Prodrive springs but I don't think you can buy them new anymore.

Once you get them sorted I'd take your car to Melvyn Evans Motorsport in Hafod near Lampeter, he's done my geometry in the past - why not get them to do the springs at the same time? He's very local to you and maintains some ex WRC works Impreza's for himself and his customers.

As for wheels what type are you after in terms of design? I will be selling a set of Inovit ST VI's in gunmetal which will fit your car, there are so many choices in wheels...
Old 29 April 2012, 10:24 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quite a few wheels available to fit the later pcd but not many of them are cheap trust me I've been looking for mine and t the moment given up lol
If you have a good budget you will have a few to choose from unless you buy second hand, on the plus side the 05 on wheel is a favourite of mine for oem which is just as well. As for springs hmm as Ty says prodrive or you probably will not go far wrong with a nice set of Eibach or H&R progressive springs, mine has coilovers fitted.

Welcome by the way and watch out we are all happy to spend your money for you
Old 29 April 2012, 10:40 PM
amego
Scooby Regular

No harm in spending someone else money lol
Old 29 April 2012, 10:47 PM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
I'd recommend Prodrive, Eibach or Whiteline lowering springs - my first choice would be the Prodrive springs but I don't think you can buy them new anymore.

Once you get them sorted I'd take your car to Melvyn Evans Motorsport in Hafod near Lampeter, he's done my geometry in the past - why not get them to do the springs at the same time? He's very local to you and maintains some ex WRC works Impreza's for himself and his customers.

As for wheels what type are you after in terms of design? I will be selling a set of Inovit ST VI's in gunmetal which will fit your car, there are so many choices in wheels...
your inovit's are 5x100 Tyron.
Old 29 April 2012, 10:51 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Black-Hawk
And they are 5 x 114.3 as well.
Old 29 April 2012, 10:53 PM
phill_evs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Black-Hawk

hi buddy!! ye i have been to melvyn before he is a great guy.he is goin to set up my trackin nxt week as my mate works for him. urm inovite redlines or revolution millenuims i fancied!! do you have a pic of your wheels and how much do you want for them??? where you live fella??
Old 29 April 2012, 10:59 PM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
And they are 5 x 114.3 as well.
So im 50% correct then
Old 29 April 2012, 11:05 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by phill_evs
hi buddy!! ye i have been to melvyn before he is a great guy.he is goin to set up my trackin nxt week as my mate works for him. urm inovite redlines or revolution millenuims i fancied!! do you have a pic of your wheels and how much do you want for them??? where you live fella??
Yes I'd recommend Melvyn, he's got a nice setup.

Click in the link below to see a pic of the wheels on my Blobeye.

https://www.scoobynet.com/album.php?...ictureid=11492

If you're interested drop me a PM.
Old 29 April 2012, 11:14 PM
phill_evs
Scooby Regular

ok buddy so there multifit are they? i take it they are 18inch? where do you reckon i should get springs from and wot drop do i need? ive seen tein springs but they only lower rear 15mm and 25mm front but it doesnt seem much but maybe it is i dont know???advice???
Old 29 April 2012, 11:24 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

ok buddy so there multifit are they? i take it they are 18inch? where do you reckon i should get springs from and wot drop do i need? ive seen tein springs but they only lower rear 15mm and 25mm front but it doesnt seem much but maybe it is i dont know???advice???
Yes they are multifit, and they are 18" as well.

If you're looking to drop a bit more then I think Whiteline Flatout springs will give you what you want, I think Indigo GT in Tredegar are Whiteline agents plus you could try searching on the Whiteline site for other UK agents.
Old 30 April 2012, 06:37 AM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll let you know about the centre section hopefully later Phil, I have someone interested but they need to check with an agent to confirm the part number will fit as its a 2.5 hawkeye.
Old 30 April 2012, 12:56 PM
S10WRC
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hi my names phill and ive recently bought myself a wide track type uk sti impreza!! im trying to locate a set of wheels and lowering springs for it but im unsure what to get??? can anyone help??? as the pcd of the wheels are 114,3 i cnt find any!! can you guys upload sum pics of ur cars with discription of what wheels and springs ur running. would be great if u could do this.many thanxs

heres my car

For springs see here - https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-par...ion-parts.html

As for wheels, like everything the bigger your budget the bigger your choice....
All i would say is if you're planning to upsize the wheels don't go bigger than 18's and make sure they are Forged not Cast alloys, as the cheaper cast alloys are both heavier & not a strong as forged items.

These are about the lightest 18's available for widetrack Impreza fitment at just over 7kg each (your oem 17's weigh around 9.5kg each) . Prodrive currently have them on offer at £1,260/set - http://www.prodrive.com/products_level2.html?id=84&p=12
Happy modding!

Steve

Last edited by Lisawrx; 03 May 2012 at 12:08 AM. Reason: advertising