Notices

FAO Ali-B

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2012, 04:16 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face FAO Ali-B

With reference to your post on the now locked thread you don't know me one jot so please don't jump to assumptions about people or subjects that you know nothing about.

You may well be a Mod and you may well have the power but don't think for one second that your conclusions are correct.

Thank you.
Old 02 May 2012, 04:23 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Link!!
Old 02 May 2012, 04:38 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Myles
Link!!
https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/9...obie-club.html
Old 02 May 2012, 05:47 PM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

Mr.B used my quote and agreed, oh the irony and i thought the sware filter would block Bitch, scs is crap though
Old 02 May 2012, 05:49 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Black-Hawk
Mr.B used my quote and agreed, oh the irony and i thought the sware filter would block Bitch, scs is crap though
Now, now, Mr Jarvis I thought you had grown a soft side until now, maturity has bypassed you.
Old 02 May 2012, 05:54 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think he was right from a third person perspective.

*flame suit on*
Old 02 May 2012, 06:28 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Perhaps Ali-B is right but could he/she not have PM'd the concerned parties?

As a Moderator, I thought that diplomacy, tact and common sense would be your mantra.

Now the poison and bait as been set by the same person on a number of occassions why have they not been banned?

Trending Topics

Old 02 May 2012, 06:44 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

I think you'll find Ian that trolling is in the eye of the beholder, certain topics are allowed to continue with impunity especially in Scoobynet General where there seems to be an appetite for starting threads to embarrass owners about their cars for sale.

The resident pack in there get away with so much, and don't even mention some of the 'intellectuals' in NSR with their bigoted viewpoints which border on outright racism; yes they serve a short term ban but are soon back again to spout their bollocks. Yes people get chased off from SN but very few actually receive a permanent ban.
Old 02 May 2012, 07:41 PM
GIBZY
Scooby Regular

Rob, ive bought the Nova. Wanna come out for a spin (you will have to bring the water ballons though)
Old 02 May 2012, 08:18 PM
mshowells
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GIBZY
Rob, ive bought the Nova. Wanna come out for a spin (you will have to bring the water ballons though)

OOOOh can I
Old 03 May 2012, 10:35 AM
S10WRC
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KJD Mk1
With reference to your post on the now locked thread you don't know me one jot so please don't jump to assumptions about people or subjects that you know nothing about.

You may well be a Mod and you may well have the power but don't think for one second that your conclusions are correct.

Thank you.
Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815

As a Moderator, I thought that diplomacy, tact and common sense would be your mantra.

I've recently had similar issues with Ali-B myself.

A couple of months ago he took it upon himself to 'butcher' together my threads in the 'Parts for Sale' section as i had bumped them to the top. A simple PM was all that was needed, but instead he abused his power and merged them all together in an illogical mess

When i PM'd him to argue and accused him of playing God, he wiped all of my threads and told me not to post in there any more (despite the fact i've been paying to post in there for several years). What a ***ker

I fully respect that moderators have a job to do, but this guy is way out of order IMO. He thinks he's above the members of this forum and can do whatever the hell he likes

Time he was brought down a few pegs methinks

Moderator eviction anyone?

Last edited by S10WRC; 03 May 2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03 May 2012, 10:47 AM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

Can we do that? I f*cking hate control freaks!
Old 03 May 2012, 11:36 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by KJD MK1

Thank you.
Originally Posted by CREWJ
I think he was right from a third person perspective.

*flame suit on*
Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815

Now the poison and bait as been set by the same person on a number of occassions why have they not been banned?

Hello Everyone.

Diplomacy is a two way street, and this issue in this section happened too many times before, so its pretty obvious diplomacy doesn't work and use of a more firm tone is required, as patience wears thin the less diplomatic it will become. I always try send messages in public where possible, so everyone knows the score.

Everyone has a right to post here, so long as its in a repectable manner, sadly as noted in the locked thread that respect is lacking. I only ever have to step in as a moderator if someone(s) is causing problems. And thats exactly what has happened here.

To recap....why do you even view a thread of a club you have no interest in? Let alone post in it? I don't want an answer, as I heard the stories time and time again, and don't care to hear anymore.

Its a simple and very easy to follow request. And I wouldn't have to step in if some people didn't make such a problem. Thats why I've had to step in, its not a power trip - nobody's been banned. But talking of powers etc, from looking at rtms etc, it does appear there is a situation here where two sides are out to deconstructively taint the image of the other side. And that is what I find unacceptable and uncalled for.

Its just me saying you guys need to live and let live and respect the fact that users and member of various clubs can and are allowed post here without the need for any snide remarks from those who have a chip on their shoulder about their existance or members who are part of it.

So take it easy and chill. There is no need to make an issue out of the fact people you may not like can post here. There are plenty of people we don't like in life and normally we would distance ourselves from them without causing a scene. It should be no different here.

So to end, the best way to avoid futher 'moderator meddling' I'm simply asking you keep in the mind the following:

Don't like CSC (or their members)?...ignore them.

Don't like SWS (or their members)?...ignore them.

Thread closed as I'm not going to entertain the other character assasinations here. As I only act when a justifyable need calls for it.

Regards

AL

Last edited by ALi-B; 03 May 2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03 May 2012, 12:56 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by S10WRC
When i PM'd him to argue and accused him of playing God, he wiped all of my threads and told me not to post in there any more (despite the fact i've been paying to post in there for several years). What a ***ker
S10WRC:

To clarify, your removal of adverts was actually the result of discussion between moderators and admin of your selling activities with regards to the quantity and type of goods being advertised. We decided that it constituted as using the forum as part of a income which requires different fees and Stu's direct authorisation. It was this that resulted in your adverts being removed. Not some grudge or 'playing god'.

This was not my sole decision, although I was the one who did the dirty work of removing and notifying. So please do not assume that the messenger is the only one doing all the work. Kieran used to do it, but he was overwhelmed at the time (and hence his resulting departure).

The merging of your threads etc was IIRC a result of complaints from other users who felt you were hogging the sales section.

I hope that clarifes this and that we have acted without prejudice. If you doubt this, you can ask Stu, as he can review the dicussion threads created in regards the selling activity.

Last edited by ALi-B; 03 May 2012 at 12:58 PM.