Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

godspeed brakes is a god!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 25 July 2005, 08:53 AM
welshimpreza
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default godspeed brakes is a god!!!!!!!!

Finally took the plunge and had a front brake upgrade courtesy of Godspeed brakes in Bridgend! I went for his new disk kit and standard calipers and I cannot recommend Ian and his company enough to anyone wishing to upgrade their brakes. His knowledge, skill, engineering prowess in crafting these products is absolutely second to none and also is a bloody nice bloke to boot!!! what he does not know about car mechanicals isn't worth talking about and you should have seen the beamer he is building which when completed is just going to be absolutely AWESOME, complete with prodrive bits and pieces!

Thanks Ian for all your help could not have got these without you!

If you are looking at a set of new disks then godspeed should be your first port of call!! BAR NONE! pics below for you all to enjoy will get a rim shot over the weekend!!!! WWWW AAAHHH MISSES!

http://-tony-jones.fotopic.net/c625200.html
Old 25 July 2005, 07:11 PM
bbigman2000
Scooby Regular

look superb mate excellent
Old 27 July 2005, 10:29 PM
Scratch
Scooby Senior

Have already planned to do this myself once I have the money.

Mate did these last year on his bugeye and they were very powerful.
Old 28 July 2005, 10:24 AM
4X4BOB
Scooby Regular

Angry

Having owned an '02 scoob with 6pots that were excellent . . . and then having been a passenger in an different '02 scoob with the Godspeed conversion, and that car not being able to stop as the owner tried to prove his Godspeed brakes were equally as good (which they weren't) and then overshooting a T-junction, narrowly missing an artic from the left and a car from the right, leavin the road and flying through the air landing into a dyke writing the car off and breaking MY sternum and 5 ribs I have to say I wouldn't waste my money or MY LIFE on a cheapo conversion that butchers the original calipers in order to fit a bigger disk / pad combo.

Maybe the ******** driver (that fitted them himself) fecked the job up somehow, and in fact the conversion can be very good. All I know is that he got a new car from the insurance (after he had stipped off his nondeclared mods so his insurance didn't find out) while I got 4 months off work (unpaid 'cos self employed) and a lifetime of after effects.

Why people would cut corners on safety putting their own life and the lives of others at risk is beyond me

HOWEVER I am sure that if you went direct to Ian (?) at Godspeed and let him fit your brakes then it would probably be a lot better / safer than an unqualified inexperience diy type fitting their own conversion kit.
Old 28 July 2005, 10:37 AM
Welloilbeefhooked
Scooby Regular

BOB, it sounds like its the driver and not the brakes in this case. The conversion, which I also have, is very good and if driven within its limits holds up very well indeed.

I dont see how upgrading from the 294 discs to the 335 can in anyway be seen as cutting corners. They DO work better than the standard setup and are worth the money. An AP kit for me was simply too much money.

Just my 2 peneth.
Old 28 July 2005, 10:42 AM
Granby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 4X4BOB
HOWEVER I am sure that if you went direct to Ian (?) at Godspeed and let him fit your brakes then it would probably be a lot better / safer than an unqualified inexperience diy type fitting their own conversion kit.
Have to agree there, i went to Godspeed to have the brake kit fitted as i didn't want to **** it up myself, Ian done a brilliant job and the brakes are great, I've used them at castle combe and they worked a treat , i would recommend Godspeed to anyone
Old 28 July 2005, 10:46 AM
4X4BOB
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Welloilbeefhooked
BOB, it sounds like its the driver and not the brakes in this case. The conversion, which I also have, is very good and if driven within its limits holds up very well indeed.

I dont see how upgrading from the 294 discs to the 335 can in anyway be seen as cutting corners. They DO work better than the standard setup and are worth the money. An AP kit for me was simply too much money.

Just my 2 peneth.

Indeed the driver was a complete tw@t and if I ever meet him again he'll get a tw@tting from me!
For me, there are a few points I didnt like about the kit, hence why I went for 6pots for mine.
I didn't like the way the oem caliper has to be mounted, its too small for the disk and pad and although the conversion is an improvement over the oem setup, its still a conversion hence there is normally a comprimise to be had.

My 6 pots cost me ~£1100 in 2002 after selling the oem brakes!
And I improved my brakes and handling BEFORE I went about increasing the engine power, no point having more power if you car cant cope with it - which is what too many scoobynetters do IMHO.