Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Spacer Brackets for AP Racing Calipers

Search this Thread

Old 06 August 2019, 09:13 AM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Spacer Brackets for AP Racing Calipers

Looking at a second hand set of AP CP7040's, but on 356mm discs.
I have 17" speedline Turini 17 x 8's on my JDM Bug STI and would prefer not to go to 18's as I actually quite like the way the car rides and handles on the 17's, but obviously would need to look at 330mm rotors instead.

Anyone know if it's easy enough to pick up replacement brackets for these calipers to make them fit a 330mm setup, and whether they'll clear the Turinis?
Just weighing up the cost of doing this vs just buying the whole kit new from somewhere like AS performance or Godspeed.

Cheers

Last edited by MrNoisy; 06 August 2019 at 09:40 AM.
Old 06 August 2019, 04:13 PM
Jon T
Scooby Regular

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi mate I put a 355mm ap kit from godspeed on my car at the weekend. The brackets that Ian supplied were the ones that fit the 330mm disc and you get spacers to go between the caliper and bracket so they fit the bigger disk. I'm sure Ian could supply the brackets. I'm not sure if you can put a 330mm disc on a 355mm Bell though I think the bell is a larger diameter. Give Ian or Ben a ring they will know for sure.
Old 07 August 2019, 02:55 PM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon T
Hi mate I put a 355mm ap kit from godspeed on my car at the weekend. The brackets that Ian supplied were the ones that fit the 330mm disc and you get spacers to go between the caliper and bracket so they fit the bigger disk. I'm sure Ian could supply the brackets. I'm not sure if you can put a 330mm disc on a 355mm Bell though I think the bell is a larger diameter. Give Ian or Ben a ring they will know for sure.
Thanks for replying mate. It's a bit of a mish mash as the calipers are really designed for the larger (and thicker?) 356mm discs, so even with brackets there would be some worry about clearance with 17's, and by the time I've looked into larger bells and replacement rotors, unfortunately it's a bit of a non starter money wise - might as well just buy a new kit from AP for £2k or a set of Turinis in 18", neither of which I particularly want to contemplate at this point as I can't justify that outlay on what's essentially my weekend toy.

I'm currently running standard 4 pot STI Brembos with DBA T3 front discs and PF Z compound pads all round with RBF600 and goodridge braided lines, so it should be a good setup, but doesn't feel quite as grabby as I'd like it to be compared to an old K Sport kit I had running blue stuff pads, which from what I'm led to believe shouldn't really be the case.
Having spoken with Alyn @ AS yesterday going to try and bed the pads in again, give them a bit of hell and see if they come good.
Failing that I may try a set of blue stuff pads and see if they're any more suited to my driving style - if all else fails I'll have to save up!

Last edited by MrNoisy; 07 August 2019 at 02:57 PM.