Opinions of Goodyear Eagle F1

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2003, 03:56 PM
dhayzen
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi Folks,

Well it's that time of year again... time to change tyres.

I'm currently running Toyo Proxes T1-S (205/50/16) and hate them. They have been squirmy and horrible right from the start. I guess they improved a little once the tread block wore down a bit, but gave me nothing like the confidence I had with Potenza's. Played with all sorts of tyre pressures & suspension alignments... nothing sorted it. I've learnt today that some sizes of the Toyo tyre came in a softer/harder compound likewise the wall construction... in my size the wall is softer hence my problems.

I don't want to make the same mistake again by going for wrong tyre choice. I've seen/heard loads about the Goodyear Eagle F1 tyre - what's the general opinion of them on here then?

Is there anyone out there running the same size as me on a classic MY00 impreza turbo as that would give me a better yard stick rather than someone saying they're great when running 225/40/18 !!!

By the way... had a quote for a set of four... £360 inc vat & del (not fitted) - does this sound reasonable ?

Cheers folks.
Dave

Old 10 May 2003, 07:34 AM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Very surprised at your Toyo experience. I run TS1's on my STi V3 and race on them too, and they have been wonderful, and this car is driven on the very limit on the track.

A friend drives on the new Goodyear and really rates them. I think you will be pleased.

I doubt that we will see another great allrounder after the Bridgestone SO2 PP, these are still the benchmark.

Good luck.
Graham