Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

Advice Wanted on Colour Coding

Search this Thread

Old 13 June 2002, 12:53 PM
The Maive
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive got an MY00 and want to colour code the sills down the side under the doors and the black bit under the rear bumper ( You know what I mean )

Anyway I was wondering if anyone has had it done in the North West area, was it a good job and how much?

I asked the local Subaru garage who enthusiastically said yes when telling me the price - Yeh right! I could buy some new ones from MRO painted up and still have change in my pocket.

Any advice/help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris
Old 13 June 2002, 01:06 PM
Homer Simpson
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Go to any bodyshop, and they will be able to do it. I guess recommendations work better than just plucking one out of the Yellow Pages.

Make sure they key the plastic, and use proper plastic primer.

Mine was done locally in Hampshire (via a dealer) and the finish has lasted more than 3 years. My mate had his done by a dealer in the Sheffield area, and it started peeling after 6 months! And that was because they were cutting corners and didn't bother with the right primer!

The cheapest option isn't always the best. But then I got mine done for £500!!! Although they did throw in a Prodrive spoiler (painted and fitted) along with painting the mirrors as well as the side skirts!

[Edited by Homer Simpson - 6/13/2002 1:08:37 PM]
Old 14 June 2002, 12:23 PM
The Maive
Scooby Regular

Homer,

£500 sounds like a pretty good price considering the Prodrive spoiler fitted and painted and then the sills and mirrors done.

I was quoted £350 just to to do the sills!! Not sure if that is meant to be the going rate but if it is then its a disgrace.

I had my old 106 GTi broken in too and they bust the lock and punctured the door, I need a new lock, fitted etc.. and then the side of the car needed repainting, cost me £180 all in.

How can it possibly cost £350 to just do a little bit of painting.

It was the way the guy said it aswell, " oh yeah no problem we can do it that easily and its only £350 "

WHAT! They should be wearing a mask, daylight robbery that.