Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Normandy is a scooby clear zone !!(almost)

Search this Thread

Old 11 July 2004, 12:27 PM
ChrisC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Normandy is a scooby clear zone !!(almost)

Just spent a wet week in Normandy and saw 1 other Scoob. A french one who looked amazed when I waved.
Attracted a load of attention - largely from people of all ages inspecting the car when it was parked or people driving Max Power styled Peugeots/Citroens/Renaults -(usually diesels). They either wanted to race or just drive parallel and inspect the car.

Did see lots of cars on the way down on 2nd July(M6/A500/M6/M1/London Orbital car park or M25 as it is called/M20) but I've had a drink or three since then and killed off the memory cells.Still some did wave (particularly in Staffordshire where there are more cameras than in Lancashire).

Finally - last night in the rain soaked M6 Birmingham at about 8:00p.m. a vivid yellow Lamborghini Countach P*GGY on the hard shoulder with hazards on and nobody around ! I almost stopped to give it a cuddle it looked so lonely.

PS watch out for the French cops around Calais they are bouncing any speeding by les anglais and radar detectors get you a fine!
Old 12 July 2004, 12:22 PM
andydavies
Scooby Regular

Wink

At least you came back with all your bits intact, unlike my car, a fellow scoobynetter donated a badge and I have also replaced centre of wheel.
Andy
Old 14 July 2004, 05:54 PM
ChrisC
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by andydavies
At least you came back with all your bits intact, Andy
But then I went to Northumbria and just about avoided a nasty time on a wet muddy bend I'd hit too fast - I dont mind sideways but my wife's not so keen !!
Still got all my bits but only just !