Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

New EBC Redstuff - Start of test!

Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2010, 01:02 AM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink New EBC Redstuff - Start of test!

Well thanks to Andy at EBC I got my Redstuff pads to try, along with new EBC USR discs all round (discs I paid for).
I have currently done approx 180 'proper' miles on them with regular but not heavy braking, so light to normal really with no emergency stops.
TBH they felt ok from the start but now they are starting to bed in they are getting better. I am giving them another week and around 100 more miles before I go for the street bed in routine on the website.
At the moment I like them and have had no scary issues from cold, although of course I can tell they are cold. Does not take long to get them warmed up though as I live at the top of a hill so merely going down that helps! lol.
Anyway, I digress..............Cold bite is ok, nothing brilliant, but certainly not scary and pull me up just fine.
I am starting to tell a difference in having the rear matching the fronts as well and I am needing very little pedal pressure to stop the car from any normal speed and normal distances.
I cant wait to get them bedded in then I am going for a country lane 'cruise', LOL.
Just out of interest, can anyone else post thier thoughts on the NEW Redstuff pads? Not the old ones please, just the post March 2010 compound.
EDIT: This is to say I never go on track, nor do I spend my days on country lanes, hence the test for Andy on the Redstuff pads. Only a very small (sob, sob) amount of my time is spent driving 'properly' due to my shift patterns and of course the wife's 'soundtrack' in my ear if i dare to drive like it!

Last edited by MaDaSS; 19 September 2010 at 01:05 AM.
Old 19 September 2010, 02:30 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Keep us posted after a few more miles and bedding in

What were you using previously?
Old 19 September 2010, 06:21 PM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

Previously was all OEM discs, but I had Pagid Blue front pads (bloody too expensive nowdays, but of course a good pad) and OEM rear pads on OEM discs (tbh not very good when required and i felt like the car was standing on its nose if I did need heavy braking!). I never matched front and rear pads as Pagid dont make rear Blues so just sort of made do with standard rear pads. Now I am getting into the new set up, I like it better.
EDIT: I still got the Pagid Blue in the car boot if anyone is after a 2nd hand set. Of course I will need to measure whats left on them and assess how they look first!

Last edited by MaDaSS; 19 September 2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 22 September 2010, 04:36 PM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

I have now done just over 300 miles using the brakes light to medium braking with two harder stops (my bad anticipation! lol). I cant wait to get out this Saturday and bed them in properly and then go for a spirited drive of my amateurish style!
At the moment even the missus is impressed with the 'feel' of the car under the heavier braking than before. It feels a lot better and now brakes better at the rear than it as ever done (compared to oem discs and pads). I will post a proper review after the weekends fun and let Andy at EBC know my thoughts on these pads.
For me though so far they are superb, ok from cold, better with heat, now for Saturday and some back roads! LOL.
Old 22 September 2010, 04:37 PM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

I have now done just over 300 miles using the brakes light to medium braking with two harder stops (my bad anticipation! lol). I cant wait to get out this Saturday and bed them in properly and then go for a spirited drive of my amateurish style!
At the moment even the missus is impressed with the 'feel' of the car under the heavier braking than before. It feels a lot better and now brakes better at the rear than it as ever done (compared to oem discs and pads). I will post a proper review after the weekends fun and let Andy at EBC know my thoughts on these pads.
For me though so far they are superb, ok from cold, better with heat, now for Saturday and some back roads! LOL.
Old 25 September 2010, 07:33 PM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

Ok, so now I have done over 400 miles and go out for the bed in run! I took the missus with me for verbal support, LOL.
I did the first run of 6 stops from 60 to 10 mph as quickly as possible. Nice smoke from the rear brakes and definite fade on the last stop with a hard pedal and not much braking. I then drove for 3 miles with no braking at all at 60 mph to cool things down.
I then started the 2nd run of 60 to 10 mph stops. Again some nice smoke from the rear albeit a lot less than before and the 6th stop again produced some brake fade.
Another 3 mile drive to cool things down and that leaves me tomorrow to go out for a spirited drive and see how they perform.
I just hope it was green fade and i never get it again whilst driving! LOL.
Old 25 September 2010, 07:33 PM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

Ok, so now I have done over 400 miles and go out for the bed in run! I took the missus with me for verbal support, LOL.
I did the first run of 6 stops from 60 to 10 mph as quickly as possible. Nice smoke from the rear brakes and definite fade on the last stop with a hard pedal and not much braking. I then drove for 3 miles with no braking at all at 60 mph to cool things down.
I then started the 2nd run of 60 to 10 mph stops. Again some nice smoke from the rear albeit a lot less than before and the 6th stop again produced some brake fade.
Another 3 mile drive to cool things down and that leaves me tomorrow to go out for a spirited drive and see how they perform.
I just hope it was green fade and i never get it again whilst driving! LOL.