Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

A419 Swindon - Scooby sandwich...

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2003, 03:06 PM
MrShades
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Iain...

Thanks for the compliments - that shine is what Supaguard treatment and Swissol does for you

Picked up my first stone-chip on the bonnet yesterday, so will obviously be blaming you

It's a UK Spec STi, courtesy of Mr Litchfield, with Milltek exhaust, uprated fuel pump, whiteline rear anti-roll bar, solid drop links, Powerstation anti-lift and EcuTek remap. Oh yes, and as you spotted, a SECS monitor in the dash pod.

Just getting a light tint on all the glass, as I type, for that extra bit of sun protection, ****** glass smashing protection, and factor. Probably.

Was tempted to play a bit more yesterday, but had one hand on the wheel, and one on the phone (company just issued new phones without handsfree until next week - right pain in the a$$!) - so was slightly difficult - and with the temperature as high as it was, the boost was cutting with intakes temps >50 degrees...!

Nice to see you though....

Cheers

Shades

PS Was it green? This colour blindness thing never has helped me in that respect.... duh.

[Edited by MrShades - 8/6/2003 3:48:12 PM]
Old 05 August 2003, 09:29 PM
MrShades
Scooby Regular

I was the WR Blue MY03 STi on the A419 Swindon this evening (about 6:30ish)... in between these two:

In front: Sti7 Prodrive - WR Blue - two up - pretty clean - SIDC sticker in back window (turned off at Stratton - I think)

Behind: Classic, DBM - err, slightly grubby.

Any takers?????????????

Shades
Old 06 August 2003, 11:25 AM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hiya Shades,

It was me in the blue Sti, (if you looked closer you'd have seen a scoobynet sticker as well ). Dunno who the driver of the green turbo was.

Very nice looking motor btw. Did I notice a gauge pack of some sort on your dash, (only caught a quick glance so I wasn't sure).

I thought my car was a bit grubby, especially compared to the shine on yours

Iain
Old 06 August 2003, 04:08 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Cool

Aha, I've got the swissol wax on mine, but never had anything else done to it. The bonnet is beginning to look a bit pebble dashed in places, so I may enquire about getting it resprayed at some point. You can't blame me for the stone chip anyway. My mudflaps would have stopped them from hitting you

Sounds like a very nice spec. Mines still pretty standard at the moment (only fitted some defi gauges, mudflaps, scoobysport backbox, and a new radio so far), so if you had decided to play I think you may have won. I'm thinking of going the EcuTek route rather than the PPP. Are you happy with the performance, and was the insurance hike as bad as I'm expecting it to be?

p.s. it looked green to me, but then again I'm colour blind as well so I suppose we could both be wrong

Iain
Old 06 August 2003, 04:56 PM
MrShades
Scooby Regular

Oh yes, I did like your mudflaps - Are they original Subaru ones (didn't look like it - but very close) or copies from somewhere???

As I have a complete Milltek exhaust, the EcuTek gives me something around the 300+ mark. Basically, it's Litchfield Imports Performance Pack, or some name or other. Good value, yes. Talk to PowerStation......

Further mods can also now be added, and the ECU remapped accordingly with minimal outlay - which is good. I'm thinking of going for PowerStation equal length headers which should be good for another 25lbft and BHP....

And insurance through Liverpool Victoria is a wonderful thing - they don't give a monkeys what you do to it - or what security you have. Quite remarkable. It has lots of security, but obviously a few (and growing) mods - and they don't care. Not a penny. They only care if you change the engine (capacity I think). All mods are covered as long as engine stays the same (though not sure of NOS). Mad.

I pass through Swindon quite regularly, and used to work around that neck - so more than happy to meet for a beer one evening and (steal your mudflaps, errr.. sorry) chat over a pint...

Shades
Old 06 August 2003, 08:57 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yep, they're original Subaru mudflaps, and yes I paid the mental Subaru price for them

Think I might have to give L&V a try when the insurance is due for renewall then. I'm with Axa at the mopment (through A-Plan) and all they will let me have is the backbox and a new set of wheels

Let me know if you're passing through. I actually work in Newbury, live in Swindon, and work some evenings so I'm not always around, (and I'm about go go on holiday) but I'm always up for a pint if I'm around

Cheers,
Iain