Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

93 WRX rear discs, vented or solid?

Search this Thread

Old 15 May 2005, 06:21 PM
bgood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 WRX rear discs, vented or solid?

Bought some new rear discs as the ones on there are knackered, I had a 94 WRX before this one and it had solid rear discs so that's what I ordered for this 93 but having taken the wheels off I have discovered it has vented discs

So my question is what is standard for a 93WRX, solid or vented and does it make much of a difference, i.e. would I be ok to just stick the solid ones on??

TIA
Old 15 May 2005, 08:09 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 398 Likes on 317 Posts

all classic WRX impreza's have a vented rear disc as std............................the only solid disc models were UK turbo's up to '99 when they also went to vented.........

would suggest as there is only £10 difference between the two, just fit the correct parts.......

alyn
Old 15 May 2005, 10:07 PM
bgood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by stockcar
all classic WRX impreza's have a vented rear disc as std............................the only solid disc models were UK turbo's up to '99 when they also went to vented.........

would suggest as there is only £10 difference between the two, just fit the correct parts.......

alyn
So it looks like some divvy fitted the wrong thing at some point to my last car then cos it definitely had solid discs on it

Like you say it's only a small price difference so might as well fit the right parts, I didn't put them on cos I felt vented is better than solid, only trouble is with the P+P for returning and delivering the new ones it's probably gonna be a fair bit more than £10

Anyway, thanks for the prompt reply Alyn, a wealth of knowledge as always