Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

WHEEL CHOICE HELP SKODA VRS MK II

Search this Thread

Old 29 February 2012, 01:08 AM
KOOLIE
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHEEL CHOICE HELP SKODA VRS MK II

[IMG][img=http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/360/afterspitpolishmay2011.th.jpg][/IMG]
%20[/IMG]

Hi All.

Been running Ultra Lite Atec II 18""x 8.5j x 35mm o/s for some years now on my humble tdi pd Octy. I had them refinished in gloss black. I'd be grateful for any pics or info to help me make a choice for a second set of rims to fit in silver for shows . I really like Jap Wheels and want to get away from the usual boring choice seen on VW group cars. I like the std Neptunes fitted on the facelift Vrs but want more offset as the Octavia has fairly big arches to fill out. The Atecs are just nicely on the limit!. As far as i can see the later subaru's and lancers all went up in PCD like VW and if that's so it should widen my choice. I'll be happy with another set of Atecs but thought i'd see what else is out there first. I guess you guys must know what's out there on the jap car scene.
If it's any help to anyone on here i discovered that late VW group cars went up from 100 mm to 112mm PCD and the Atecs are 114mm. All that's needed is to ream the 12mm bolt holes to VW 14mm, use commonly available spigot adaptors and they fit straight on so if you are running a late 5x bolt VW group car it gives an original choice plus a host of other jap rims. Even the std bolts are the correct length. I glued Skoda roundels on the Ultralite caps and they look factory.
Is 114mm PCD std on all later Scoobs and Lancers !!?.
I plan to have whatever rims i choose refinished in hyper silver so the design is all that matters. Good to be on here and look forward to chat.

Last edited by KOOLIE; 01 March 2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 29 February 2012, 11:14 AM
REVOLUTION
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Koolie

We have supplied plenty of custom fitment wheels and wheels for the late VAG cars by Rota/XXR/Ultralite etc.
You can use a 114pcd wheel (Jap fitment) on the 112 stud pattern cars, like you said, on some wheels you just need to run the holes out to take the M14x1.5 bolt on the Skoda.
Feel free to give me a call to discuss and for more info.

Thanks

Keith
0191 4619200
www.revolution247.com