Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

P Zero Corsa......

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2003, 01:50 PM
dowser
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are these any good on track? How do they wear? And how bad are they in the wet?!

I'm doing a Street Car Challenge type thing this year (various timed track days and slalom events + a hill climb hopefully ), and these are the tyres I must run....

Also, is anyone running the new lightweight Team Dynamics forged wheels TSL were advertising a few months back? If so, how have they been? Any problems?

Many Thanks
Richard
Old 13 January 2003, 02:51 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

I just bought a set of alloys with P Zero (not sure if they are corsa - asymetrics), prior to that my standard alloys had Goodyear F1's

I have to say the P Zero is the most absolutely cr4p tyre I have ever experienced..
Old 13 January 2003, 02:53 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Oh and the TSL forged wheel is superb. They are so light you can wear them as ear-rings in the evenings. They are stupidly strong also.
Old 13 January 2003, 07:41 PM
dowser
Scooby Senior

Cool, thanks.

Prefer if the tyre is crap - comes down to driver ability more

I'd heard of some problems with the Team Dynamics wheels in the Nürburgring 24 hour last year though - are you giving yours sh*t?

Richard
Old 14 January 2003, 08:52 PM
mkyboy
Scooby Regular

Red face

My car rolls on P-Zero's and i love um!!!!!!!

Why do you think there @rap??????
Old 15 January 2003, 09:26 AM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
p Zero and P zero Corsa are 2 different tyres. P zeros came as OEM fit on the P1 and are not good in the wet, fine in the dry. P Zero corsa are a much more serious competition oriented tyre and have only recently been introduced......

Quote from Pirelli

"Being essentially a road legal track tyre, sold mainly to competition drivers, the P zero corsa...."

"The most significant feature of the PZC is the fact that the tread pattern is evidently derived from a racing tyre (it looks like a cut racing slick)and is both directional and assymetric in design. The assymetric concept allows an outer shoulder area which is almost racing slick, therefore offering maximum adhesion particularly in hard cornering, whilst the directyional cuts in the centre and inner part of the tread recover the wet handling and anti- acquaplaning features necessary for maximum all weather performance..."

Old 15 January 2003, 09:57 AM
dowser
Scooby Senior

Just talked with someone who's used these on track - I'd better get a set of wheel bearings ready

Richard
Old 15 January 2003, 10:02 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

I like the P-Zero's in the dry, very progressive on the limit. They just didn't let go, but let the whole car slide.

In the wet, I thought they were terrible. When they were pretty brand new and just scrubbed in they were OK, but as they wore they just got steadily worse.

Having said that, I did manage to get over 20K out of my originals and I certainly wasn't being gentle with them.

My Goodyear F1's have been pretty good too, although again as they start to wear down their grip is starting to go rapidly.

There seems to be a sweet-spot with any tyre and as soon as you start to wear them beyond this, the grip just gets worse and worse. Trouble is you might still have plenty of tread left in them.

Stefan
Old 15 January 2003, 10:12 PM
Caronte
Scooby Regular

Agree: the P-Zero Asimmetrico is glue on the dry but so snd so on the wet.
I now have PZero Nero and they are marvellous for both.

The Pzero corsa lasts only few thousand miles (3000-3500)(depending on the usage). But forget them home if it rains!

A.
Old 16 January 2003, 07:44 AM
dowser
Scooby Senior

What I'm really interested is their on track performance compared to slicks. Anyone?

Thanks
Richard
Old 17 January 2003, 12:24 AM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Question

sizes available for 7j or 7.5j wheels , 215/45ZR17 & 205/50ZR17 respectively, 18"'s smallest size 225/40 (8J)