Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

8 pots

Search this Thread

Old 11 February 2005, 09:28 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 8 pots

I Have been offered a set of 8 pots with 360mm discs-bells etc. They came off a my2000 with 18" rims. I have been told they are a like for like swop basis on the my2000. My scooby is a my2001 bugeye. Will this set up go straight onto mine? I hope so. Oh yes i have 19" rims on mine .
Old 12 February 2005, 08:27 AM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by webby v7 slipperwagon
I Have been offered a set of 8 pots with 360mm discs-bells etc. They came off a my2000 with 18" rims. I have been told they are a like for like swop basis on the my2000. My scooby is a my2001 bugeye. Will this set up go straight onto mine? I hope so. Oh yes i have 19" rims on mine .
Come on peeps, help me.
Old 12 February 2005, 08:34 AM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 384 Likes on 306 Posts

if they fitted the my00 then its a fair assumption that they will fit yours, however you make no mention of manufacturer, etc....................so everyone is probably a little perplexed??

wheel diameter is not the most important thing, offset and spoke design are also huge factors in clearance.................easiest is to try your wheel on a car with these already fitted.........

alyn
Old 12 February 2005, 09:17 AM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stockcar
if they fitted the my00 then its a fair assumption that they will fit yours, however you make no mention of manufacturer, etc....................so everyone is probably a little perplexed??

wheel diameter is not the most important thing, offset and spoke design are also huge factors in clearance.................easiest is to try your wheel on a car with these already fitted.........

alyn
Hi alyn, the brakes are WP PRO (winner power)?, with 2 x radial mount 8 piston calipers and 2 x 360mm discs and bells, does that help?
Old 12 February 2005, 03:37 PM
BlueBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if they're coming off a classic shape onto your bugeye, the brackets will most probably be the wrong type and need changing, so you'll need to contact a vendor or the manufacturer at least - at which time, your better checking with them as to whether your alloys will clear the callipers or not (as Alyn so rightly says, size ain't everything on these things)

Take care with the amount of mileage done on these brakes, you could be letting yourself in for more maintenance costs than you think if they've seen better days!
Old 12 February 2005, 04:08 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BlueBoy
if they're coming off a classic shape onto your bugeye, the brackets will most probably be the wrong type and need changing, so you'll need to contact a vendor or the manufacturer at least - at which time, your better checking with them as to whether your alloys will clear the callipers or not (as Alyn so rightly says, size ain't everything on these things)

Take care with the amount of mileage done on these brakes, you could be letting yourself in for more maintenance costs than you think if they've seen better days!
They come of a my2000, have done approx 2000 miles and have an offset of 20mm for the calipers and 30mm for the discs, which is the same as my 4 pots and discs. They come with all the hardwear, so will they go on or will it be a lot of expensive messing around?
Old 12 February 2005, 07:27 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 384 Likes on 306 Posts

if they are going on a std WRX new-age then the fittings will be exactly the same....................never come across that manufacturer personally, but the wheel issues as stated above are the thing to worry about...............

sorry can't be more help

alyn
Old 12 February 2005, 09:47 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stockcar
if they are going on a std WRX new-age then the fittings will be exactly the same....................never come across that manufacturer personally, but the wheel issues as stated above are the thing to worry about...............

sorry can't be more help

alyn
The minimum rim size is 18" for them, i have 19" on mine so at least that is sorted out, cheers alyn.
Old 15 February 2005, 08:24 AM
Sigmund
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After checking those WP brakes out a bit I would be very careful about spending any big amount of money on them.
If you get them very very cheap it should be ok, but I would rather buy myelf a set of AP six-pots or something that is know to fit and work for a long time.
It's not all about the number of pistons in the caliper. Tarox makes 10-pots and they are know to be poor.