Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

PFA Rally, Kemble ?

Search this Thread

Old 12 July 2004, 08:07 PM
555 BOY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking PFA Rally, Kemble ?

Saw numerous Scoobs throughout the weekend, several parked near the camping area, one with a Scoobynet sticker init & a nice STi under the Tower !

Old 12 July 2004, 09:59 PM
ThrustSSC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 555 BOY
several parked near the camping area
At last I've been spotted Silver Sti8...

Did you enjoy the Rally (I ask as a PFA NC member and EC nominee!)? There are significant plans for next year, but is there anything you think would make it much better for you?
Old 13 July 2004, 08:16 PM
555 BOY
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by ThrustSSC
At last I've been spotted Silver Sti8...

Did you enjoy the Rally (I ask as a PFA NC member and EC nominee!)? There are significant plans for next year, but is there anything you think would make it much better for you?

Hehe, I know the feeling m8, for a while I was invisible too

Hmmmmmm an EC Nominee........I bet I can soon work out who your are

With regard to the rally, I've got to say it was a dissapointment compared to other years but obviously the wx had a great part to play in that.
The weekends highlights for me where the Irish Band in the Beertent on Friday night, Mr Currymaster everynight & finding the 'OGRI' Motorcycle club on Saturday night serving decent draught ale at £1.50 a pint

The main talk of the show was sadly dissapointment due to:-

a, Ridiculously High entrance prices forcing several friends to leave their partners/friends at home

b, The lack of typical PFA type stalls again due to the increased pitch rental fees

For more feedback have a look at the thread on 'Pprune'

But non of the above matters cos you've now been spotted, hehe

Old 14 July 2004, 07:56 AM
ThrustSSC
Scooby Regular

Hmmmmmm an EC Nominee........I bet I can soon work out who your are
It'll be well obvious when you get the ballot paper - just match up my username here to it! Did you fly in, or drive like me (still not finished my Europa and my brother's L29 was locked in at North Weald with runway work )?

With regard to the rally, I've got to say it was a dissapointment compared to other years but obviously the wx had a great part to play in that.
The weekends highlights for me where the Irish Band in the Beertent on Friday night, Mr Currymaster everynight & finding the 'OGRI' Motorcycle club on Saturday night serving decent draught ale at £1.50 a pint

The main talk of the show was sadly dissapointment due to:-

a, Ridiculously High entrance prices forcing several friends to leave their partners/friends at home

b, The lack of typical PFA type stalls again due to the increased pitch rental fees

For more feedback have a look at the thread on 'Pprune'
Thanks for that feedback, and I know everyone is also reading Pprune. There's a serious rethink ongoing for next year - a major expansion, not a cut-back. I hope this year's wx issues don't hose that.

But non of the above matters cos you've now been spotted, hehe
Old 14 July 2004, 07:36 PM
555 BOY
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hehe, yes no doubt it will be obvious & I'll have a chuckle

Yeah I went in my IFR (I Follow Railways) Aeronca Champ equiped with Tent & Beer vouchers, what Europa are you building & what U/C are you putting on it ?

Glad ya liked the feedback, sorry it couldn't be more positive. Good luck with the EC & the plans for next year. You've just reminded me that I've not filled the PFA on-line questionaire in yet !

Prepare for RANT mode ..........

Old 14 July 2004, 10:35 PM
ThrustSSC
Scooby Regular

An XS, monowheel U/C (no girly trigear here!), fittings in the fuse for the glider wings - but we've got to persuade Francis D to accept them yet Tail, wings and cockpit module are done. I'm fitting the CM into the fuse in a couple of weeks.

No probs on the feedback - it's all valuable and I happen to agree with you on both counts! I just hope this year's results don't lead to the superb plans for next year being canned. There's too many people questioning the need for the Rally for my liking - I believe it's one of the reasons people join and that canning it would be hugely detrimental to the membership levels.

Thanks for the good wishes! Don't forget to vote for ThrustSSC!
Old 25 August 2004, 08:09 PM
555 BOY
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hehe I Know all about you now Mr J.D

Don't worry though you've got my vote........Literally ! Well I couldn't let a fellow Scoobyneter down could I

Old 25 August 2004, 10:56 PM
ThrustSSC
Scooby Regular

Ha! I didn't expect a reply to this thread after so long

Cheers, mate
Old 26 August 2004, 08:51 PM
555 BOY
Scooby Regular

Your honoured that I remembered

Goodluck.......