Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Silver 5 Door X plate, Tiley's, Mon 22 Oct

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2001, 10:31 PM
SimonH
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Nosing 'round the lot at Tiley's waiting for my car to have some work done on it, noticed this car. All very nice, couple of quick questions if you're on here: Are the brakes (f/r) a Godspeed conversion and what did they cost? What's the backbox, it's not the PPP one is it? Final, muppet question, are your SuperLs anthracite or silver? They just look lighter/nicer than the OZ Prodrive anthracites I'm considering......

PS. If you don't frequent Scoobynet then please feel free to never see this post and to not answer my questions
Old 22 October 2001, 10:57 PM
SteveB
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Simon,

The car in question is owned by Jerome and a regular on the BBS. I'll e-amil him and point him in the direction of your post and the questions.

Cheers

Steve.
Old 22 October 2001, 11:09 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Hi Steve,
just though I'd add my bit, Jerome goes under the name JFB on here!
Ron
PS, Steve, I've now got full ce-cat system, sounds awesome dunnit!
Old 22 October 2001, 11:14 PM
SimonH
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Cheers guys
Old 23 October 2001, 07:39 PM
JFB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Simon,

First time my car gets noticed she's off the road!!!!!!!!

Yes that is the Godspeed Brake upgrade front and rear and cost circa £950 fitted including stripping and respraying the calipers.

The exhaust was custom made by Long Life in Cardiff who have now opened in Bristol. I had a Magnex 6x4 oval but that was too noisey particularily for the neighbours so I got the LL job as they could add insulation to quieten the noise if required. It is mated to a magnex resonator centre section and Scoobysport downpipe so no "felines" present a la Ron.

Wheels are 17' Superleggerras in anthracite which do look lighter in colour than other anthracite wheels and nicer imho.

Didn't notice the defi gauges on the dash then?

Anyway, thanks for the posting, it made my day bearing in mind I just picked her up again this evening after having a new gearbox fitted at HUMUNGOUS cost so I'm not happy!

Thanks to Steve and Ron for the referrals to your posting.

Jerome (Potless) and lookin' for a good Dutch solicitor!

ps Absolutely no reflection on the superb service and cooperation as always from Tileys who have been extremely supportive.

[Edited by JFB - 10/23/2001 8:15:22 PM]
Old 23 October 2001, 09:10 PM
SimonH
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Jerome

Thanks for the reply; sorry to hear about the bother with your gearbox - out of interest, what went wrong with it? I take it Subaru Holland aren't playing ball....

The Brake conversion looked the business; I've been considering the Godspeed setup although have heard mumblings about delivery times and fitment probs - I take it your went okay? Are you happy with the performance of the brakes?

Sorry to keep asking silly questions (always keen to learn from others! ) - have you had any problems with the SuperLs rubbing at all ? I've heard () tales suggesting that they can rub in certain situations.

I did spot the defi setup - another "mod" I'm after, especially at the price NAM are knocking them out for at the mo' - did Tiley's do the fitting for you?

Cheers
Old 23 October 2001, 10:24 PM
JFB
Scooby Regular

Smile

Simon,

According to Tileys, the gearbox looked as if it was put together too tightly which caused the bearings to deteriorate and that resulted in contamination in the gearbox. Metal residue in the gearbox oil etc so it was a dud and unquestionably a failure. The warranty expired during the diagnosis of the problem but after the symptomd were raised by me but the warranty claim has been rejected by the Dutch dealer! I already got a clutch replaced under the warranty so I must have that "Friday evening" car unfortunately.

The Godspeed brakes are very good indeed with a very solid feel to them. Ron has the same kit and Rosco tried them on a track day with no brake fade to report which tends to be a problem with the standard set up when pushing on. They also look pretty good compared to other alternatives.

The 215/40/17 tyre have rubbed once when negotiating a sharp corner with four adults on board but the plastic strip where the actual contact is made can be removed quite easily, I gather. The Superleggerras can accommodate 205/40/17s also, I believe which would prevent the rubbing but it isn't a problem for me.

The Defi gauges were fitted by Dave at Tileys and he did a great job. He was so impressed with the kit that they were contacting NAM with a view to getting a few kits delivered. The cost was very reasonable and they look the dogs danglies at night.

Go on Simon, you know you want to!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Jerome
Old 24 October 2001, 11:09 AM
SimonH
Scooby Regular

Jerome

Thanks for all the info much appreciated!

You're right, of course, I DO know I want to!! sadly she who must be obeyed hates cars. Consequently it's taking an awful lot of manoeuvring to convince her that all these things are very important and that our lives will not be complete without them I'm nearly there with the PPP - I think the next £2.5K for wheels, brakes and gauges are going to be even trickier

Cheers
Old 24 October 2001, 06:40 PM
JFB
Scooby Regular

Wink

Simon,

Are you getting the PPP fitted at Tileys and if so any special deal for us SIDC members?

Jerome