Notices
Wheels And Tyres For Sale This forum contains only wheels and tyres offered for sale by our members.

Rays STI 5 spoke 17x7 5x100 RARE genuine wheels

Search this Thread

Old 27 December 2014, 01:52 PM
tom-r33
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rays STI 5 spoke 17x7 5x100 RARE genuine wheels

Up for sale I have a set of 4 very rare Rays sti 5 spoke forged monoblock alloy wheels
5x100 pcd. 17" x 7j. ET55. The paint has some hairline cracks in which is invisible from a few meters away, I have pictured the worst area, there are no defects atall to the wheels themselves.
I cant find another set of these for sale anywhere, they are extremely rare, sought after and a very good lightweight wheel which suits the impreza down to the ground. I would keep them but I don't have anything suitable to put them on.
if you search google for 'rays sti 5 spoke' then you will see a few pics of them fitted to various different cars.

They have 4 Autoguard SA802 215/45/17 tyres in pretty much new condition

I am in no rush to sell these so no stupid offers please. I am looking for £600 delivered within mainland uk, I will ship abroad if the costs are covered

Any questions then please feel free to ask

Old 27 December 2014, 03:00 PM
nikon-man
Scooby Regular

is the cracked paint the same on them all or is that the worst one ??
Old 27 December 2014, 03:21 PM
tom-r33
Scooby Regular

All wheels have some cracked paint, I pictured the worst
Give me a minute and i'll take some close ups of all of them
Old 27 December 2014, 03:30 PM
Scooby Stevo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was watching these on ebay - bit of a mark up there fella.
Old 27 December 2014, 03:39 PM
nikon-man
Scooby Regular

I am looking for a good set of wheels but what amazes me is when you see a listing on here for something that is supposed to be rare then they are fitted with budget tyres....

I will keep looking but the majority on here are all kerbed...marked...or just rough and for me to spend good money on wheels then have to have them refurbished I may as well go straight to a dealer etc and buy them brand new
Old 27 December 2014, 03:44 PM
SubaruDude
Scooby Regular

look remarkably like this set sold for 350 last week. Bit of a margin there for an enthusiast!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Prodrive-1...item19f937209a
Old 27 December 2014, 03:51 PM
tom-r33
Scooby Regular

from a distance the wheels look fine, the cracks are thin and hard to see unless you're very close to them.
I may be able to swap the tyres for something higher quality if you are seriously interested in them and drop me a deposit?
Old 27 December 2014, 03:58 PM
tom-r33
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SubaruDude
look remarkably like this set sold for 350 last week. Bit of a margin there for an enthusiast!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Prodrive-1...item19f937209a

They didn't actually sell as I realised what they were just after someone hit buy it now. I couldn't let a set of wheels this rare and in this good condition go for so little money
Try finding another set for sale 'dude'.....
Old 27 December 2014, 04:36 PM
nikon-man
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tom-r33
from a distance the wheels look fine, the cracks are thin and hard to see unless you're very close to them.
I may be able to swap the tyres for something higher quality if you are seriously interested in them and drop me a deposit?

trouble is people look at them not only from a distance so what would I tell them when they get close to them

going back to my original message that I cannot for the life of me ever see why anybody would put budget tyres on wheels that would or could be going on something that is quick and to buy a set of wheels knowing they have defects unfortunately isn't what I am about..... when I buy my wheels that will go on my car and I will be happy they look as good as possible....

glwts
Old 27 December 2014, 04:46 PM
tom-r33
Scooby Regular

You could tell them that they are one of the rarest sets of wheels ever made for an impreza!
I can't disagree about the tyres, ive never bought a budget set, they came on a car I bought as they are now. like I said I can put a better set of tyres on if you change your mind, or I can sell them without tyres.
For the price you will not find a better set of wheels, they are very light and very rare, I'm sure someone who appreciates what they are will buy them. they are on par with te37's, en28's and the like
Old 27 December 2014, 05:00 PM
SubaruDude
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tom-r33
They didn't actually sell as I realised what they were just after someone hit buy it now. I couldn't let a set of wheels this rare and in this good condition go for so little money
Try finding another set for sale 'dude'.....
Sorry I didn't realise you were scoobybits the breaker. Shouldn't you be selling as a breaker though? Hardly fair to the other breakers if your selling as an enthusiast without paying the fee that they do to advertise. Just a thought. Glws dude.
Old 27 December 2014, 05:06 PM
nikon-man
Scooby Regular

PM me a price for just the wheels without the tyres
Old 27 December 2014, 05:45 PM
tom-r33
Scooby Regular

Sorry I didn't realise you were scoobybits the breaker. Shouldn't you be selling as a breaker though? Hardly fair to the other breakers if your selling as an enthusiast without paying the fee that they do to advertise. Just a thought. Glws dude.

I'm not scoobybits
I assembled my rally car and am building a type r by splitting several cars and sell on the parts I don't need. I don't make a profit from this, it is not a business.

have you found another set of these wheels for sale?
Old 27 December 2014, 06:39 PM
SubaruDude
Scooby Regular

My mistake. I meant scoobysplitter the breaker who advertiseso as a breaker on Facebook. That is you is it not?
Old 27 December 2014, 08:41 PM
nikon-man
Scooby Regular

come on guys if these are as rare as hens teeth why are they still for sale ????
Old 27 December 2014, 10:27 PM
SubaruDude
Scooby Regular

Scoobysplitters page has now been edited. What was a page declaring Tom Potter t/a scoobysplitter a classic impreza breaker seems to have lost all details. Tom if you are going to make a living breaking subaru then I wish you good luck. But pay your dues and advertise properly as a trader on scoobynet. You pulled a dishonest move last weekend with this very set of wheels and all for a few quid. I hope it was worth it. Regards dude.
Old 27 December 2014, 11:29 PM
tom-r33
Scooby Regular

Scoobysplitters page has now been edited. What was a page declaring Tom Potter t/a scoobysplitter a classic impreza breaker seems to have lost all details. Tom if you are going to make a living breaking subaru then I wish you good luck. But pay your dues and advertise properly as a trader on scoobynet. You pulled a dishonest move last weekend with this very set of wheels and all for a few quid. I hope it was worth it. Regards dude.
Thanks, you reminded me I had to update that page as it was not accurate. I had plans but things changed. To be honest I can't be bothered to deal with people like you who appear to be out for one purpose and that is to basically screw me over. And yes, as I have had every trick in the book pulled by people trying to get something for nothing, it has left a bitter taste in my mouth.
I don't make a living breaking subarus, I design aircraft parts. Being the supreme detective you appear to be I am surprised that you didn't know that?
I can only assume that you also know that the original buyer of the wheels tried to blackmale me by threatening to bad mouth me through the group's he was previously an admin on. His admin responsibilities and privileges have now been revoked due to his behaviour. Hardly the consequences of someone who had been done over eh?! I also reported the fake Facebook account that he was messaging me lies from. (I'm sure you're aware of this, I'm just reiterating)
Now, is there anything else you would like to add? Maybe your name so I know who to shake hands with and thank if we ever cross paths in future?