Notices

FAO Ali B #3

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2012, 11:32 PM
S10WRC
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default FAO Ali B #3

With reference to the earlier thread (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/9...l#post10606409) which you have locked:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJD Mk1
With reference to your post on the now locked thread you don't know me one jot so please don't jump to assumptions about people or subjects that you know nothing about.

You may well be a Mod and you may well have the power but don't think for one second that your conclusions are correct.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
Perhaps Ali-B is right but could he/she not have PM'd the concerned parties?

As a Moderator, I thought that diplomacy, tact and common sense would be your mantra.

I've recently had similar issues with Ali-B myself.

A couple of months ago he took it upon himself to 'butcher' together my threads in the 'Parts for Sale' section as i had bumped them to the top. A simple PM was all that was needed, but instead he abused his power and merged them all together in an illogical mess

When i PM'd him to argue and accused him of playing God, he wiped all of my threads and told me not to post in there any more (despite the fact i've been paying to post in there for several years). What a ***ker

I fully respect that moderators have a job to do, but this guy is way out of order IMO. He thinks he's above the members of this forum and can do whatever the hell he likes

Time he was brought down a few pegs methinks

Moderator eviction anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S10WRC
When i PM'd him to argue and accused him of playing God, he wiped all of my threads and told me not to post in there any more (despite the fact i've been paying to post in there for several years). What a ***ker

S10WRC:

To clarify, your removal of adverts was actually the result of discussion between moderators and admin of your selling activities with regards to the quantity and type of goods being advertised. We decided that it constituted as using the forum as part of a income which requires different fees and Stu's direct authorisation. It was this that resulted in your adverts being removed. Not some grudge or 'playing god'.

This was not my sole decision, although I was the one who did the dirty work of removing and notifying. So please do not assume that the messenger is the only one doing all the work. Kieran used to do it, but he was overwhelmed at the time (and hence his resulting departure).

The merging of your threads etc was IIRC a result of complaints from other users who felt you were hogging the sales section.

I hope that clarifes this and that we have acted without prejudice. If you doubt this, you can ask Stu, as he can review the dicussion threads created in regards the selling activity.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"To clarify, your removal of adverts was actually the result of discussion between moderators and admin of your selling activities with regards to the quantity and type of goods being advertised."

1. Was i advertising contraband or stolen goods? NO
2. Was i advertising a greater quantity or value of goods than other Scoobynet members? NO
3. Was i contacted by any member of Scoobynet admin to query the quantity or type of goods being advertised? NO
4. Was the action taken by yourself/admin fair and reasonable? Absolutely Not!

"We decided that it constituted as using the forum as part of a income which requires different fees and Stu's direct authorisation. It was this that resulted in your adverts being removed."

1. Was i contacted by any member of admin to raise concern/query? NO
2. Was i the only member selling goods using multiple for sale threads? NO
3. Are there a number of Scoobynet members generating income by breaking cars and selling vast quantities of parts using multiple for sale threads? Quite clearly YES
4. Was your action in removing all of my threads - which i had invested a lot of time/effort into - without any warning whatsoever fair or reasonable? Absolutely Not !

"The merging of your threads etc was IIRC a result of complaints from other users who felt you were hogging the sales section."

1. Was i contacted by any member of admin and requested to merge my threads together? NO
2. Would this not have been a far simpler/fairer and more diplomatic course of action? Quite clerly YES
3. Did you simply abuse your power as a moderator in order to 'show off' to whichever sad ***ker complained about me 'hogging the sales section'? Quite obviously YES

"I hope that clarifes this and that we have acted without prejudice. If you doubt this, you can ask Stu, as he can review the dicussion threads created in regards the selling activity. "

It's abundantly clear that your actions were a direct result of my response to your totally unjustified and unreasonable meddleing with my sale threads. There are a number of members who continue to use the 'Private for sale' section with far greater regularity and are generating far more income than i ever have done (i need not mention names as we all know who they are). If you have acted 'without prejudice' as you say, then why am i the only one who's had his threads wiped and been treated like a criminal?

I think its time to make a stand against this this kind of heavy-handed 'moderating'. What goes around comes around Ali, now it's time to face the music and start treating us with the respect and courtesy we deserve

Steve

Last edited by S10WRC; 03 May 2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old 04 May 2012, 01:49 AM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, I'm not going to try and quote and reply to each point individually as I'll probably get all mixed up, so I will do my best to summarise. Hopefully I will cover your points.

According to a previous moderator discussion, you were PM'd in February regarding your posts and they were removed. At that time, it was noted that you had not replied to the PM. I don't know if you did at a later date, but there is no word that you did. As Ali has pointed out, Kieran was dealing with traders or suspected traders but the workload was too much for one person, and from what I can gather he didn't personally get in touch, Ali did at that time.

As for the quality part, I can't really comment, but with regards to volume, at the time action was taken, you had multiple items for sale that were new and more than just one of each, so not a case of simply selling something on that you no longer wish to use. Hence it was decided at that point that you didn't fall into the category of a private seller.

