Notices

Advice needed?

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2013, 12:03 AM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Advice needed?

It's time for a change of motor and I'm torn between a uk wrx sti 03/04 plate or a jdm wrx sti Blobeye. I have seen a 03 jdm sti with 53,000 on the clock 350 bhp 350lbs torque body work in good nick and also has service history for £8,400 is this about right or is it a bit much or do I get a uk wrx sti for around 6-7k seen quite a few at this price and put a grand's worth of subtle mods? I'm struggling what to do people and I desperately need help what to do.
Old 28 November 2013, 04:44 PM
gregwill
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi mate has the 03 jdm already had the few subtle mods put on it for it to be running 350/350? I imagine so. It has nice low millage, I would make sure it has full service history ect aswell. Also I think the jdm would have the dccd on it where as an 03/04 uk sti wouldn't, someone will correct me if im wrong. Either one I don't think you would be disappointed but my vote goes for the jdm.

Greg
Old 28 November 2013, 04:49 PM
dave_t
Scooby Regular

as ever, check out both...you can never tell by descriptions.
Buy the one that makes you smile!
Old 02 December 2013, 11:33 PM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular

Yes the jdm has 350/350 on a 03 plate with 55,000 on the clock with full service history or there is a wrx sti for sale again around the £8,000 mark with 440/440 but has 80,000 on the clock again with full service history. The decision I need help with is do I buy the lower mileage but less power jdm or buy the higher mileage but more power wrx sti. I'm aware I should drive both but just wanted opinions on what others would opt for. HELP PLEASE
Old 03 December 2013, 08:12 AM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

You can always buy my UK wrx sti with ppp and 53000 on clock with 2 owners and very well looked after with a few nice modz and it's very clean inside and out yours for only 7k my friend

It's not advertised for sale or not bothered about selling it but if someone offered 7k I would let it go

Pic here

https://www.scoobynet.com/members-ga...b-sti-ppp.html

Last edited by The Stitcher; 03 December 2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old 03 December 2013, 11:01 AM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular

Always someone who throws a spanner in the works isn't it lol. Message me the full spec mate service history, mods and bhp etc and I will take a look.
Old 03 December 2013, 06:14 PM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular

Anyone else with any suggestions what they would do?
Old 03 December 2013, 06:38 PM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

Like everyone (all of us) you've quoted power figures, so I guess they play some sort of part in your decision. You'll therefore want proof of mapping and some charts I'd say.

Next, test drive and as Dave_T said - whichever puts the biggest smile on your face.
Although 350/350 should be dwarfed by 440/440 there's a possibility that you wouldn't be able to use the whole lot in anger much anyway, given the roads and traffic conditions around these parts of the world.

I can't comment in the WRX or STi, UK or JDM debate because I haven't driven them all.

I personally would prefer lower mileage to higher, provided it's reasonable (2k per year on average means much standing about etc) but given that the higher mileage one must have had a fair bit of work done, given the power, then you might actually find that a lot of the engine parts haven't done as much as the JDM.
Old 03 December 2013, 06:41 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

I've had both uk Sti and now Jdm Sti and for me it's the Jdm.

I was a little unsure at first jumping from my uk non dccd car in to this Jdm with dccd but soon found my feet. I do miss the burble of the uk car but the exhaust note of the twinscroll on full boost is awesome IMO fair to say I don't miss it all that much myself now but still love the sound of one when it passes.

Jdm you can extract more power from it on the basic setup of that of a uk Sti, twinscroll helps a lot in this department and the vf37 is a pretty decent turbo for standard.

Also I reckon the Jdm will hold its value better

Given the choice of the 2 now I would have a Jdm, but if I couldn't find one I liked for my money then I would also have another uk car, they both great cars really, just totally different to drive IMHO
Old 03 December 2013, 07:01 PM
gregwill
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Infected by sti
I've had both uk Sti and now Jdm Sti and for me it's the Jdm.

I was a little unsure at first jumping from my uk non dccd car in to this Jdm with dccd but soon found my feet. I do miss the burble of the uk car but the exhaust note of the twinscroll on full boost is awesome IMO fair to say I don't miss it all that much myself now but still love the sound of one when it passes.

Jdm you can extract more power from it on the basic setup of that of a uk Sti, twinscroll helps a lot in this department and the vf37 is a pretty decent turbo for standard.

Also I reckon the Jdm will hold its value better

Given the choice of the 2 now I would have a Jdm, but if I couldn't find one I liked for my money then I would also have another uk car, they both great cars really, just totally different to drive IMHO

+1
Old 04 December 2013, 01:59 AM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

And there you go - nothing like experience.

Fwiw I don't think anything would come near a JDM ('95 WRX I had was FAR better than the '97 Cat).

Current one has no real comparison (never owned a Newage UK anything).