Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

good price?

Search this Thread

Old 22 January 2005, 05:26 PM
neilsti
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good price?

i have just bought 4 new anthracite sti wheels with bridgestone re070 tyres 400 quid there r some more available, seemed a good deal?
Old 22 January 2005, 06:30 PM
bgood
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by neilsti
i have just bought 4 new anthracite sti wheels with bridgestone re070 tyres 400 quid there r some more available, seemed a good deal?
hmmm, that's interesting cos I have just been offered a set of 'Prodrive' alloys by my local tyre and exhaust place (went in to get a slow puncture checked). I haven't seen the wheels yet they said they will have 1 in this week to look at but they are Anthracite with re070's on as well but they are asking £600, have subaru just sold off a job lot or summink??

Have you got any pics of the ones you got?
Old 22 January 2005, 06:39 PM
XRS
Scooby Senior

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Are these for MY04 and before or MY05?

And are they 17" ?
Old 22 January 2005, 06:43 PM
swiftnick
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Sounds like a very good deal to me
Old 22 January 2005, 06:44 PM
neilsti
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bgood
hmmm, that's interesting cos I have just been offered a set of 'Prodrive' alloys by my local tyre and exhaust place (went in to get a slow puncture checked). I haven't seen the wheels yet they said they will have 1 in this week to look at but they are Anthracite with re070's on as well but they are asking £600, have subaru just sold off a job lot or summink??

Have you got any pics of the ones you got?
they are the same as standard 03 sti wheels but in the anthracite colour i think they were what the wr1 came with standard, i put them on today and i am well impressed with the re070's
Old 22 January 2005, 06:54 PM
BrynO
Scooby Regular

I've seen the wheels brand new go for £135 on Ebay, but £400 with tyres as well sounds a good deal. Nice looking wheel, bgood - these are STi not Prodrive - maybe your tyre dealer has a set of Prodrive PFF's kicking around - that would be nice!
Old 22 January 2005, 07:09 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Where was this please ?
Old 22 January 2005, 07:14 PM
bgood
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BrynO
I've seen the wheels brand new go for £135 on Ebay, but £400 with tyres as well sounds a good deal. Nice looking wheel, bgood - these are STi not Prodrive - maybe your tyre dealer has a set of Prodrive PFF's kicking around - that would be nice!
to be honest I have no idea what either looks like , does anybody know if the wheels from a new age will fit OK on a classic in 17"??
Old 22 January 2005, 08:00 PM
BrynO
Scooby Regular

The grey ones mentioned here are the standard STI wheel with the 5 'twin' spokes, quite similar in style to the current WRX wheels. usually they are in gold.
Lots of owners running the standard WRX wheel on a classic, but the STi wheel has a slightly different offset and is half inch wider, so may catch the arch or elsewhere. Sure there will be a classic owner along in a mo with the answer....
The ones I saw on Ebay were a month or 2 ago, brand new, chap just bought them to use the tyres, I nearly bought them, but I already had 3 sets of wheels - at that price a bit of a bargain I thought!
Old 24 January 2005, 09:34 PM
D.C
Scooby Regular

Neilsti where were these from??? i will have a set!! let me know there number!!
Cheers
Old 04 February 2005, 06:46 PM
bgood
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up STI wheels in anthracite if anyones interested

I mentioned above about a local tyre place offering me some wheels well they finally managed to get one in to look at and I finally got round to going in to see it today

If anyones interested in a set let me know, they are 17" with 225/45/17 Bridgestone RE070 tyres on and they want £600 for a set of 4 and that's including VAT. They said they have a container full of them , only other thing I would add is I did notice a mark on the one they had in but will check with them that the rest are mint if anyones interested.

I haven't got any spare cash at the minute so no good to me but thought they seemed like a good deal and someone on here might be interested, here's a couple of pics

ps can email full size pics if anyone wants em, just PM me or reply here
Old 04 February 2005, 10:08 PM
neilsti
Scooby Newbie

I mentioned above about a local tyre place offering me some wheels well they finally managed to get one in to look at and I finally got round to going in to see it today

If anyones interested in a set let me know, they are 17" with 225/45/17 Bridgestone RE070 tyres on and they want £600 for a set of 4 and that's including VAT. They said they have a container full of them , only other thing I would add is I did notice a mark on the one they had in but will check with them that the rest are mint if anyones interested.

I haven't got any spare cash at the minute so no good to me but thought they seemed like a good deal and someone on here might be interested, here's a couple of pics

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00499943f00000001.jp
http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00499943f00000004.jpg

ps can email full size pics if anyone wants em, just PM me or reply here

these are the same as i have just fitted why pay 600 when you can pay 400
i believe corrado boy has just got some aswell or is someone on the make!!
Old 05 February 2005, 09:31 AM
bgood
Scooby Regular

these are the same as i have just fitted why pay 600 when you can pay 400
i believe corrado boy has just got some aswell or is someone on the make!!
Well if you can get them for £400 then obviously you'd be mad to pay £600 but as corradaboy had expressed an interest in this thread and no-one appeared to have got back to him with the details I thought it would be worth giving the details of these in case he or someine else is interested. They're not as cheap obviously but still SEEMED a good price and no further details had been posted of the £400 ones you got.

If by your comment 'or is someone on the make!!' you are referring to me, you and me are gonna have a big falling out, if on the other hand you are referring to the local tyre place that has offered em to me then that's fair enough cos they might well be, I don't know.

