Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Pirelli Pzero Rosso Tyres

Search this Thread

Old 25 July 2010, 05:01 PM
Methusulah
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pirelli Pzero Rosso Tyres

Ok, I am new to this forum, and I have searched to see if anyone else has posted this query so apologies if Imissed it.
I have a Seat Toledo Stylance fitted with Pzero Rosso 225/40 ZR18 tyres. Had the car three years and so far four tyres have 'gone flat' . First split its sides and Pirelli replaced the cost. Next went flat and neither I nor the garage could see why. Next went flat with literally hundreds of small wires sticking throug the inner wall and the tyre would not hold pressure above 22 psi. Now the fourth has gone flat, again nothing obvious except I have to fork out another £150+ to replace. My query? Am I just the unlucky one, or are these tyres really this bad. And I have just completed 29,500 miles in 3 years, not exactly caning it.
thanks
Old 28 July 2010, 09:14 PM
chavadurkin
Scooby Regular

29000 on the same tyres??

That's a lot of miles for one set if tyres.

Try going for something a little different. I have the Pzero rosso's on my company car and think they are ok, if a little over priced. Go for some toyo t1r's or vredestein sessantas and you won't go far wrong.

C.
Old 29 July 2010, 02:35 AM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

I had these on my WRX a few years back and thought they were rubish. Traming in the wet , terrible feedback via teh walls and vibration to the subframes etc.

At the same time one of my sisters put a set on her LCR (Leon Cupra R). The inners went on both of the fronts within a years down to the wire as you said.

She had a new geo setting by SEAT UK dealer and another new set of Rosso's on the front. And again went through them in a year. Again the inners.

So once changed to a set of Falken 452's or 912's and they have been on for over a year (18 months) no problems.

Maybe it's a SEAT thing where these tyres get chewed up easy who knows?

Steve
Old 30 July 2010, 12:36 PM
Methusulah
Scooby Newbie

Default pzero rosso update

Well after all the things I said about Pirelli, they have responded. First they will pay the cost to replace the latest tyre. Also once the previous one is abck with them replace that as well! and they are sending an engineer to check the car and tyres to see if he can see what the problem is caused by, can't say fairer than that!