Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Where do you get your tyres fitted?

Search this Thread

Old 27 January 2004, 01:45 AM
JohnMcC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was just 'shopping' for new 225/40 18 tyres and using the search facility, when I realised that it is all well and good saving a few quid and buying tyres on the net, but isnt a bit of a pain to go and get someone else to fit them?

But what do you guys do? I dont fancy giving the monkeys at Kwik Fit a go on my wheels, and I dont reckon the stealers will be best please will they?

By the time youve bunged someone a few quid, and considering the extra hassle factor (hey, I'm lazy ) isnt a lot of the saving eaten up? Is it not easier to just pay a little bit extra and get it all done in one go?

Sorry for bit of an airhead post - Its late, can't sleep and I'm board so have been spouting some right carp tonight!

[Edited by JohnMcC - 1/27/2004 1:46:13 AM]
Old 27 January 2004, 08:31 AM
milo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
up to u whether u want the hassle.

when i bought my wheels and tyres from the net, i had a local backstreet place fit the tyres and they did an amazing job.

when it comes time to replace tyres, i will probably find someone who will supply and fit. u could certainly try getting them to price-match.. or at least get as close as possible.

otherwise buy online and take them somewhere decent that will fit them and set up your geometry properly.