Notices

Beep!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2012, 03:23 PM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Beep!!!

Posted a thread around a week ago titled beep as upon starting my engine there was a beep from the engine. Well to all them that said it was the battery buy yourselves a cookie as I'm currently stuck in tesco and the car won't start great!!!
Old 01 May 2012, 03:46 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Have you had a new alarm/immobiliser recently? The back up battery may have been telling you it's on it's way out and now drained the main, just a thought.

Also beware the Sigma Subaru Alarms don't like telephone/police radio masts.
Old 01 May 2012, 03:53 PM
THE DOCTOR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep had that when left the car for a while, slow turnover and a beep from the alarm, my battery is also on the way out...charges up enough on a run, but runs down when left a few days.

thinking of investing in an optimate intelligent battery charger
Old 01 May 2012, 04:19 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

COSTCO BOSCH batteries are half the price of Halfrauds.
Old 01 May 2012, 05:11 PM
drive
Scooby Regular

Do you run the car with the side lights on,because from my understanding you Need to do this for the battery to charge,so if your using it with the blowers on,stereo on,wipers on in this lovely wet country we live in,then your battery will be draining,and not getting a charge.
Old 01 May 2012, 05:12 PM
drive
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GONZO01
Posted a thread around a week ago titled beep as upon starting my engine there was a beep from the engine. Well to all them that said it was the battery buy yourselves a cookie as I'm currently stuck in tesco and the car won't start great!!!
Which Tescos are you in??
If your in fforestfach I could nip up with some jumpleads if your stuck.

07816 682704 my number just in case.

Last edited by drive; 01 May 2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01 May 2012, 05:24 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

If you have a newage Impreza then your alternator will have an 'intelligent' charging system so that when the engine is running then the alternator will not charge the battery unless it senses a drain from an auxillary electrical system such as the heated screen, lights, radio, wipers etc.

So if you do a lot of local low mileage trips and you won't charge the battery sufficiently and it will drain, one of the results of this could be the battery plates even warping/bending and of course then the battery will fail to hold charge even when it is being charged sufficiently by the alternator.
Old 01 May 2012, 05:26 PM
drive
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
If you have a newage Impreza then your alternator will have an 'intelligent' charging system so that when the engine is running then the alternator will not charge the battery unless it senses a drain from an auxillary electrical system such as the heated screen, lights, radio, wipers etc.

So if you do a lot of local low mileage trips and you won't charge the battery sufficiently and it will drain, one of the results of this could be the battery plates even warping/bending and of course then the battery will fail to hold charge even when it is being charged sufficiently by the alternator.
What he said.
Old 01 May 2012, 05:27 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by drive
Which Tescos are you in??
If your in fforestfach I could nip up with some jumpleads if your stuck.

07816 682704 my number just in case.
If you go to the customer services desk in Tesco's and explain you have broken down after being to the store then they will get a breakdown service out to you FOC (they pick up the bill entirely I think it's somewhere in their customer service pledge or similar) to help you.

They don't advertise the fact but they will help you out if you ask them nicely.
Old 01 May 2012, 10:14 PM
THE DOCTOR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder

gotcha, thats my problem Ty lots of short trips maybe 2 or 3 times a week, time for a new one, but think the optimate will be a good choice to keep it healthy
Old 02 May 2012, 09:06 AM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the reply's people it's good to know there are still a few of us good guys out there. Drive aka Ceri I think thanks for the offer of coming to give me a jump (wink,wink) but I was stuck in tesco the marina and got my sister out of work to go and collect a new battery for me. Thanks fellas to you all.