Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

A322 Convoy Pair -> Bracknell

Search this Thread

Old 06 May 2002, 02:22 PM
Phil Harrison
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

As you say...... it's the 'knock-it-into-first' on the Apex of the hairpin that I can't quite manage And the rest!!

At the risk of boring you.....

M26 after dark behind a pair of trucks doing what pairs of trucks do slowly... when behind me appears a pair of Hyundai Coupe lights. Road clears, so I drop to 5th and nail it. Whereupon the 'Hyundai Coupe' threatens me on the........Inside ...Eh?? So I do the decent thing, whereupon I find the Hyundai Coupe is actually an S-Reg 911 Carrera-something.

Morals: 1 All that glistens isn't sh*t. 2 I DO want PPP

P

[Edited by Phil Harrison - 6/5/2002 2:23:04 PM]
Old 03 June 2002, 05:54 PM
Phil Harrison
Scooby Regular

Question

4 O'clock-ish..Got the Flashes, did wave.... Hi!

Phil
STiUK heading to Bagshot
Old 04 June 2002, 04:07 PM
Scott W
Scooby Regular

Smile

Phil, that was ScoobyJawa and myself

I was in the Wagon, following the 4dr, and we'd just been out for an interesting drive to see the difference between a Tek2 mapped car, and a car running with a Dawes.

It was good to see somebody actually wave/flash back as a lot of people in the area don't!

Nice looking car btw
Old 04 June 2002, 05:05 PM
grahamstocker
Scooby Regular

Scott is it you wiv da tek 2 ?
Old 04 June 2002, 05:50 PM
Phil Harrison
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hi Guys!

Sounds Highly Technical to me! Mine's a standard Prodrive STi UK (with dodgy suspension - see a variety of threads in General and Suspension) and I love it to bits. Toying with the possibility of PPP-ing it....drove with Mike Woods in the development Mule at Warwick ..but I don't pretend to be more that right fluids in the right orifices and boot it type of owner

Not often up your way, though I get to Bisley fairly frequently, and also ride the 322/329M to Reading to see my eldest (329M - hideously bounced by a WRC Blue WRX recently - caught me off boost - but there are limits ! Must have had something done to it tho!!

Any way - Ta for the Flash...put my hand on the windsecreen for you but wasn't sure if you'd seen it!

Cheers

Phil Harrison
Old 04 June 2002, 07:21 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Hi Phil!!!

Thanks for the wave, I did see it Hope we didn't both blind you with the flashes!!!
Very nice car - been out in Mikes car too, that had some serious power - you know you want the PPP for it

Graham, no its my car with the TEK2, I think its just as quick as the Dawes but even more lower in the revs.
Was an interesting run. We had done the same thing before my car was upgraded and there was absolutely nothing in it. Tested again afterwards and mine pulled away lower in revs and mid range, but scotts clawed back higher up, most likely due to the dawes holding boost longer while mine was tailing off. In a straight line drag there was nothing in it at all. My car seemed a little faster accelerating off roundabouts etc though.....

Its also still learning, the ECU was reset and I've done about 1 tank of petrol and 200 miles on the TEK2 so its still learning. The held boost seems to be gradually going up, which would tie in with what J said about his, took about 1 month to fully do what its doing.

Enough waffle, gone totally off topic and bored everyone stupid!!

Cheers
Neil
Old 05 June 2002, 01:10 PM
Scott W
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hi Phil,

I did indeed see you wave back It sounds as though you're having a nightmare with your car I hope it all gets resolved v. quickly.

As Neil (ScoobyJawa) says - you will want the PPP. The car has sooooo much grunt it will certainly justify the expense. All you'll need next is driving lessons from a certain Mr Wood, and then you'll be able to drive like him as well! If only!!!

G - good holiday I hope?
Old 05 June 2002, 02:31 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

lol oops re the 911
Old 05 June 2002, 02:40 PM
Phil Harrison
Scooby Regular

Your system clock's up the shute ScoobyJawa.. timed at 1431, read by me at 1427!! Not even a Dawes-whatever Scooby goes that fast

Phil
Old 05 June 2002, 03:16 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Aha - the TEk2 does add a little time travelling ability to the car
Old 07 June 2002, 05:07 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Phil did you come through Lower Earley and the showcase roundabout onto the A329M? last week sometime I had a Blue WRX following me that way but lost it on the 329M not sure if he wasn't trying or just couldn't keep up but it dissapeared onto the M4. If it wasn't you then it must have been an anonymous driver as nobody actually saw me in the 2 weeks I spent in Lower Earley
Old 07 June 2002, 06:32 PM
Phil Harrison
Scooby Regular

Cool

No, this was Sun 12 May 329M Northbound towards A4 Roundabout. 3 up and a boot full of C**P doing...... enough not to lose my licence Saw the WRX, thought it was another STi UK, acknowledged from in front, didn't knock down to 5th and....Kerboom Once I'd decided it wasn't another STiUK it was time to rationalise being the embarrassment of having been caught out by taking a a decision to..... not lose my licence

Phil
Old 07 June 2002, 06:42 PM
Phil Harrison
Scooby Regular

Question

If you're still there ScoobyJawa, "What do netters do for a living" suggests you're just the man to tell me..... how do I get the animated GIF smilies into a post?? My repertoire is limited to

Is there a convenient URL with the various shortcuts (if shortcut) or syntax - if full syntax needed - what's the template?

