Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

PappaSmurf, Friday Night?

Search this Thread

Old 12 July 2004, 09:52 PM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool PappaSmurf, Friday Night?

Was that you with the Vortex turning into Park Terrace last Friday evening?
Old 13 July 2004, 12:07 PM
pappasmurf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes!! ...did it echo across parkers peice?
Had just driven a friend of mines daughter to their Prom night and the Scoob went down a treat with everyone there....sounds better then a white Limo. Kids were getting dropped off on everything from Harley Davidsons to a horse and carriage.

How long will it take me to drive down to Richmond on Saturday morning from Cambridge and once i'm over Kew bridge and on the A307 where is Link Way in Ham?

All directions greatly appreciated!
Old 14 July 2004, 11:21 AM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Cool

I'm toying with the idea of heading down there from Cambridge myself, so if you fancy a mini (red) convoy....

Assuming you have to be there for 9.30 then I'm guessing that traffic won't be too bad on a Sat morning. I'd allow 2hrs.

Once you get over Kew Bridge, follow the road to Kew Gardens (right lane at the lights). Look out for a tea house on your left called Newans. Take the next left and follow the road. (Kew Gardens Rd, B353.)

There's a roundabout about half a mile up, go straight across (Manor Road). Pass Homebase and the level crossing. At the next junction go across again (Queens Road), and carry on until the mini roundabout which is at the top of Star & Garter Hill (Old Orleans Bar & Grill on your left).

Take a left towards the park entrance (Richmond Park) then a right so you don't actually enter the park. Continue down the hill and follow the road. At the lights the right lane turns right so keep left. Follow this narrow road through a couple of bends (watch out for busses!) and there's a mini roundabout after about 500 meters. Turn right into Sandy Lane. At the end, do a left then a right (Ashburnham St) then it's the 2nd right, left at the end and right into Stuart Road. About 100 meters down the road you'll be roughly outside 17 Link Way, which is on your left. It's a residential address at the end of a terrace, corner of Stuart Rd and Link Way.

Just gonna double check these directions and if necessary edit accordingly.

Gimme a bell on 07956 648 461 if you want to discuss, mate.

Last edited by SlowBoy; 14 July 2004 at 11:36 AM.
Old 16 July 2004, 10:56 AM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Top for tomorrow!
Old 16 July 2004, 11:02 AM
pappasmurf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...Thanks very much for the very clear directions, should be quite easy to locate.
I'm especially looking forward to the journey back up to East Anglia...on the twistiest roads i can find.