Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

i need an import

Search this Thread

Old 24 February 2005, 12:34 AM
burbs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need an import

Hi

My first post. I dont have a Subaru but i am currently in the process of buying 1. I want to get a nice import, i will be willing to spend around £8000 but rather less than more really as it is my first.

I dont have a clue where to go to get one. Do i source it myself from Japan and if so how and where? do i get it from an auction or a dealer or what? as you can see i really do not have a clue.

I have been told i can save a lot of money if i source 1 myself so any advice would be good.

also i dont have a clue what sort i want. i have looked on autotrader and i saw a grey WRX - R STI Ver 5. I really like that if anybody has any points about this?

thank you for any help
Old 24 February 2005, 12:37 AM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by burbs
Hi

My first post. I dont have a Subaru but i am currently in the process of buying 1. I want to get a nice import, i will be willing to spend around £8000 but rather less than more really as it is my first.

I dont have a clue where to go to get one. Do i source it myself from Japan and if so how and where? do i get it from an auction or a dealer or what? as you can see i really do not have a clue.

I have been told i can save a lot of money if i source 1 myself so any advice would be good.

also i dont have a clue what sort i want. i have looked on autotrader and i saw a grey WRX - R STI Ver 5. I really like that if anybody has any points about this?

thank you for any help
yes mate u may save the odd pounds here n there but the thing is if the cars been in the country for a while id rather settle for one as such as u have reassurance before buying. With a grey import although looking nice on pics may not turn out as expected.

I myself have very rare Version 5 Sti Wagon in Black. If u want pics i can send them to ya. Just put it in auto trader today at 9495 but offers welcome
Old 24 February 2005, 04:44 PM
martin850
Scooby Regular

Hi my mate has got his MY94 WRX import in the for sale section under "Cheap scooby".

Don't worry about the paint work is fine and all one colour it is just how the light is falling on the car.

Martin
Old 24 February 2005, 06:30 PM
BRIAN "H"
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hi I have a mint 94 WRX with sensible mods on, for sale only looking for 4990 for it, well looked after etc.If you want some pics let me know. I am after a diesel due to lots of mototrway driving
Old 24 February 2005, 08:00 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

You really really need to know your stuff before buying an import - they are not run of the mill and you can easily end up buying a bad one.

They require Optimax and normally octane booster in every tank to run as they were designed. The STi5 is a case in point, with many blowing up purely due to lack of knowledge by the owner. People mod them, run them on crap fuel and wonder why they go pop. No reason why they cant be bullet proof in the right hands. Just lurk on here for a few weeks and do your homework....

Also, dont rule out a UK spec car. Everyone seems to want an STi type R straight off, which is fine but a UK car can be very compitent with the right tweaks.

PS - £8k might get you a V4, but not a decent V5 STi

MB
Old 25 February 2005, 09:00 PM
martin850
Scooby Regular

Meant to say that my mate is selling his for £3500 other wise his mum is gonna part ex it in at a merc garage for £2500. Daylight robbery if you ask me.