Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Cock in a Black MY03 Sti

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2003, 06:45 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Well done mate, were all crawling along the north circ at 35-40 keeping to our lanes like sensible people whilst you want to rip in and out of lanes trying your hardest to get ahead, and you got?? nowhere LOL ***** in a flash car
Old 03 December 2003, 04:09 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gives us all a bad name that does!
dave
Old 03 December 2003, 04:48 PM
scoobchrissy
Scooby Senior

Some people like to get ahead in traffic not sit and crawl
and cause more traffic,
Old 03 December 2003, 05:03 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know
well, when you have to do this everyday, it flipping annoying!
Old 03 December 2003, 05:06 PM
tonytone
Scooby Regular

Wink

im not saying that you do this but i fancy a rant
i hate fu*k*rs that sit in the outside lane when the theres nothing in front for miles and the middle lane is clear!!!
thats when i likes to do some undertaking and the light flashing only makes it sweeter

[Edited by tonytone - 12/3/2003 5:07:34 PM]
Old 03 December 2003, 06:17 PM
scoobchrissy
Scooby Senior

It's only write to undertake when you get d*ckhead's just sitting
in the outside lane when they know you want to pass, and they sit there grining, this realy does my head in, and when you do undertake them they start flashing there light's, so you pull in front slow them down even more, and when you try and get them to stop because you'r pissed, they dont want to know and sh*t themselves WHY DO IT??????????[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 03 December 2003, 11:04 PM
K9VYN
Scooby Regular

whats even mre annoying is when a dual carriage way merges into one lane in say 600 yards for road works and some bright spark thinks its his/her duty to sit in the right hand lane parallel to queuing traffic so no one can get past.

what happened to 'merge in turn'? surely it makes more sense and causes less traffic if both lanes are used until 50/60 yards or so, then one let one in (good practice). it must be an offence to block a completely clear lane of a carriage way when there is no immediate obstruction?

sometimes i queue early, but it bothers me not that others want to continue past - its only an issue when they go right to the cones and then expect to force their way in - now that's bad practice!

K

Old 03 December 2003, 11:16 PM
jimi
Scooby Regular

Was it sarasquares?

JIM
Old 04 December 2003, 09:06 AM
Graybr
Scooby Regular

SORRY k9v but boll#x to "merge in turn" theres too many K##bs that take the pi## on that one just to get 5mtrs ahead - really pees me off, especially when it happens every journey i travel on the A303 (yes i know - dont then!!), So yes i am that annoying T##T that sits in the middle! Is it just me or does anyone else????
Nothing personal m8 it just really gets my back up

[Edited by Graybr - 12/4/2003 9:09:10 AM]
Old 04 December 2003, 09:44 AM
JockyTT
Scooby Regular

..just for you then Graybr

www.middlelanemorons.com
Old 04 December 2003, 09:59 AM
K9VYN
Scooby Regular

Graybr,

for 5 meters, definately wouldn't do it - but i'm talking about blocking the road from 600+ yards (cones aren't even in sight at that point). and its not about making 5 meters, but keeping traffic flowing as well as is possible.

trust me it'd all move alot better if a little common sense was applied. i know your point, and i do agree (as said in my post) that leaving it to the very last is not on. and no one should expect to be let in (after all other drivers aren't obliged to let you manouver just because you indicate - a lot of these pratts as you mention, just don't under stand that).

on the A52 3 weeks ago we had exactly that scenario, people queuing from the 600 yards sign. i travelled in the outside line to within 60/70 yards of the first cone, indicated and waited on the right. A woman in a TT let me in with no fuss or argument - i trust she appreciated that i wasn't trying to force my way in and that in all honesty it made sense not back traffic further up the road.

that queue wouldn't have been 1/2 the length if everyone was smart enough to adopt that policy!

