FAO Ali-B 2

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2012, 01:35 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default FAO Ali-B 2

Hello Everyone.

Diplomacy is a two way street, and this issue in this section happened too many times before, so its pretty obvious diplomacy doesn't work and use of a more firm tone is required, as patience wears thin the less diplomatic it will become. I always try send messages in public where possible, so everyone knows the score.

Everyone has a right to post here, so long as its in a repectable manner, sadly as noted in the locked thread that respect is lacking. I only ever have to step in as a moderator if someone(s) is causing problems. And thats exactly what has happened here.

To recap....why do you even view a thread of a club you have no interest in? Let alone post in it? I don't want an answer, as I heard the stories time and time again, and don't care to hear anymore.

Its a simple and very easy to follow request. And I wouldn't have to step in if some people didn't make such a problem. Thats why I've had to step in, its not a power trip - nobody's been banned. But talking of powers etc, from looking at rtms etc, it does appear there is a situation here where two sides are out to deconstructively taint the image of the other side. And that is what I find unacceptable and uncalled for.

Its just me saying you guys need to live and let live and respect the fact that users and member of various clubs can and are allowed post here without the need for any snide remarks from those who have a chip on their shoulder about their existance or members who are part of it.

So take it easy and chill. There is no need to make an issue out of the fact people you may not like can post here. There are plenty of people we don't like in life and normally we would distance ourselves from them without causing a scene. It should be no different here.

So to end, the best way to avoid futher 'moderator meddling' I'm simply asking you keep in the mind the following:

Don't like CSC (or their members)?...ignore them.

Don't like SWS (or their members)?...ignore them.

Thread closed as I'm not going to entertain the other character assasinations here. As I only act when a justifyable need calls for it.

Regards

AL

Ali,

You fail to grasp a few issues with the problems between CSC and the SWS section.

1. The CSC website is pretty much a closed shop and restricted to the "funny handshake" crowd.

2. Unlike SN a very small minority control access and content.

3. SWS did have a beef with them some time ago, and as you say too many threads of this type keep appearing, but who starts them off? As that person been banned or PM with a caution?

4. When we both turned up at a go-kart meet the bravado disappeared.

5. As a show of solidarity are they ever next to us at a show?

As a Moderator you can pretty much do as you wish. Silver Scooby Sport is also a Moderator and as been a victim of the snide comment and innuendo in the past but like most of us, ignores it. Perhaps he is showing his un-biased and diplomatic view by getting a non-Welsh section member to intervene? To coin the phrase, "what we have here is a failure to communicate" and by just closing down the thread you have helped the situation along. It's helped the weasly little tool who started this to sit back with glee and laugh but as they say, he will reap what he sows.

If the issue was race, personal or bigotry then zap it, but that does not happen in the NSR? There are people on there who should be looked at by the civil authorities but we then start to get into the Civil Rights and Freedom of Speech issues.

And to exercise my right with freedom of speech, unlike the people in Homs, I think you have been a bit of a **** on this occassion (comment which is normal for some trolls on the NSR area) and got into something you know nothing about. Perhaps you should come visit and see if your olive branch will work?

Only God can judge me.
Old 03 May 2012, 02:36 PM
THE DOCTOR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As Admin of CSC I will respond to the closed shop accusation...

The CSC forum is a hobby forum and therefore cannot afford to instigate the software required to prevent the forum being spammed out by drug and sex spam sites. This means all membership has to be activated by myself or the other Administrator Andy.

All are welcome, but as a family friendly site we tolerate no swearing or personal attacks on members, therefore we do chose to delete/remove any member causing offence.

These rules are clearly displayed on the forum.

As for Baiting, the member who posted the locked thread was just sharing the good news with the rest of the Welsh section that we had actually won something after 4 years of trying.

I have spoken to that member and no malice was intended, but unfortunately the thread just degenerated down a road that we have been down so many times before.

The bottom line is that this may be a case of what appears to be 2 clubs disagreeing but more importantly it is a case of fellow SN members abusing other members, so I feel the Moderator has acted correctly in the situation.

As for solidarity, Big Daz will back me up in the fact that we have requested before to have joint stands/meets etc... but this has not happened.

CSC is not a closed handshake society, anyone is welcome to join, BUT the kind of comments and abuse that takes place on here will not be tolerated.

As for Bravado, I was at that meet, I believe and know that Big Daz and Julian discussed man to man civilly so there was no disappearance of bravado.

