Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2013, 08:09 PM
nickysplendid
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sti8 v9 or evo 8 fq300

fellas - im wavering here.
I just can't decide on what to go for.
Can any of you experienced folk give me the pros and cons of evo 8 ownership?
:-)
Old 16 September 2013, 07:21 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

One of the cons is you get a diffrent sort of a wave from scooby drivers ,,think it will be more like this

Only joking ,,, the evo didn't have enough inside it for me when I went to look at the two ,, the scoob seemed a much bett all round road car
Old 16 September 2013, 09:38 AM
nickysplendid
Scooby Regular

lol!!

what about build quality etc.?

i've been warned and probs with struts on the scoob?
Old 16 September 2013, 10:00 AM
Piston Rings
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by nickysplendid
lol!!

what about build quality etc.?

i've been warned and probs with struts on the scoob?
I had the same choice to make in 2010 and went for a STI hatch which was a lovely car to drive but at less than 20k miles the engine failed and subaru IM group was some expierience to get a warranty from them. I made the mistake of not doing enough homework on the subaru as they had a great name up to the point of making the Hatch STI but that went for many drivers and the dealers were hung out to dry from the IM group supplying the cars to them. If its not a hatch u should have no major problems, wishing u the best of luck in your decision.....ex hatch owner
Old 16 September 2013, 11:00 AM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

If you ask on here most will say a Scooby and if you ask the same on mlr forum most will say evo

you need to do a lot of research and have a good look and even drive them then you can make your own mind which is best for you

I say Scooby lol
Old 16 September 2013, 11:32 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Every car as it's faults, new, secondhand or restored minters. There is no such thing as a perfect, built proof rebuild or upgrade.

What you will find as Lee said, each to there own. I know the MLR register can be "my BHP is better than your!" and a bit more abrupt in their replies. Both Scoobs and Evo's have there merits but it's what floats your boat. Many new cars are now forced induction to get the power gains, many people still love the NA route.

To me the flat four burble and the high revving JDM twin scroll scream are just . Less drivers aides make it a better drivers car for me.

The Evo sound of a dust bin full of knives and forks being rattled around is not my thing. Too much electronic switchery going on.

But the rivalry between the two is like Mercedes/Audi/BMW but they are cars for the masses. Don't go with the flock and be a BMW/Audi **** or be a berk in a Merc. I am having time out and scratching the MX5 rear wheel drive itch and having a hoot, it's a damn sight cheaper too!

You just have to drive them back to back, get to some marque meets, have a chat and then decide.

The ball as been battered over the fence into your garden
Old 16 September 2013, 01:52 PM
tarquin crispin
Scooby Regular

ive had both the ix mr fq 360 that was running at 448bhp, and now ive got a jdm hawkeye running about 400bhp not much difference between the 2 however running cost are every 6 months/4,500 miles for a service with the evo, then theres the road tax £480 insurance was doubled compared to the scoob, the scoob feels much wider than evo and more planted imho, however you can get more horses out of the evo ix mr engine than the scoob for 2-3k

Trending Topics

Old 19 September 2013, 08:37 AM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Location: Secretly saving for another Blobeye STI. Crystal Grey. Widetrack

As Lee said above, if you come onto a Subaru forum and ask which car would people prefer there is going to be a huge bias towards Subaru.

I love the Evo but wouldn't buy one. But I love R32 Skylines aswell and wouldn't buy one of them either.

I think either the Scoob or the Evo will give you huge satisfaction but its a matter of which can you honestly live with day to day?

For me it will always be a Scooby... but I do love the Evo's

Good luck on your hunt... see you back here when you have bought your Scooby. Go on, you know it makes sense.