Notices

How much or what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2013, 12:31 PM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How much or what to do?

Morning all just wondering if I was to take my classic to over 400bhp what gearbox would you all suggest I get and where from and how much would I be looking at also should I get a 2.5 lump put in the car if so again where can I source one from and how much would I be looking at to get all the bits needed. I'm really struggling here people as to if I mod my classic to the next level as I really love her but can I justify spending the kind of money involved in modding her and tidying her up body wise etc or buy a newer model a sti or similar have around 4k plus what ever I get for my Scooby if I sell her. HELP
Old 25 May 2013, 12:41 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy a newage STI and mod that,

Thats what I'm doing, I sold my old 450BHP Type R and starting all over again with a newage STI.

I'd bought the Type R fully modded and just drove it. I loved it but it didn't feel like It had my stamp on it.

The newage is just nicer to drive and comes with so much more as standard (6 speed box, Better brakes, bigger wheels, nicer interior etc) plus the standard engine should see 400bhp with out trouble.

There are bargins out there, I only paid £4450 for an 03 STI with 53k on the clock, granted it had a sticker kit on and roof vent but this only drove the price down (paid £150 to have these removed and the paint corrected)