Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Pagid Group N+ brakes just fitted

Search this Thread

Old 27 August 2002, 09:23 PM
Fast_Blue_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just had the latest Pagid 'grey cast' group N front discs fitted to my MY99 UK Turbo. Combined with the Pagid RS42-1 pads, braided hoses all round and 5.1 brake fluid, I should see a big improvement over the standard items!

Will be bedding the brakes in over the next couple of days and will report back on what I think of the new set up. After suffering brake fade a few times on the country roads nearby, I should be able to put the new brakes through their paces in the weeks ahead.

Looking forward to feeling a big improvement.....
Old 27 August 2002, 10:51 PM
dazzaTypeR
Scooby Regular

Looking at upgrading mine in very near future, don't want to go big disc & caliper conversion as I may well be selling very soon.

Where did you get the said items from and what kind of prices are they.

Cheers dazza
Old 27 August 2002, 11:19 PM
Fast_Blue_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Scoobysport do them for £470 and then you need to get them fitted!

However I know someone who has contact with Pagid directly so got them ordered and fitted for a lot less than the above price.

I am well pleased....
Old 28 August 2002, 03:44 PM
Fast_Blue_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Just put my car through it's paces, the brakes are so much better now!

I had already drove the car home last night taking it easy on the brakes so this afternoon I thought I would see how good they were on a few of my favourite country roads.

I'm not so sure how you are supposed to bed brakes in, but I did quite a few miles just braking from 30 to 0, then stepped it up to 40-0 and so on. Not braking hard, just feeling what pressure was needed on the pedal to bring the car to standstill nice and smoothly. I did this until I reached around 60mph and then I let the brakes cool down. Then I drove the car normally, ie nice and steady for a few miles, braking where required etc, until I reached a village where I turned around. Then feeling confident with the braking of the car, I put my foot down and went for it on the way back!

Now before on these twisty country roads, my original brakes would fade and I would lose confidence tackling the corners. Well not this time, without really braking hard at all, I took all the corners with so much confidence, the car felt like another car!. A dab of the brakes would knock off the required speed needed for the corner, also braking fairly hard, the car's brakes bit well, slowing the car down extremely well. No fade whatsoever!! Well it didn't take me long to get back home, some good speeds reached and some excellent driving roads which the Scooby loves. Now with better brakes, the car has jus got better.

I can see myself getting the Leda suspension added once my funds allow!!!
Old 28 August 2002, 04:59 PM
JonW
Scooby Regular

To anyone whos interested in doing this kind of upgrade to their car, have a look at the Godspeed kit im selling in the For Sale section as its the same spec (higher if you include the drilled and grooved disks) and with the hoses and fluid will answer all your problems for round half the prices listed above.

Jon.
PS. not wishing to crash the thread but really want to pass these brakes on to someone who will get the benfit as they are excellent.