Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

325mm Godspeed discs-any alternatives

Search this Thread

Old 20 September 2004, 02:07 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 325mm Godspeed discs-any alternatives

A couple of years ago I purchased a 325mm Godspeed kit consisting of the calipers, discs and pads etc. Initially they offered some inprovement over the oem two pots but within months I thought they could be better.

I replaced the Mintex pads a couple of months ago to the Ferrodo thinking the pads may be on the way out but was surprised to see quite a bit of life still in them. Nevertheless stuck with the new pads which now scream when braking under 10 mph to see if they offered an improvement...............NO.

So now I'm thinking change the discs which seem to fade badly ie braking from over 70 to 20 will be enough to get them droaning. Dont do any track days so it can't be anything like that.

If I have the Godspeed calipers must I stick with Ians discs or can I try something else? Think mine are drilled and grooved.......tempted to replace like for like just in case I have a naff pair of discs but would be nice if I could choose. Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 20 September 2004, 02:12 PM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

discs dont fade , pads do , it wont be the discs that are at fault , I would say you would find a big difference going from 2 pots to 4 , have you got the calipers on the right way up , if not then they will still work like 2 pots as they wont bleed properly , the nipples should be at the top of the calipers
Old 20 September 2004, 03:14 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the advice mate. I'm going to check this tonight but I'm pretty sure the nipples are at the top. Pads have only been on a couple of months though and both sets that I had seemed to display the same symptoms.

Various tuners have drove the car following upgrades and all have commented on the brakes. Now I've reached a decent level of performance >300 bhp I'm desperate to get these sorted.

Thanks again. Ian @ Godpseed has kindly offered to have a look at them if I can send him a picture to see if anythings amiss.

Rob