I will once again re-iterate that as the admin of CSC I am more than willing to meet anyone and discuss any issues they have with CSC and resolve any differences. This is not just word play, I have attended a SWS meet before to discuss issues and would happily do it again if it stops all this nonsense.
Old 03 May 2012, 03:13 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
Ali,

You fail to grasp a few issues with the problems between CSC and the SWS section.

1. The CSC website is pretty much a closed shop and restricted to the "funny handshake" crowd.

2. Unlike SN a very small minority control access and content.

3. SWS did have a beef with them some time ago, and as you say too many threads of this type keep appearing, but who starts them off? As that person been banned or PM with a caution?

4. When we both turned up at a go-kart meet the bravado disappeared.

5. As a show of solidarity are they ever next to us at a show?

As a Moderator you can pretty much do as you wish. Silver Scooby Sport is also a Moderator and as been a victim of the snide comment and innuendo in the past but like most of us, ignores it. Perhaps he is showing his un-biased and diplomatic view by getting a non-Welsh section member to intervene? To coin the phrase, "what we have here is a failure to communicate" and by just closing down the thread you have helped the situation along. It's helped the weasly little tool who started this to sit back with glee and laugh but as they say, he will reap what he sows.

If the issue was race, personal or bigotry then zap it, but that does not happen in the NSR? There are people on there who should be looked at by the civil authorities but we then start to get into the Civil Rights and Freedom of Speech issues.

And to exercise my right with freedom of speech, unlike the people in Homs, I think you have been a bit of a **** on this occassion (comment which is normal for some trolls on the NSR area) and got into something you know nothing about. Perhaps you should come visit and see if your olive branch will work?

Only God can judge me.

The points you just mentioned in this thread as valid as you feel looks to me as just a case of getting one up over on CSC (and maybe me? ). You fight SWS's corner as expected by putting points against CSC, and its this point scoring I'm fed up with. It needs to stop, its not constructive and it causes more problems than it solves, because now you've done it you've basically left amunition and a wide open invite for CSC to respond to your post (as noted above). The past has proven it won't get you anywhere.

I don't care if there is another forum off SN and I don't care how closed circle it is or claimed to be, just saying that will cause issues in itself. FWIW I don't think it matters anyway if that is the way they want to run it. For example the BOTW forum is equally exclusive, yet many of its members freely post on here. SN is alot more open and non selective, and that is why we hardly ever ban anyone.

What I want to state is this situation is not going to change. What is on SN and only SN is my main concern, and ist pretty obvious grudges are going to continue. This is alot more personal than an random NSR generic racist iphone troll thread.

What is wrong about a 'congratulation CSC scoobies'? Sure, read into with a cynical mind and you may think its baiting or whatever. If you read into anything enough with a large enough chip, you are going to twist it into meaning something else.

Anyway, so what if it really was trolling/baiting? See here https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...-trolling.html

This what we've been doing for years in NSR: Tolerate or ignore. Otherwise you become part of the problem.

What happened instead? Well, look at the thread....If it was baiting, well you've all fell into that trap hook line and sinker. So more the fool you if you posted whilst knowing that. Now here we are just carrying it on, much to their assumed amusment (if thats how you want to visualise it).

So with that in mind, the sensible thing is to just let it drop and follow my advice, because even now we are all "playing into their hands".

I've given you all the answer on what I feel is best to do about it for the foreseable future. If you ignore my advice then unfortunetly you become part of the problem.

Feel free to PM another mod for their take on it (presuming they want to take the extra time and hassle), just be aware and understanding that if you call on SSS to act on your behalf, you can put him in a impossible situation, which is why in the past he sometimes has to call on us to have a look. Not that this has happened this time, but I'd prefer you keep that in mind before dragging into it, for the fear of any bias accusations on teh prior issue you have mentioned.

Call me a **** if you like, but insulting people isn't going to help them get on your side, be it meeting them or not, is it? Just makes you live up to my view that I originally stated in the first locked thread.

Regards

AL

Last edited by ALi-B; 03 May 2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03 May 2012, 03:32 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Alsieboy,

Would "mjones" attend?

He's caused all this, now and in the past.
Old 03 May 2012, 03:36 PM
THE DOCTOR
Scooby Regular

pm sent
Old 03 May 2012, 04:47 PM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alsieboy
As Admin of CSC I will respond to the closed shop accusation...

