Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

LMAO.........

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2003, 12:37 PM
mr flibble
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travelling home this morning at around 12:30am, i pulled up behind a vectra at some 2 lane traffic lights. A red Volvo estate pulls up along side the vectra for the classic 'traffic light grand prix'. The 2 lanes last for approx 100m before they merge into one. Anyway, the lights went green, they both accelerated away and were side by side well into the single lane. The vectra didn't give up even though the volvo started to veer across infront of vectra. The vectra drive swerved and braked just missing the kerb and the back of the volvo, i am thinking WTF is the vectra driver doing. A fraction of a second later 2 small bright blue lights started flashing from the back of the volvo. The vectra driver got pulled by a very angry looking member of the police, while i dropped my skoda estate down to 3rd and with a huge smile went round them both...........................

Old 15 October 2003, 12:41 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

so the police officer cut up the vectra?
Old 15 October 2003, 01:32 PM
dosenöffner
Scooby Regular

Sounds like entrapment, baiting, call it what you like.
Old 15 October 2003, 02:54 PM
mr flibble
Scooby Regular

I agree

but it wasn't me and it made me chuckle.
Old 15 October 2003, 04:43 PM
dosenöffner
Scooby Regular

Talking

I would have laughed too. America's dumbest criminals worthy.

I had a cop at home pull me on a country road and say 'What the hell have you got under the bonnet? We had a one hell of a job catching up with you. I used to have one of these and it sure didn't go like that.'

He was in a Holden 5.0 V8.

I was in my Triumph Spitfire Mk3 with a 350ci V8 Chevy block in it. Holden Torana running gear with a Supra 5 speed box. Only indication (when the engine wasn't running) was a small buldge in the bonnet (a little smaller than the GT6's). I have a couple photos on the PC if anyone is interested.

He was stoked and after giving him a quick ride he let me go on my merry way.

I was laughing for miles at his reaction and my good fortune.