Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Go karting at Thuruxton - Sunday 6th May

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2002, 10:41 PM
darlodge
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last Sunday (06/05) me and a few lads from work entered a team into a race at Thruxton in Thunder Karts. It was a 4 hour race and there were 20 teams competing for the podium positions. Un-surprisingly we came 17 of the 20 and the winner team (2 people) were about 17 laps in front of us at the end!! I saw one Scooby in the car park and was wondering if it was any one from here?

Darren
Old 08 May 2002, 02:56 PM
Ian Payne
Scooby Regular

Hi Darren

Not my scoob as I didn't drive that day but I was doing the karting in kart no 10 (Unimark) finished 3rd!!!

What was your team name???

Ian
Old 09 May 2002, 01:27 PM
Ian Payne
Scooby Regular

Oh so your team was the one that kept breaking karts!!

I think I saw some of your accidents, they looked pretty nasty. Make sure you come to the indoor one, they are just as much fun...

Come introduce yourself if you do - whatever I will be wearing a Hackett baseball cap!!

Cheers
Ian

p.s. We were in kart 10 but finished 3rd...
Old 05 August 2002, 09:27 PM
darlodge
Scooby Regular

Piston Broke or Broke Piston I think our team name was. We did really bad!!. We broke 5 different karts before the end of the day. 2 with broken wheels, 1 with a jammed brake cable, 1 with a busted accelerator and the other had to be taken in for a mystery repair.

3 of us arrived about 08:30 on the Sunday and watched sporty car after sporty car arrive full of decent teams with their own kit. When the Lotus Elise, the Honda Prelude, the Scooby and a few other fast road cars arrived we got worried that we were going to get canned by some regular track demons.

We were quite happy with 17th place in the end. I got our team up to 13th at one stage and then came in for a pit stop and lost 5 places. Bugger.

I also had a nasty crash on my last few laps (trying the gain some time) on the left hand hair-pin bend. I got hit and ended up about 15ft away from the track up a gravel bank. That hurt some in the morning! I had black bruises on my back from the vibrations of the gravel. The steward kept asking me all these stupid questions like when I was and what our team number was. I got both wrong and he would not left me back on the track until I had seen the other steward. The only reason I got them wrong was because I was thinking of what time I would be home (Brighton) and our team number changed 4 times so I had no chance of remembering it!!

Well done on finishing 10th there were some really good teams out there.

Our team might be going to the next one, but we have not really decided yet as its an indoor circuit and it looks tiny with no room to overtake (not that we did much of that)

Darren

[Edited by darlodge - 5/8/2002 9:29:41 PM]