The CSC forum is a hobby forum and therefore cannot afford to instigate the software required to prevent the forum being spammed out by drug and sex spam sites. This means all membership has to be activated by myself or the other Administrator Andy.

All are welcome, but as a family friendly site we tolerate no swearing or personal attacks on members, therefore we do chose to delete/remove any member causing offence.

These rules are clearly displayed on the forum.

As for Baiting, the member who posted the locked thread was just sharing the good news with the rest of the Welsh section that we had actually won something after 4 years of trying.

I have spoken to that member and no malice was intended, but unfortunately the thread just degenerated down a road that we have been down so many times before.

The bottom line is that this may be a case of what appears to be 2 clubs disagreeing but more importantly it is a case of fellow SN members abusing other members, so I feel the Moderator has acted correctly in the situation.

As for solidarity, Big Daz will back me up in the fact that we have requested before to have joint stands/meets etc... but this has not happened.

CSC is not a closed handshake society, anyone is welcome to join, BUT the kind of comments and abuse that takes place on here will not be tolerated.

As for Bravado, I was at that meet, I believe and know that Big Daz and Julian discussed man to man civilly so there was no disappearance of bravado.

I will once again re-iterate that as the admin of CSC I am more than willing to meet anyone and discuss any issues they have with CSC and resolve any differences. This is not just word play, I have attended a SWS meet before to discuss issues and would happily do it again if it stops all this nonsense.
Why was i banned from csc? i'll try and join again my friend
Old 03 May 2012, 05:05 PM
wrxgreen
Scooby Regular

send a request i i will activate you no problem at all

Trending Topics

Old 03 May 2012, 10:25 PM
big daz2
Scooby Senior

To Put some clarity into this as my name has been mentioned, Alsieboy (sorry forgoten your actual name) you have on more than one occasion asked to work together and share one club stand imho this would have worked because i believe that as enthusiasts, we should be able to work together and enjoy each others company, but in reality i dont think this could ever happen because of the logistics and organising that many cars, is not an easy task. I also think we are probably past that point of no return.
You Alsieboy raise some very good points and i have always found you freindly and inviting but there is others in your group that arnt quite as accommodating and do find pleasure in winding others up and if you are honest with yourself you will admit that. I congratulate you all at CSC for winning the best stand on saturday. I was there and imho there were better stands not any that i was involved in or knew anybody on but others that i looked at. I will say though a club stand isnt just judged on the qaulity of the cars alone but on the effort and organisation that has been put in. so keep up the good work.

For those that dont know.

SWS was originally set up by a group of like minded enthusiasts, that happend to meet on scoobynet and all lived in wales and met in the welsh section. we would meet up mid week and arrange shows and events. To be recocnised as an official club we needed a name and SWS was born and still actively living. We started meeting at the new inn pub in Langstone newport but this proved to far for some so we moved to Carvery cardiff and stayed there as our unofficial home to this day. The founder members built the club on pride, integrity and mainly love for our cars. And to get away from the wifes for a bit.

When Kev the RO of SWS stepped down Julian was made the RO of SWS as a unanimous vote, as he had visions to help charitys and run many events and make the club as family freindly as possible. As such many people, including me felt hurt that my believes and way we wanted the club to continue wernt being fullfilled. so we expressed our feelings. CSC was born some went over to CSC and some came back because they didnt like what they saw each to there own.

I tell you all this because some may look upon this as 2 groups of childish people rowing over silly things but actuly there is true passion involved with both clubs and each club has proven track records in diffrent areas but 2 very diffrent visions.
Old 03 May 2012, 11:41 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Well you're right about the passion. What it should be is about is the cars and getting together. Even if its different goals and different cliques there's alot of common ground.

And in the end of the day regardless of club affiliation or not, people will always end up being confronted with someone they dislike. So its coping with that in a manner that doesn't ruin the craic for everyone else and set ill feeling between groups on various sides.

Sure if someone really is being out of line and abusive, have a word. Moreso if a member in the same club as yourself because their actions spoil the images of both the clubs to those outside of it ( me = outsider ).

Sure things are never going to be ideal or how everyone wants it, but thats just part of taking the rough with the smooth. Things happened in the past, but that doesn't have to mean it has to keep happening in the future? All I want is people to get on, ignore the bad things, agree to disagree and focus on the goods and positives.

Anyway. I'm off on my jollies, just letting you all know, as I won't be able to answer any replies/PMs etc.

Cheers

AL