Cheers/TIA

Phil

Phil
Old 07 June 2002, 06:48 PM
Phil Harrison
Scooby Regular

Wurzel,

See

Topic: Lower Earley and A329M 17.00 ish 6thJune

for others round your way

Phil
Old 07 June 2002, 07:20 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Talking

LOL - you been checking up on me Phil?

A few little bits for ya, in all cases where I've put curly brackets, eg. {} , they need to be substituted with the appropriate square brackets, eg. []
Or click on edit of this post to see how I did it in code.

to add a link to another web page:

{url}www.google.co.uk{/url} gives www.google.co.uk

to add a link to another web page and call it something:

{url=www.google.co.uk}google search engine{/url} gives google search engine

to add a picture or gif/smilie from another website such as www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk:

{img}http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/wavey.gif{/img} gives

Also you can do italic with {i}word{/i} or bold with {b}words like this{/b}

Does that help? Have I answered what you were after?

Cheers
Neil

[Edited by ScoobyJawa - 6/7/2002 7:25:08 PM]
Old 07 June 2002, 07:30 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

not forgetting scoobynets built in smilies. Removing the spaces out of the text below.

: ) =
; ) =
: ( =
: D =
: p =
: eek : =
: rolleyes : =
: mad : = [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
: cool : =

Thats all I can remember at the mo
Old 07 June 2002, 09:59 PM
Phil Harrison
Scooby Regular

Gottit - Thanks Neil. I'd managed to derive as far as :eek for myself, but hadn't sussed the need for the extra colon (Test!!) And when I hit the link for "smilies enabled" I get a Message 404. I'd also sussed there's an URL by right clicking on a smiley and asking for 'properties'.

Thanks to you two horrors I went in and put my name down for my PPP yesterday, tho' Deep Singh is spreading doom on the STi7 PPP thread, and there's been a breach of confidence thread pulled by the moderators. Perhaps 'that nice Mr Wood' has had his engine let go (another test!) Actually, my Dealer isn't taking (allowed to take???) FORMAL orders at this stage.....

And, yes, I've been reading the Scooby Netters jobs thread just for the chuckle - I'm in on Page 4 if I remember right!! I ended up third oldest on the scoobynetters ages thread (not a test!!)

I even went to the ETek page after hearing what you two had to say... does it count as a modification? Is it detectable by an insurance assessor? Presumably it's a warranty-killer tho'

Cheers,

Phil
(If edited, it's 'cos my tests didn't work out!!)
Old 08 June 2002, 12:15 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

No probs

LOL - thats ok, we'll take the blame you'd have ordered it anyway.

Funny things you've heard though, was at prodrive a few weeks ago and they said the PPP was signed off and would be available on the first few cars shortly but to be fitted at prodrive so they could monitor it.

BTW - age is irrelevant - you are as old as you feel, so that would make me oldest on Scoobynet then

I'm sure it does count as a mod but as it still reports to the select monitor the same way and logging is all the same its virtually impossible to tell. Not sure if they will be able to do it on the STi though??!?! Would be an iffy issue re the warranty, yes if they knew, no it would affect it if they didn't

Cheers!
Old 08 June 2002, 06:41 PM
Phil Harrison
Scooby Regular

Smile

Did you do one of the Prodrive half-days in the recent series?? My Dealer put me up for Friday 19 April, Morning Session, God bless him - even footed the bill. Half a dozen of us went - put up overnight in Warwick the night before - really decent bunch of blokes, and had a jar or three and talked Motors until late. Managed to get TWO ('nother test) goes on the handling track - Yessss - thought I might get the joke prize for a spatter of gravel on the underside at one stage. Instructors were fabulous.

Mr Mike was there with PRO300 and I got a ride just before too much canvas showed through and brought his demos to a close ..... So, yes, I DO want a PPP - and I got the same message that you did. Mike's view was that the principle benefit was in the 3000-4000rpm bracket.... stop Porkies masquerading as Hyundais looking up my inside

Just wonder..... 'cos thats the funny way the world goes .... whether you were at the same Prodrive day (it was certainly for SE England punters)

Cheers,

Phil

PS...And my Topmount has arrived from Japan...
Old 09 June 2002, 07:53 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

No mate, went up a few weeks ago in the evening for a tour round their factories by the Marketing Director. Showed us and told us about the rally cars, the components, saw Tommi's being prepped for Greece - was excellent It was him that told us.
I went out with Mike a couple of months back when Marlborough Subaru in London did a track day to try the new STi and Mike was there with his And indeed - mid range is where you want the power

lol @ the hyunsche/porsdai

@ topmount