Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Best Tyres?

Search this Thread

Old 10 August 2005, 10:35 PM
Daz1121
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best Tyres?

I've recently bought my 1st Impreza Turbo, a 2000 model Turbo 2000 AWD. It's very recently had 2 new michelin tyes on the front but on the rear has a toyo and another make of tyre. I want to get all 4 tyres the same and am wondering what will be the best tyre to go for. The garage I use for my tyres has already said it will give me a very good price for the 2 michelins as they have covered less than 1000 miles. I've had bridgestones on a performance Honda for 5 years and am wondering if these will be the best tyres to put on my Impreza.
Old 11 August 2005, 12:27 PM
tyresqueal
Scooby Regular

Goodyear eagle F1s and Pirelli P Zero Nero are pretty good, but pricey. Good value at the moment are the Toyo Proxes T1-R, which I hear are good but I haven't tried them yet. Unless you're going to become a real track addict I'd avoid any of the really soft, track biased options as they wear very quickly and can be pretty lethal in heavy rain!

Have a look through some of the other threads in the Wheels, Tyres & Brakes forum - there are lots of comparison arguments out there!
Old 11 August 2005, 12:36 PM
Daz1121
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that and will have a good read of the other threads on the forum. Want to try and get tyres changed soon as got a long drive up to Knockhill at the end of this month for the BTCC meeting.

Originally Posted by tyresqueal
Goodyear eagle F1s and Pirelli P Zero Nero are pretty good, but pricey. Good value at the moment are the Toyo Proxes T1-R, which I hear are good but I haven't tried them yet. Unless you're going to become a real track addict I'd avoid any of the really soft, track biased options as they wear very quickly and can be pretty lethal in heavy rain!

Have a look through some of the other threads in the Wheels, Tyres & Brakes forum - there are lots of comparison arguments out there!
Old 15 August 2005, 03:18 PM
Buck Rogers
Scooby Regular

I've been running Bridgestone RE720's on my Turbo Wagon for the last two-and-a-half years with no complaints other than the fact they tend to wear a bit on the edges.

Excellent wet & dry grip with predictable/manageable oversteer/4-wheel drift when pushed really hard in the wet; never had any unexpected/unwelcome moments, even flat out in 5th: I drive the car pretty hard and get through a set of tyres about every 12 months or so. Can't see me ever changing to another tyre.

Buck