As for mentioning about other sellers/traders....a lot of the time, we are drawn to such activity due to members alerting us and we look into those RTMs. We will then discuss the member concerned and whether their activity does fall into the trader category or not. There is no prejudice, we look into all the people reported to us and act accordingly, some trader queries take a bit longer to deal with and can be less clear cut, so it may appear like we are inactive, that is not the case. All I can say is the last piece of information with regards to you, until now, was that you had been sent a PM and a reply had not been sent.

Also, when it comes to other people doing things they shouldn't be, that is what the RTM button is for. When it comes to sales activity, we do rely on feedback from our members, and that is how we were alerted to you, not just recently, but earlier this year. If you feel other people have broken the rules, then point them out, don't just say 'we all know who they are'. If you are not willing to provide some information to us, it isn't really fair to complain. And for the record, you are not the only one to have posts removed by a long shot.

Where multiple items are concerned, I took the time to post a sticky in the FS section to politely ask members to post in one thread as it was totally unfair on other paying members to have their posts swallowed up by selfish members posting everything individually. In my opinion, unless there is a significant amount of time between sales, it is just common courtesy to keep items in one place, we shouldn't even have to ask for people to show some decency to other people trying to make a sale. Sadly we had to, and not all that long ago I dealt with a few different members, merging their ads. Again, don't think you were singled out, you weren't, and to also reiterate, we are often alerted by other members and act on that. If people can' follow a simple request posted in the section, right at the top of the page, if they are picked up on, they will be subject to the same action as you were initially. Just because somebody else may do something, it doesn't become a free for all, and if people are going against the rules, report them.

I am sure you will have points to make back, and I have tried to answer those so far as best I can at this late hour. Don't think I am ignoring you, but I probably won't get back on here until this evening (fri). I will then do my best to reply to any further points raised then.
Old 08 May 2012, 12:16 AM
S10WRC
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello Lisa,

Thank you for your prompt reply at such a late hour . I'm sorry for the delay with my response, have been away a few days.

I don't wish to ramble on about this but will address your comments briefly:-

1. I was not contacted by Ali-B prior to him either merging or wiping my threads. Action was taken on both occasions without any notification or warning. Regardless of right or wrong, this is simply not an acceptable way to treat a member of the forum.

2. The goods i was selling were a mixture of new and used items. In hindsight, perhaps some items could be viewed as trading, but i can assure you they were being sold for little or no profit. I simply import parts in bulk for my own cars (I own three Impreza's BTW ) to take advantage of discounts and then pass the savings on to other forum members. This helps me to keep down the cost of running my own cars and everyone gets a bargain, well that was the idea anyway . I apologise if i was breaking the rules in doing this, but didn't realise it was a crime.

3. With regard to reporting other members to you for excessive trading, quite frankly i would never stoop so low (although i'd be happy to say who they are if you were to identify the ***ker who is reporting these alleged 'traders' to you? We can all stone them then ).

4. As for selling multiple items in one thread, that's fair enough if all items are related (i.e. suspension parts, exhausts, engine parts etc.) but not so good otherwise IMO. If there is concern over the parts section being too congested, would it not be a good idea to break it down into different categories and make it simpler for members to find what they're looking for at the same time?

Regardless of the above, my message is very simple: Ali-B has evidently stepped over the line on several occasions, and i'm not the only one who's had enough of his apparent lack of respect for the members of this forum.

Quite simply he needs to come down off his power-trip and learn to treat us as human beings, with the courtesy and respect which we deserve.

I look forward to your reply and invite other members to make their comments should they have any (or the ***** to post them ).

Steve

Last edited by S10WRC; 08 May 2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old 08 May 2012, 01:49 AM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

As it is late, I'll try and be brief but we can obviously go into more detail at another point.

I can only comment due to the information to hand and that was that Ali had contacted you via PM and you hadn't replied, no update was made so I can only assume that is how it was left. To be honest, only Ali can confirm this and not that I am leaving him out to dry, I'm not, he will have to fill us/me in on that point.

I take on board your points about trading/number of parts, but when it comes to issues like this, we do usually get pointed to members by other members and enter into a discussion from there. Again going back to what I last heard, you had been contacted but didn't reply, if this is not the case maybe we/ you and Stu need to have a chat and reach an actual conclusion rather than things being left up in the air. Ultimately it is down to Stu to decide finally whether somebody is deemed a trader or not. As mods we just act on information given at a given point in time, we don't finalise anything with regards to traders/or not as the case may be.

I'm sure you can understand, but I can't give out names of people that RTM posts. Just as I would assume you may not be happy if I put your name out there if you did ever feel the need to contact us in private for any reason. You may feel such an action is unfair by members, but when it comes to selling, usually people report posts based on what they see as fair and if somebody looks to be trading, they will bring it to our attention largely because they feel it unfair some pay and some don't. Again, if this is not the case with you, you and Stu need to have a chat to sort that out, the same advice I'd give anyone else, as he is the man for this

Multiple items being sold is a sticking point with a lot of members here as this does cause bad feeling as it can clog up the FS area, and make people feel their threads are being swallowed up. There are pros and cons for splitting up the section further and they were discussed by the mods quite a while ago, leading to how it is now. If it is ok with you, I'll discuss this a bit more tomorrow as I'll admit I'm shattered and need to get to bed, so I have a chance of getting up for work in the morning.

I hope something in all of that has been some use to you Like I say, I'll back on tomorrow to discuss further. For now...need sleep