Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

BRIDGESTONE POTENZAS????? WASSUP?

Search this Thread

Old 26 January 2006, 09:45 PM
carluchio
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BRIDGESTONE POTENZAS????? WASSUP?

just out of intrest i was thinkin the other day how much the tyres are on my car? ive got a 54 reg 05 black sti. its got bridgestone potenza"s on it. they look sorta semi slick on the outer part of the tyre. how much do they cost? what do you lot think about them? im not too confident of them in the wet ive had a couple of scary moments goin into roundabouts where the front has slid away from me. anyways cheers u lot
Old 26 January 2006, 10:53 PM
ninjacost
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by carluchio
just out of intrest i was thinkin the other day how much the tyres are on my car? ive got a 54 reg 05 black sti. its got bridgestone potenza"s on it. they look sorta semi slick on the outer part of the tyre. how much do they cost? what do you lot think about them? im not too confident of them in the wet ive had a couple of scary moments goin into roundabouts where the front has slid away from me. anyways cheers u lot

I hated reo70's on my spec c ,primarily the awful tramlining and the noise ,changed to vredestein ultrac now much better for me, all down to personal choice though, some guys on here think bridgestones are great i personally think the ultracs would murder them in any other condition than bone dry
Old 26 January 2006, 11:07 PM
GingerbreadMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by carluchio

I've got potenza S03's. They're pukka in the dry, can't fault them apart from the overly stiff side walls and tramlining, but getting used to 'em. I've them on 17s and I think they were about £90 each.(can't quite remember). They are quite soft and do get a bit chewed up when it's dry, but they don't half grip!!
In the wet, same as you, coming off roundabouts sideways, but I think that's partly down to me. The front wheels do slide away from time to time (too much right foot!!)

I'm probably going to try something else next time, but I would go back to them.
Old 26 January 2006, 11:33 PM
ST AYE
Scooby Regular

070's were fitted as standard to my 03 specC, I found them great in the dry, not so great when damp but ok'ish in the wet. I always found that the back end stepped out first!
I am on F1's as I couldnt obtain 070's when mine required replacement, I will be going back to 070's when the F1's are dead, I have just been quoted £87.00 each corner for 070's
Old 27 January 2006, 10:02 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by ST AYE
I have just been quoted £87.00 each corner for 070's
Who quoted you that?

Tony
Old 27 January 2006, 10:07 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im on my second set of RE070's, they are an excellent tyre and are better than you think, though they do give you more feel though the steering wheel than any other tyre ive tried (hence people dont like them).
They are excellent in both wet and dry condtions, though on slightly greasy surfaces they can be a bit skittish, and if you get stuck in ruts on the road they tramline (same with any 225 size tyre though you do feel it more as they have a solid sidewall) and when new (still greasy) you will feel the white lines on the road (or if its been dry for a while and its just rained).
They scared me at first, but you may have to change your driving style slightly to adapt to these tyres, a little less agressive in the wet but you will still be very quick, but like i said, its just on the damp surfaces that you can suffer the most, though ive only had 1 moment like this, and i got whooped on a big roundabout (well not whooped, just kept the same distance) by an audi A160 when the car was letting me know she wanted to understeer a touch.

Tony
Old 27 January 2006, 02:32 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

Had a new bridgestone fitted yesterday - great timing as I have only driven 200 in the car. Fitted and balanced was 120 quid. Will probably try something else when they wear out though
Old 27 January 2006, 08:51 PM
ST AYE
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Who quoted you that?

Tony
Yes I was rather surprised as well.
I dont know if i am allowed to say as it may be deemed advertising.
PM for their details
Old 28 January 2006, 12:08 PM
Mjb1957
Scooby Regular

Default tyres

I have a WRX 2005 and have got Bridgestones on my 17's . I am going to change all four tyres as my Bridgestones don't hold the road as good as i like.
The tyres which i will get are Goodyear Eagle F1 which i can get for £90 each fully fitted.