Kevin

[Edited by K9VYN - 12/4/2003 10:02:46 AM]
Old 04 December 2003, 10:02 AM
Graybr
Scooby Regular

Wink

you misunderstood m8- i straddle (No daft comments) the lanes when two lanes go into one and the duty dickh##d sees it as his god given right to blatantly pull out and try his luck by pushing it, christ dont get me started on the pillucks that sit in the middle of a perfectly clear road bloo## chatting/on mobiles/or doing whatever their inadequite little brains do. Undertake every time making it plain that they are indeed dweebs/nuggets - sos getting a bit carried away
Old 04 December 2003, 10:06 AM
Graybr
Scooby Regular

K9VYN

Thats as you say if common sense is applied i agree however we both i think know the people i have a gripe with- this might be a good topic in the gen forum?
Old 04 December 2003, 10:07 AM
K9VYN
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

no worries.. its a fine line and the majority of people don't get it right. most aren't smart enough and the rest are just ignorant. some people just don't like being overtaken or being behind anyone else.

a bloke in a white Metro flashed me last night when he was doing 40 in a 60 on a single carriage way, and i overtook him leaving plenty of room before coming back over - so why flash me???

i don't think we'll ever manage to put the world to rights on this one

[Edited by K9VYN - 12/4/2003 10:08:13 AM]
Old 04 December 2003, 10:11 AM
Graybr
Scooby Regular

Wink

do you also find that because we have nice cars that the average oik deliberately shuts the door on you and that the high flier just pretends you dont even exist- even better seeing the smugness disappear once the road opens up a bit though, not that im a **** that goes out of my way to wipe that smile off though
Old 04 December 2003, 10:13 AM
Graybr
Scooby Regular

very true m8 a very contentious topic indeed -but always good for a laugh
Old 04 December 2003, 10:47 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

It was the rush hour, there was no option but to drive as slow as everyone else , basically the **** was driving dangerously, I got the impression that he spotted another obviously, older far less superior scoob and thought he'd show off, but flooring it so I can hear his exhaust for all of 50 metres before diving back into the fast lane and breaking hard and then diving out again across three lanes just to make up 4 car spaces is F*cking stupid,and it didnt sound half as nice as a SS exhaust anyway 1/2 a mile later I pass in the slow lane which is running far more freely, going along with my business and again he floors it for all of 5 seconds before he has to brake again, you've got to laugh at these people who are they tring to impress?

I couldnt agree with Tonytone more, I have to use the M25 everyday and the fast lane is full of people who just sit there when the middle and inside lanes are desolate!! (Mercs and BM's usually), but my favourite is peeps in the middle lane that see a Subaru coming down the fast lane and pull out of the middle lane at a slower speed thans yours just to play stupid games, Oh look its a scooby lets race him, F*ck off not interested.
Old 05 December 2003, 03:05 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Jimi, sarasquare has a yellow sport
Old 05 December 2003, 03:11 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know
Talking

lol at Jim!
Old 05 December 2003, 07:39 PM
Italian Jobber
Scooby Regular

This happens to me everyday. ****** pulling out into the space I leave to the car in front (all of two car lengths) not to get the front of my scoob covered in chips.

Sorry chaps but i now undertake tw**s like this every time and pull back out and brake.

Any problems there is always the hard shoulder!!! enough said from me. (was a calm scooby driver, not anymore, toffy nose sales-reps beware).
Old 06 December 2003, 04:05 PM
jimi
Scooby Regular

LOL...I know what car sarasquares drives i saw her last week in st albans and she gave me such a dirty look.

I could not stop laughing.

JIM
Old 06 December 2003, 11:46 PM
alanjack
Scooby Regular

It seems that everyone who wants to be a **** thesedays drives a Silver new age Subaru with PE53 plates, driving up the hard shoulder near Birch Services. God, sometimes I wish I was Mr Plod, Errmmm why are you driving on the hard shoulder son?, because there are cars in all the other lanes and I am really clever One day I will kill my kids (who would be alive now) if it weren't for me driving up the hard shoulder when my missuss was changing her tyre. ******. What a clever bloke

Anyone know a number on which you can report ****e driving?
Old 07 December 2003, 03:52 PM
MART X
Scooby Regular

I would NEVER drive up the hard shoulder on a motorway, I would however take a slip or closing lane as far as legally poss. I drive progressively, quick & (in my opinion) safe. I am a professional driver with HGV licence.

There are a lot of very poor drivers on our roads and if i give them the hump undertaking them because THEY are in the wrong lane so be it. I've got places to go & things to do & am not gonna sit behind some tit that that wants to be a to$$er.