I have no intention of acting as middleman, anyone that's interested I will give them the name and number of the place, didn't want to post it on here as thought mods might not be happy (mods if you're reading this let me know if it's OK and I'll post the details) only thing in it for me is I'll get a couple of tyres fitted for free if they sell some.

Like I said I can't afford them at the minute, not even at £400, I'm just trying to help my fellow Scoobynetters
Old 05 February 2005, 06:24 PM
neilsti
Scooby Newbie

Well if you can get them for £400 then obviously you'd be mad to pay £600 but as corradaboy had expressed an interest in this thread and no-one appeared to have got back to him with the details I thought it would be worth giving the details of these in case he or someine else is interested. They're not as cheap obviously but still SEEMED a good price and no further details had been posted of the £400 ones you got.

If by your comment 'or is someone on the make!!' you are referring to me, you and me are gonna have a big falling out, if on the other hand you are referring to the local tyre place that has offered em to me then that's fair enough cos they might well be, I don't know.

I have no intention of acting as middleman, anyone that's interested I will give them the name and number of the place, didn't want to post it on here as thought mods might not be happy (mods if you're reading this let me know if it's OK and I'll post the details) only thing in it for me is I'll get a couple of tyres fitted for free if they sell some.

Like I said I can't afford them at the minute, not even at £400, I'm just trying to
help my fellow Scoobynetters
no i was not reffering you were on the make,i don't fall out with anyone unless face to face, the reason i put this thread up was to help other scoobynet users, i replied to everyone by pm, the wheels and tyres were from
merlin (jonny milners) who deal in wheels etc. there number is 01377288355
they might have a few sets left ,no falling out bgood!!!
Old 06 February 2005, 11:10 AM
bgood
Scooby Regular

no i was not reffering you were on the make,i don't fall out with anyone unless face to face, the reason i put this thread up was to help other scoobynet users, i replied to everyone by pm, the wheels and tyres were from
Well I'm glad we got that sorted, I'm not looking to fall out with anyone just needed you to clarify what you meant which you've done, thanks

Shame my local tyre place is so far out on their price really cos it sounds like they've got a lot of em, I'll see if I can convince them to drop their price
Old 06 February 2005, 11:44 AM
simo
Scooby Regular

dont think that they are out on price, dealers were selling at £700ish. Neilsti's source just v.cheap imho
Old 06 February 2005, 01:36 PM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

Neilsti,
Just sent you PM.

Dipster
Old 06 February 2005, 02:25 PM
bgood
Scooby Regular

Might as well put the name and number up here I spose for anyone that's interested.

Alba Tyres - 0113 244 4462, speak to Joe.
Old 06 February 2005, 03:13 PM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

Might as well put the name and number up here I spose for anyone that's interested.

Alba Tyres - 0113 244 4462, speak to Joe.
Cheers m8, thanks for the PM as well.

Anyone down south doing these for £400?
Abit of trek for an Essex lad.

Davedipster
Old 16 February 2005, 06:27 PM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

Neil,
Thanks again for the info, I received my wheels and tyres today £440 inc VAT and delivery!
They are totally mint and unused.
Merlin still have some sets left on 01377288355

Dipster

Last edited by davedipster; 16 February 2005 at 06:54 PM.
Old 16 February 2005, 06:49 PM
neilsti
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by davedipster
Neil,
Thanks again for the info, I received my wheels and tyres today £440 inc VAT and delivery!
They are totally mint and unused.
Merlin still have some sets left on 01377288355

Dipster
nice one, the re070 tyres are superb ,a bit stiff riding and they tramline abit but they make the car feel a lot more agile!
Old 17 February 2005, 04:47 PM
jmk
Scooby Regular

For Neilsti...

... Thanks for the tip. Need some new tyres and this way I get free wheels as well :-)

Can you email full images to jmk12345@hotmail.com

Does anyone know if these will fit an 03 WRX without any issues?
Old 17 February 2005, 06:24 PM
CataIunya
Scooby Regular

Are any of these places doing them without tyres ?
Old 17 February 2005, 08:17 PM
neilsti
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by CataIunya
Are any of these places doing them without tyres ?
i could do with aset of tyres without the wheels! might be able to sort something out if u want?

sorry i can't take any pics dipster but i am pretty sure they will fit your wrx.
Old 17 February 2005, 08:18 PM
neilsti
Scooby Newbie

i could do with aset of tyres without the wheels! might be able to sort something out if u want?

sorry i can't take any pics dipster but i am pretty sure they will fit your wrx.
i meant jmk!
Old 19 February 2005, 01:00 PM
boothy
Scooby Regular

Talking

i meant jmk!
Iam looking for a new set of tyres for my wrx 03.At that price i may as well have a new set of rims also.Can you confirm that they are actually subaru rims and not copies before i make the journey to view and hopefully buy
Old 19 February 2005, 01:11 PM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

Yep genuine.
Not many left, better be quick.

Dipster
Old 21 February 2005, 01:08 PM
Derek W
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Got a set from Merlin last week myself - absolutely superb, bargain of the century at £400! Have a look

http://derekwhitelaw9409.fotopic.net/p11906504.html
Old 21 February 2005, 01:44 PM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Derek W
Got a set from Merlin last week myself - absolutely superb, bargain of the century at £400! Have a look

http://derekwhitelaw9409.fotopic.net/p11906504.html
Very nice indeed, same as mine
What are re070's like in the snow

Dipster
Old 21 February 2005, 03:46 PM
Derek W
Scooby Regular

Haven't had enough snow in Glasgow to comment. So far I've not got any complaints in the wet, although I've not have a chance to really test them yet .

Quick Reply: good price?