Generally if other drivers try to wind me up coz i've got a nice, quick car then i respond and leave them wound up. I probobley don't help for the image of scooby drivers but I won't bow down to the "Hate Brigade" or the people that wanna join the "I done a scooby club" ( They ain't gettin no members from me!.

Bottom line is I paid a lotta dough for my car, STI8 PPP, and i'm gonna use it !
Old 07 December 2003, 05:49 PM
alanjack
Scooby Regular

There are a lot of very poor drivers on our roads and if i give them the hump undertaking them because THEY are in the wrong lane so be it.

I drive progressively, quick & (in my opinion) safe. I am a professional driver with HGV licence.
How can this be? How can you claim to be a safe driver then admit undertaking which is just as illegal a driving up the hard shoulder!

Old 07 December 2003, 06:30 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Question

Is undertaking "Illegal"? I know it's frowned upon but I'm not sure if it is illegal !
Old 07 December 2003, 08:40 PM
ThrustSSC
Scooby Regular

Down the left-hand side is only condoned by the Highway Code (as opposed to 'legal') if the vehicle you are passing is turning right and you're not, or when traffic is slowing (e.g. on a congested motorway) and your lane is not slowing as quickly. Changing lanes to take advantage of a lane on the left not slowing down as quickly counts as undertaking.

That said, I've given up on waiting for the lane hogs to get left and just go down the inside like everyone else now. I haven't got the time or the patience to wait for other people to finally get their act together.

[Edited by ThrustSSC - 12/7/2003 8:54:59 PM]
Old 08 December 2003, 12:00 PM
Carter
Scooby Regular

Undertaking is not an offence in this country.
Old 08 December 2003, 12:39 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

I got 3 points for undertaking on the M1, although I had to accelerate to 85 mph to achieve it, it was the speeding that got me the point but I was warned about the under taking, cant remember if I was told it was illegal, but they were pi55ed off with me, and all that stemed from a car load of kids in a Starlet oulling into the fast lane just to slow me down, those in the back were pis5ing themselves laughing and found it all very amusing, so I pulled out undertook whilst accelerating and got nabbed by the boyz in blue, they saw what happened but as I was speeding and I undertook they thought theyd have words with me!!, should be off the liscense this Jan

QUOTE:Bottom line is I paid a lotta dough for my car, STI8 PPP, and i'm gonna use it !

Yep thats the attitude we need on our roads

[Edited by Funkii Munkii - 12/8/2003 12:42:27 PM]
Old 08 December 2003, 03:23 PM
eric Scofield
Scooby Regular

IMHO undertaking is occassionally a vital part of road etiquette ...

It's a sad fact of life that there are t*ssers out there who when they spot a faster car coming up behind them, realising they can't out accelerate you will deliberately slow down or sit in the fast lane even when the slow is empty ... If you couldnt undertake them and leave them to their own pathetic little lives the frustration would probably send your blood pressure thru the roof ... not to mention the safety issues concerning driving too close to the car in front ..

Also ... yesterday driving along a B road there was a red van in front of me driving at exactly 22mph .. assuming the driver was either over ninety or under twelve I waited till a brief dual carriageway and went past him ... whereupon as soon as the road returned to single lane 30mph zone the kn*b decided to attach himself to my rear bumper ... Took a lot of counting to ten and deep breaths to overcome to urge to decend into the realms of road rage and tear his head off and drop kick it into a passing dust cart ...

It's a shame alcohol doesnt do a lot for driving skills as sometimes I really feel like a strong drink to calm myself down ... anyway, rant over ..
Old 08 December 2003, 05:57 PM
alanjack
Scooby Regular

Red face

undertaking which is just as illegal a driving up the hard shoulder!
I stand corrected Anyway, saw the geezer in the Silver Scoob in Rochdale yesterday with his mate. Didn't say nowt as they looked really hard Hope they look as hard as that when they get caught, I will ring the plod next time I see him driving like a ****.

[Edited by alanjack - 12/8/2003 6:04:41 PM]

Quick Reply: Cock in a Black MY03 Sti